Revealing Ghostface should have some consequences for him

Options
Orion
Orion Member Posts: 21,675

I think revealing Ghostface should have some drawback to him, other than losing his stealth and stalking. I was thinking something like slowing him for one second (say, the Shape's stalking speed at EW I), or the survivor who revealed him has their stalking meter decreased/depleted, or even both.

My reasoning here is that revealing Ghostface is nearly 100% detrimental to survivors, which shouldn't happen in a counter. Sure, he lost his stealth, but he also knows where the survivor who revealed him is and doesn't lose any momentum (literally and figuratively). IMO, there should be some active repercussions for getting revealed.

Comments

• arcnkd
    arcnkd Member Posts: 446
    Options

It's a trade-off - you turn on his terror radius and red stain for anyone he's chasing; in exchange, you risk him changing targets to you. It's better used from a vantage point where you can see him at a distance chasing someone, so you break him out of it to give them more awareness.

It doesn't need to slow him down or doing anything else because of how ridiculously easy it is to break his stealth.

Otherwise, if you give him a debuff - then change his breaking mechanic to require something like continuous line of sight on him that resets if that line of sight is broken - so you can't look at him a little here, little there, little more here and break him out; you have to see him constantly to break his stealth.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099
    Options

I would be fine with a slowdown, in exchange for some better recovery time, but having a survivors stalk meter depleted would be too much, since most good players 99 the survivors.

• ChantyBoi
    ChantyBoi Member Posts: 179
    Options

It does have a consequence... He loses his stealth and can't stalk anyone for at least 30 seconds...

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035
    Options

You should pretty much only reveal him if you have good distance on him, if he's stalking someone, or if he's trying to sneak up on someone doing gens/totems

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    edited October 2020
    Options

As others have said, it does have consequences for him.

Still, I hate the radial indicator GF gets when you're revealing him. God forbid you accidental swivel your camera across him while scanning. Now he knows where you are.

I would make it so he still gets killer instinct when revealed and he still gets an audio cue when getting revealed, but I'd remove the directional indicator.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

I hear you, but compare Ghostface to the Wraith. When you lightburn the Wraith (equivalent to revealing him), he suffers a short stun. This is actively advantageous to the survivor who burned him and actively detrimental to the Wraith - as it should be, since it's a counter.

With Ghostface, revealing him doesn't change your circumstances. Your stalk meter is still where he left it. You're still being chased. Hell, you can accidentally give away your location just by panning the camera, as @notstarboard said.

This is a counter, yet it gives multiple advantages to one being countered and negligible advantages to the player(s) who used the counter. That's backwards.

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811
    Options

In my opinion losing his only power is sufficient. He then suffers a hefty cooldown and has nothing to help him in chase so the information given by the revealing survivor can often times be meaningless.

On the other hand you make some good points.... so maybe reduce/reset the stalk meter of the Survivor that managed to reveal him? Idk I find it hard to figure out what would be fair in that case since GF isn´t exactly a great Killer to begin with.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

Is being a short, M1 killer not enough of a consequence?

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

It does have a consequence he loses his power, however I agree he should have a further drawback to offset the risk of revealing him.

You can spend a few seconds trying to get the camera to focus on GF, if at any point in this he walks past a tree or something you get nothing out of it and he gets your location. It’s that part I feel is unfair. The reveal mechanics are so wonky often its a huge risk trying to reveal him.

I think depleting your own personal stalk meter is a fair trade.

• Lily0
    Lily0 Member Posts: 128
    Options

He loses his power that has a 30s CD, that is enough lol. GF is already not a very good killer he doesnt need nerfs

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options

"... How ridiculously easy it is to break his stealth"

WAHAHAHA! Been bugged and broken as can be since his release. I don't understand why my options as a survivor are to let him stay in Night Shroud, and possibly expose me and others with no heartbeat; or simply begin to pull him out of it and reveal my location to him.

???

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737
    Options

He's already a laughable M1 killer with a useless power.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

It's frustrating for both sides.

Can't tell you how many times i got revealed behind walls,trees etc.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

Losing his power is already enough,because you extend the chase with him quite a bit and force him to wait for his stalk to come back and mark you,leave the chase and go for someone else or continue the chase as a simple M1 killer.

• Psychic1337
    Psychic1337 Member Posts: 29
    edited October 2020
    Options

Easy to break his stealth? Sure maybe sometimes but it's way too inconsistent. I've had multiple times where he will just be standing in the open stalking me, and I'll just stand there trying to reveal him and it will just keep starting the reveal then cuting off before it finishes, neither of us were moving. Ghost face can stalk you if he sees your pinky toe, yet for me a single blade of grass seems to be enough to stop the reveal.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    Options

much like many things in this game, revealing ghost face is a detriment for survivors who are playing outside of the meta (stealth, evasion, what have you) and a huge boon for survivors playing inside the meta.