The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Ghostface needs some work

board
board Member Posts: 11
edited October 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

A few things that could be nerfed or fix

• Moving while stalking
  • The revealed aspect
  • The insta down or the exposed affect. It needs to wear down faster
Post edited by board on

Comments

• Kumnut768
    Kumnut768 Member Posts: 789

uhhh, how?

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,897

Thanks for the feedback, it would be more helpful if you went into detail about what you think is too strong about the character and what ideas you have for a change.

• spirit72
    spirit72 Member Posts: 227

Yeah, I'm curious too? How? I hate playing against Ghostface, but I wouldn't say he's OP. Just requires a different approach as a Survivor than, say, The Trapper or Leatherface would.

• bubbabrotha
    bubbabrotha Member Posts: 1,138

??

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

I feel that he juices up and marks a Survivor way too fast compared to how long it lasts. I don't begrudge him having a different mechanic than my Mikey, but it is a bit speedy. Personally I would be happy with any of the following changes:

1. Stalk for him only works while he is not moving, or at least slows him down significantly.
    2. Stalk up to reach critical mass is a bit longer.
    3. It wears off much faster, pretty much his Insta-Down is really for that moment.

I'm not saying ALL of these Nerfs. Any of them might take the edge off without ruining him.

• selflessnea
    selflessnea Member Posts: 565

Honestly the revealed aspect of him just needs to be fixed. It's very iffy on if you are looking at him or being looked at and doesn't make sense on both ends.

Other then that they need to buff his crouch to break toxic survivors legs. Hehe

• Justalittlepeeck
    Justalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101

Get good

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

Lol

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,769
    edited October 2020

He's definitely not OP, but I would change him to make the reveal mechanic perfectly reciprocal. As in, the survivor can no longer reveal Ghost Face while they're behind an obstacle, which is currently annoying for Ghost Face, but they no longer need to see more than 20% of Ghost Face to reveal him and they can also reveal him up to 40m, which is currently annoying for survivor. I'd remove the driver's license add-on entirely. I'd also remove the radial indicator when a survivor is revealing him. As is, you can just be scanning around for the killer and accidentally start revealing him for a fraction of a second which lets him know pretty much exactly where you are. That's kind of trash imo. I'd keep the killer instinct if he's revealed and keep the audio cue so he knows when someone is revealing him. I'd also reduce the base cooldown on his power to maybe 20s instead of 30s but nerf his cooldown add-ons to compensate.

• RizeAki
    RizeAki Member Posts: 1,209

M1 killer op???

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

I really like this change, since it mostly buffs him, because of his long cooldown.

• selflessnea
    selflessnea Member Posts: 565

He already moves slow while stalking and most ghost face players dont try to stalk out in the open unless they have to. It is much more viable to lean stalk which requires no movement. So slowing his movement while stalking wouldn't really change much.

The exposed effect only lasts 45 sec (60 with both duration addons). While that does seem long realize that if you make it to a safe pallet/loop he is not likely to catch you in that time frame. If they decide to nerf that you would probably only see it drop to 40 sec. Anything less then that and his power would be almost worthless. Also don't forget non marked players can take a hit for you and basically deny him the exposed hit on you.

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416

All right I intended on coming back from my break later but this statement has miffed me so much I'm coming out early.

Ghost Face is in no way, shape, or form OP.

• Moving while stalking isn't nearly as effective as you think considering you get slowed so much.

•The revealed aspect is dumb and needs to be smoothed out I agree, I can chase someone for a solid minute and not get revealed or I get revealed behind a wall.

•If they lowered it I wouldn't care, most experienced Ghost Face players 99 it anyway.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,552

A killer without a mobility tool will never be OP

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

What's wrong with moving while stalking?

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,074

I think 99ing Survivors could be unfair, maybe make the stalk progress decrease like it was in the ptb?

I would buff his cooldown tho, 30 seconds is a lot of time, I would decrease it to 20 seconds and rework or nerf the power recovery addons.

• I_rely_on_spineChill
    I_rely_on_spineChill Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2020

As, you can tell from my username, he's not much of a problem to me

• TattooJake
    TattooJake Member Posts: 158

I agree. If he’s able to just stand in the open and stalk me I should be able to reveal him as well but it doesn’t work that way at all. The window to reveal is very finicky.