Stop bringing politics stuff to the game and focus on fixing your own game first.

Ihatelife
Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
edited October 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

I'm honestly so tired with all these LGBT and Black lives matter stuff that is constantly being bring on your game account on twitter/facebook etc. If I would want to hear what is happening in the world I would just turn that bullshit TV. Thank you. And yes I'm talking about this as the gay myself.

If the account is about to discuss and promote your own game, then maybe focus on fixing bugs on polishing it first, because it's honestly ######### annoying that you guys prefer to focus on stuff that have nothing to do with the game.

We were about to get new graphics settings. Where is it? This isn't normal that we should change the game files in order to turn off Vsync.

Our feedback was about to be very important to you guys. Yet, you guys make a ######### changes to the perks that will not change anything.

We get a ######### cosmetics for a hillarious price that no asked. Honestly this game is getting more as clothing simulator than a horror game.

We were about to get more info about balancing the keys and moris. Where is it?

Honestly care more about your game and the community (The real players that are here with you for a long time period), because the game is getting very unfair, when both sides are constantly using the most broken op items that are still in game from about 3-4 years ago.

Solo Q is ######### unfair and unfun from about 2 years or longer and yet you guys did nothing about it, even though most of the players are complaining about it.

This post will propably trigger a lot of people, but I don't care, because the game is getting way more toxic than it used to be earlier. Honestly part of me wished that the game would never get to this such a point. Thank you for attention.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,165

Clothing simulator is a great description. 😂

• FrootLoops
    FrootLoops Member Posts: 376

while I understand the point that you are making I would like to point out the fact that the people that are managing the social media and the people that are writing the character stories are certainly not developers. simiilarly the people that design and program the cosmetics are not the same people that design and program the game mechanics.

This game has grown to the point that it is necessary to put attention into those peripheral things like back story, character archetypes, and community engagement. But those things also help bring in new players and more revenue with which they can hire more developers to better help bring their promises to reality.

TLDR; what they are doing doesn't take away time from updates, fixes, etc... while also giving more money to pay the people that are doing the core work

• Ihatelife

I'm sorry, but me and many other people loved the game because of the cool concept and content that is in the game, not because you guys support LGBT and Black Lives Matters. Imo all I just want is at least the stable game with decent community. I don't see nothing wrong with supporting it, but it shouldn't be the top priority over the game itself. Many people plays the games to have fun and forget for a moment about the world. I'm really sorry, but it looks like politics are way more important than the game for BHVR. I don't like the way you guys are going into it.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

I guess I'm just lost in the weeds on this one. I haven't noticed much in the way of any kind of politics on the main website or in chat after games. I'm not really sure what is getting under the OP's skin? Are you talking about the personal Steam Accounts, Twitter, and all that of our Player base? If so, nothing obligates you to go look at anyone's personal accounts. Aside from the odd person bringing a politically charged topic (like you) into this Forum, I haven't encountered anything of the sort. What am I missing?

And if you are talking about the social media accounts of other Players, they have the right to make whatever statement they want.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

How do you get the feeling that this is too priority.

it doesn’t look like that at all. Especially with LGBTQ support they just made a small tweet a while ago that said they won’t exclude it anymore.. since then there were content updates, bug fixes, cross features etc and nothing LGBTQ in the game? Even less Black Lives Matter

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620

Excuse me,I am gay and I know that every company that "supports" LGBT they do for marketing issues. Why on a single month and not everytime? Do you understand my point? The same with Black Lives Matter, when everyone started with their post on "In this company we don't support or agree with racism" you know that it's because the community will say "I am so glad to be part of this community, BHVR I love you guys 😍 😍 😍"

Don't missunderstand me but racism issues and news are on TV many times on US, yet I don't see many post from companies about BLM, just when "that incident" happended. Let's suppose the day of tomorrow a LGBT community member is murdered, but for some reason it doesn't cause as much noise all over the world, then companies won't put a "we don't believe in hate" or something like that and so won't BHVR, so being in the Happy Pride Month and saying that you show and support the LGBT community is... honestly a bad joke and I think it's hypocrite. I mean, if someone doesn't care enough that's fine, but no need to be an hypocrite and say you support the LGBT community when you don't care about it at all and you're just doing it for the Happy Pride month. So I kind of dislike the hypocresy. And whether you're right, those are different teams so balance issues shouldn't be the main issue on the twitter account I do believe if you want to connect with the community you could do it in a less hypocrital way.

Wel, of course if many people believe that in Christmas they should leave the arguments between family behind to be "love and peace" but the day after Christmas they will start arguing again then you understand that most of humans are hypocrite beings and care more for appearances than the truth.

• bubbabrotha
    bubbabrotha Member Posts: 1,138

Exactly. I'm just so tired of every thing having to be woke. I just want to have fun. Representation is cool and all but either be genuine or don't bother. If they do make an LGBT character, make it subtle. Don't make it their character.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 2,010

But they are being genuine, and yet you're still complaining.

Up to now not a single character has been explicitly LGBT and you're already telling them exactly how they need to handle it.

What you say and what you mean don't match up.

• bubbabrotha
    bubbabrotha Member Posts: 1,138

My thoughts are a mess right now. If what I say doesn't make a lot of sense right now, that's why.

What I mean is politics dont belong in video games. And if they are inserted, it should be natural and not forced.

• Moundshroud

Thank you, that clarifies it a great deal. I have a solution for the OP; avoid the social channels if you don't like hearing what people have to say whether it is the company or individuals. I'm kind of embarrassed, as I wasn't even aware there were any such channels. That is why I was totally lost in this thread.

• Science_Guy

You're not missing anything. BLM, LGBT issues or whatever else gets posted in community channels obviously has nothing even remotely to do with cosmetic prices, solo queue, or keys and mories. But I guess no one ever said DBD forum rants have to be rational.

• Moundshroud

Thanks; between the Moderator and you, I understand this much better.

• Science_Guy

Well, I'd say the issue is that people will call anything and everything political. To some people, your harmless recommendation of just having a gay character, subtly and without even focusing on that in their bio, is political. Yui got a surprising amount of backlash initially because her story of domestic assault was "political", and Zarina being Arab-American filmmaker was automatically "political" even though they kept the focus of her work fairly simple. And personally, I'm of the opinion that if simply acknowledging that other kinds of people or experiences exist is politics, then I can't agree that politics don't have a place in games.

At any rate, I think BHVR is taking a very careful, unforced approach to dealing with these things. Felix is the first character to ever explicitly have a sexuality, and he's straight. If they were just pandering, they would have just made Felix their token gay.

• Ihatelife

And how do I will know about the PTB releases or changes that are coming to game?

Also you completely missed out the point.

For me it feels like for BHVR the politics stuff is more important than the game itself.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited October 2020

Well, I'd say the issue is that people will call anything and everything political.

This is indeed the issue. It's literally just characters with a given characteristic, no different from Jake liking the outdoors or Kate playing the guitar.

Felix is the first character to ever explicitly have a sexuality, and he's straight. If they were just pandering, they would have just made Felix their token gay.

Small correction: the Nurse was the first character to explicitly mention her orientation.

• Science_Guy

True. I forgot about her and Oni. Felix would be the first survivor, then.

• Moundshroud

I knew about the PTB releases and all that jazz and I didn't even KNOW those channels existed. I got all my info here.

• Ihatelife

Also I want to mention something very important. If you guys want to support something, then support everyone no matter of their gender, color skin or sexual orientation. Because supporting only one side feels like you guys making a hate on white people that have a straight sexuality orientation and that makes the community diversed from each other making it even more toxic than it used to be. Be impartial ffs.

• Orion
  • Orion

Literally every single character with an explicit orientation has been heterosexual. You're covered, don't worry.

• Ihatelife

Sorry, but I'm not the type of person that cares about other's people opinion and their vision on the world. I grow up from this #########. And I still will say that being impartial is the best way of looking at the world and people. Thank you.

• Orion

Then let's be impartial and add LGBT characters without caring about your opinion and vision of the world.

• ChromaticaSlut
    ChromaticaSlut Member Posts: 5

If you don't want politics to be brought to the game, then don't do it yourself. Ignore people who do. Just like you're allowed to make a post like this voicing your opinion, other people are also allowed to be vocal about their opinion. Dead by Daylight is an inclusive game.

This is just one huge exaggeration. It's really not that serious. And with all the racism and homophobia in the world, I just don't understand why you're putting so much energy into condemning people who are vocal about it.

• ChromaticaSlut
    ChromaticaSlut Member Posts: 5

Also, for someone who doesn't care about other people's opinion, you sure did spend a lot of time complaining about other people's opinions... I'm just saying.

• JackHarper141
    JackHarper141 Member Posts: 42

The fact that people are gay and black isn't politics? It's just a fact of life, lol.

They can do two things at once. They have a team of writers for lore and a team that balances the game. Chill.

• LuffyBlack
    LuffyBlack Member Posts: 595
    edited October 2020

We can't even escape you reactionaries in the game forums. Imagine thinking that the very idea that we exist is "political". For all of the back and forward about entitlement, this is the behavior we shouldn't find acceptable.

• mistar_z
    mistar_z Member Posts: 857
    edited October 2020

Imagine thinking that being non cic/hetero or a person of color and their right to exist, is political. lol. People want a game with story and characters that's pulled from the real world but want to pretend that world comes with all sorts of people with all kinds of backgrounds. One character being gay doesn't break the game just the same as a character is mentioned to be straight. Felix having a girlfriend doesn't add anything or take away from the game, so if a they want to have lgbt characters its their prerogative.

Just because people are asking for that stuff doesn't mean they don't want the bugs ignored or features that improve the game to be implemented. There's probably a team of 4 at most that's involved with the lore .

• Ihatelife

Did you guys even read what I said? What are u all? A broken record? Let me explain this to you all very easily:

I said that political stuff shouldn't take bigger priority over the game itself.

• jelly101
    jelly101 Member Posts: 14
    edited October 2020

"We get a [BAD WORD] cosmetics for a hillarious price that no asked. Honestly this game is getting more as clothing simulator than a horror game."

You thought DBD developers are paid from the money plucked from trees? If the game needs improvement they need to double their sales and our responsibility is to support the developers by getting cosmetics so they can keep improving the game for us to have a better experience. From 4 years back to now how awesome the game has turned out to be. Always learn to look at the bright side and just dont get stuck on a hook. On DBD you can even get nice skins by collecting shards. Most of the games do not have this option of getting skins based on your hard work. You have to pay for it and I dont understand why you cannot appreciate the game as well as what developers have done up to date since inception.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

It doesn’t. As stated above the company showing solidarity against systemic police abuse of minorities or against sexual discrimination has zero impact on game development. This is similar to the disingenuous argument when people complain that NFL players should not have a moment of silence for these causes at the start of a game because it somehow means they’re not “playing the game”.

Also the argument that Black Lives Matter implies it’s “not fair” is ignoring the implied “Too”, as in the movement is arguing that “Black Lives Matter Too”, not “Only Black Lives Matter”. They are arguing for fair treatment for a group that experiences unfair treatment, not for unfair treatment for the majority.

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,706

Since this thread is getting a bit too tense and to avoid more issues, we decided to close it.

I want to point out a couple of things tho, the Community Team's priority is the community, the playerbase and the movements you described in your thread influence the community, so it's normal the Team wants to show support to them in any way possible.

This doesn't take priority over the bug fixes and gameplay improvements that, and i want this to be completely clear, are NOT done by the Community Team, we do not work on the code, we do not program stuff, we do not balance perks.

This discussion has been closed.