Freddy buff

Options

Make Freddy's dream transaction last 3-4s at base. 2,5s with right add ons. 7s is too much! Make it so the first 30s of repairing a gen or healing u cannot get a skillcheck then it's random when u get it so ppl don't just wake up in 3s after they start repairing the gen. Survivor that is picked up from the floor should NOT get out of the dream world, or with that dream transaction that would be such problem that it is now. ;) I think with these changes Freddy would be way more balanced and actually not suck. He would be as good as he is supposed to be. I know survivor mains will cry about these changes but you should not have ez games against mid and low tier killers.

Comments

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    Options
    His base transition speed is abysmal. You can actually get people off the ground before he can put the healers to sleep, which wakes up the downed guy. They could keep this going for quite some time.
  • SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146
    Options

If they made the dream transition cancel actions and the selfcare skillcheck no longer wake people up freddy would be in a good spot.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

Freddy
    Buff
    Pick one.

On a more serious tone : they seemed to want to tweak freddy, but it seems like Trapper will be the next one on the list.

• Doomsaki
    Doomsaki Member Posts: 152
    Options

@SadonicShadow said:
    ..... and the selfcare skillcheck no longer wake people up freddy would be in a good spot.

In a twist of irony, the biggest threat to the rank 1, SWF, no perk, no addons "Depip Squad" making rounds on youtube would be a Freddy because they don't have self care. Freddy's design balance is a bit thrown off this by perk badly.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,108
    Options

Just got a 4K with Freddy using only Hex perks on the Pale Rose (all of us were green ranks). Got 25k bloodpoints while they each had 8k.

• Angelos455
    Angelos455 Member Posts: 25
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Noone said you cannot get a 4k with freddy. You can get a 4k with every killer (and with no perks) if instead of survivors you have bricks.High skilled surivors are the problem that make fun of the killer because he cannot outplay them.Although chases with freddy are easened since you always know where your prey is, it is as hard as with any other killer to get it down (i am not talking about high skilled nurses of course).
  • Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,108
    edited June 2018
    Options

To start, Freddy's auto-aim/lunge shouldn't target survivors who are awake, and he should be able to vault through a window even if a survivor who is awake or transitioning is already vaulting through the same location.

• Violator
    Violator Member Posts: 17
    Options

@MaxiferPriest said:
    Make Freddy's dream transaction last 3-4s at base. 2,5s with right add ons. 7s is too much! Make it so the first 30s of repairing a gen or healing u cannot get a skillcheck then it's random when u get it so ppl don't just wake up in 3s after they start repairing the gen. Survivor that is picked up from the floor should NOT get out of the dream world, or with that dream transaction that would be such problem that it is now. ;) I think with these changes Freddy would be way more balanced and actually not suck. He would be as good as he is supposed to be. I know survivor mains will cry about these changes but you should not have ez games against mid and low tier killers.

Freddy nerf is why I stopped playing the game for a good while. Then I decided to come back after having a firm stance on not giving any more money to the devs. I suggest other killers do the same. They need to fix their game before they introduce new content

• The_Manlet
    The_Manlet Member Posts: 474
    Options

They've said in a Q&A they're testing a 4 second base transition speed and self-care skillchecks no longer waking people up, as well as less fog in the dream world so it's easier for Freddy to see. If these buffs go through he'd probably be upper mid-tier.

• Violator
    Violator Member Posts: 17
    Options

they should make it so failing skill checks has a CHANCE to wake you up. its not a garuntee. then it makes his add ons that reduce skill checks more viable

• MaxiferPriest
    MaxiferPriest Member Posts: 189
    Options

@Violator said:
    they should make it so failing skill checks has a CHANCE to wake you up. its not a garuntee. then it makes his add ons that reduce skill checks more viable

that would be awesome yes. it should be 50% chance to wake up on failing skill ckecks. but not from self heal

• Schulz_The_Ugly
    Schulz_The_Ugly Member Posts: 61
    Options

@Doomsaki said:

@SadonicShadow said:
    ..... and the selfcare skillcheck no longer wake people up freddy would be in a good spot.

In a twist of irony, the biggest threat to the rank 1, SWF, no perk, no addons "Depip Squad" making rounds on youtube would be a Freddy because they don't have self care. Freddy's design balance is a bit thrown off this by perk badly.

they cound simply make SC with charges so that it would become a annoying trade out: yea you could freedy but you also lose a perk bnuahaha

• Onehouse
    Onehouse Member Posts: 46
    Options

I bought his DLC the day it released but couldn't play right away. When I do get back to it Freddy was already nerfed. sigh I'd like the original Freddy mechanics put into a PTB to see how many of us would rather have that back.

On actual buffs, the simplest is to not let the survivor wake up by being put on a hook. That should be a post-rescue cooperative action like healing. (Waking up others should be healing action as far as Nurse's Calling is concerned.) Fred should also be allowed to interrupt/grab survivors from rescues, gens, vaults, etc. A complaint could be "But they're not in the Dreamscape" to which I say, "Shut up. He's a DEMON empowered by the magic of a spacetime bending Entity. He dragged them into Dreamscape with a touch."

• shadowsfall42
    shadowsfall42 Member Posts: 201
    Options
    No. Not a buff, his mechanics are frustrating on both sides. What he needs is a complete overhaul. A rework. 
  • MaxiferPriest
    Options

@shadowsfall42 said:
    No. Not a buff, his mechanics are frustrating on both sides. What he needs is a complete overhaul. A rework. 

nope his power is what it is supposed to be. he is a DREAM DEMON not some random normal killer ;) just the execution of his power is bad by devs ;) XDD

• shadowsfall42
    shadowsfall42 Member Posts: 201
    Options

@shadowsfall42 said:

nope his power is what it is supposed to be. he is a DREAM DEMON not some random normal killer ;) just the execution of his power is bad by devs ;) XDD

His current power isn't even that representative of who Freddy is. He doesn't put his victims to sleep, he waits in the dream scape to torment and torture them. He wants people to be afraid to sleep until they literally cannot do anything to stop that, then kills them. Maybe if the power belonged to a sandman inspired killer and not Freddy it would make sense. 

From a gameplay standpoint, It's frustrating for Freddy, and frustrating for survivors. That's evidence of it being poorly designed. Michael is an example of a well designed kit, as it somewhat represents what Michael is and is exciting from a gameplay point of view  
  • Taretsu
    Taretsu Member Posts: 46
    Options

A 4 seconds transition would make him pretty strong. I humbly ask to at least allow Freddy to interrupt actions during transition. And yeah, autoaim not going for awak survs would also help A LOT.

I'd start testing those two and then see if anything else is needed. But anyway, I wouldn't refuse a base 4 secs transition! lol.

• DaRealxFactor
    DaRealxFactor Member Posts: 30
    Options
    Here's my idea for this topic..as a Freddy main as killer...I think maybe offering a very ultra rare add-on to possibly lock survivors into dream world after being brought into it after so many times (let's say 3). Very similar to the DRs treatment and madness state of mind (Snap out of it). Thing is....only another survivor can wake the sleeping survivor. With this add on, no other method would work to wake up survivor such as gens and missed self-care. There could be an addtional add on to add wake up time (similar to traps by trapper). This would possibly help w higher ranks, SWF, and seasoned survivors who tend to run circles around Freddy. 
  • SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options

The devs are already thinking about making Self Care skillchecks unable to wake up a Survivor and shortening his Dream Transition to 3 or 4 seconds. However, we may need to nerf some of Freddy's add-ons (Sheep Block, Cat Block, Unicorn Block, Z Block, and/or Red Paint Brush), unless we're fine with having a Freddy who instantly put Survivors to sleep.

Freddy's attacks shouldn't lock on to an awake Survivor. That's just stupid.

I was also thinking about allowing him to put multiple Survivors to sleep with his power to save him some time.

• MaxiferPriest
    Options

if the dream transition will be 3 or 4s the add-ons will be nerfed since with paintbrush and Z block u could get them in dreams in no time. but then those add ons will not be used as much and wouldn't be vital to play Freddy which is great.