Message to meta build running survivors

Zagrid
Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000

If your games look like this. I'm gonna be 99 and round up with you. You should probably uninstall. Most issues that killers have with survivors can be pointed out in these three survivors.

Also I think it goes without saying but if you do see survivors play like this in your games. Show them that they reap what they sow.

But don't send hate to these specific ones, im sure they are definitely wonderful people at parties.

Comments

• UwUdestroyer
    UwUdestroyer Member Posts: 18

It be like that sometimes

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,428

@MusicNerd_TC

I play in red ranks, and yes sometimes it is.

Not to the level that he does though. You don’t have to always snowball to win. That is the point I am trying to make.

Slugging is a built-in mechanic and you can certainly abuse it if you want. That is not a secret.

• Retromind
    Retromind Member Posts: 156

These big brains always resort to logical fallacy of whataboutism. Just stop, it's not a valid argument and you make a fool out of yourself.

• Slickstyles
    Slickstyles Member Posts: 446

I should uninstall because I face boosted survivors running meta perks? These games are the easy ones. It's the sweaty squads running meta perks that I should worry about.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

Well if you play survivors who run second chances. Then that's the best way to play it slug early.

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

You better keep the same energy when you see killers with meta builds.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

"Don't send hate to these survivors" yeah, just make a general degrading statement to players who run strong builds on the forums because they're not playing the way you want them to. Boo hoo :( Hate the game, not the players.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Survivors running that build is kinda sad.

Though I did face 3 Iridescent Head Huntress's tonight within 4 games (I swear that's no joke!). 1 even brought an Ebony Mori and 1 brought us to Hawkins Lab. So both sides can be pretty scummy at times.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

At least the Devs said they'd get around to reworking her add-ons if I'd guess maybe when they do the graphics update for red forest they'll do her add-ons also.

• CashelP14

Yea eventually. Though I'd say we're a good 6 months away from that. Probably next mid-chapter will be a killer power change + add-ons.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

I think the Cheryl played really annoying (Jumping on a gen with DS knowing she was safe.) but the Meg wasn't on a generator when he ran into her and she had healed. So I wouldn't be as annoyed at her as I was the Cheryl. She just seems really bad at looping. Some people are bad at it. Three BNP's are a bit much too, but with Ruin and Undying, that can be undone very quickly.

Nothing wrong with running strong stuff. But people often abuse it, and that's when its annoying.

Yesterday I ran into what I'm guessing was a 3-man team. They all had DS/unbreakable, and one had Dead Hard AND a Styptic. Talk about having enough second chances... They left poor Bill (the only one without DS in that match) on his first hook. Jane was the second to last person I hooked, and sure enough as soon as she's rescued she's on a gen with DS and unbreakable. So I definitely made it my mission to make sure she didn't make it out alive. (She didn't). It's not that she had it, it's how she was able to use it.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

What some gamers. But hypocrisy in the message was astounding.

That's a good example of the power of (3) slowdown perks and an aura perk on a fast killer. The perks he called "second chance", the heavily nerfed insta-gen addons, and probable coordination still didn't stand a chance.

• ToxicMyers
    ToxicMyers Member Posts: 1,295

you do realize this was probably otz, arguably the best legion main

• ToxicMyers
    ToxicMyers Member Posts: 1,295

scratch that it was farmer who is also a very good player

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

Don't use the examples where the survivors throw the game for the first generator; it's not helping your cause.

That said, this particular video was definitely amusing to watch on stream. On top of this, he was literally running meta so complaining that survivors ran meta too is a moot argument in this context.

I don't run meta as survivor, because I want the game to be fun for all. But some sessions leave me wishing I was selfish enough to do so, because both sides are capable of making the other's time playing the game miserable.

As for soul guard, I actually love seeing that perk as killer; it adds variety and means they gave up a perk slot to combo with unbreakable (the majority of the time) so I don't really mind it. I do agree DS as it is does have issues, however again, I maybe get hit by 1 DS every 10 or so games, and yet I consistently 3-4k at rank 1. If I, a mediocre player, can do that, then good killers can adapt far better.

• SunderMun
  • Thatgurl_again
    Thatgurl_again Member Posts: 287

Same for killer. Its a two way street

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

I didn't watch the video but I can guess the match went like...

All four survivors spawned near a gen used BNP to get the first gen done then made mistakes to allow the killer to get them relying on their perks to bail them out

Right or wrong?

• CashelP14

I'm glad I got some luck after having to face that lol

• Lascivar
    Lascivar Member Posts: 41
    edited October 2020

I couldn't help but laugh at the start.. People running back to a generator ASAP even while injured and just throwing the game. That wasn't the killer being that skilled (He actually is rather good, but that situation was just the survivor having tunnel vision), it's survivors not understanding that they should heal instead of suiciding into a generator.

He made fun of them for playing awfully and playing as predictably as possible. He barely had to do any work for the game, the survivors just did the basic identical plays, eg. Hook one survivor, down another one. When you pick up that second survivor, someone is going to rush for that first hook. At this point you know 99% of the time a survivor is already heading to that hook, why ignore it? Just put your survivor down and take the free kill because it's predictable.

• SadLegion
    SadLegion Member Posts: 222

Comparing meta-build Legion with survivors meta-build is funny. Sure they lost, but only because they play too dumb. I dont even know what were they thinking, allowing Legion to down three people at start of the match. If this was at least a semi-decent team, at least trying to run away from the killer and maybe split up, instead of giving him free injuries, Legion would have been in trouble.

• evil_one_74
    evil_one_74 Member Posts: 312

Well said. Thing is, it's ok for killers to play that way, but if survivors run in and knock out gens, and leave the killer with nothing their world falls apart.

• Aquaticwave
    Aquaticwave Member Posts: 5

Nothing "forces survivors to DC" except being salty that they got downed, a teammate was being an ass, or maybe face camping. Even if I'm going against a killer that tunnels AND brings an Ebony Mori I'll still stay in the game, because getting a few thousand BP is better than a timeout AND 0 BP.

• AbsolutelyAmel
    AbsolutelyAmel Member Posts: 146

You can take all the meta perks you like. If you solo que as survivor and your team doesnt do anything you're still screwed. Had someone tell me 'With those perks you can carry yourself' Not if you unhook, heal, get chased 3 mins and then get one hooked all the while not one single gen pops :)))

and yes, that's like 9/10 games i have legit. There are good, wholesome ones. but only about 1/10 matches.

• Godot
    Godot Member Posts: 806

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I don't DC either, but those that do would rather save their time and move on to the next match.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

And yet killers rarely tunnel these days and DS is still meta. Funny that.

People don't run second chances because of mean nasty killers, they run them because they are strong. And there's nothing wrong with that, so long as people recognise what they are doing. The problem is the excuse of "it's all the other side's fault," which this thread seems to be drenched in, which creates the whole "it's your fault that I am immortal by jumping in a locker and you should be ashamed of yourself" situation.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Ironically I see less times where a DS could have gone off in lower ranks, where nobody runs it.

I also never stated that one side is purely at fault. While I do believe that multiple people, myself included and someone who plays both sides of the game, have been somewhat forced towards perks like DS in order to deal with legitimate tunnellers, it's the people who kept them and found more creative ways to use these perks that are now making problems for everyone else.

I've recognised that there are people who legitimately use these perks in order to screw over killers, and I've had people attempt it to me. I will never deny that. To help alleviate these problems, I've even written a guide on how I deal with these perks, but I got laughed at. Just because I'm not Otz, Tru3 or ScottJund doesn't mean that I can't actually be right on an issue.

The only thing that would have tilted my comment to the "X side started it all" would be the implication that killers tunnelled and forced DS, which they did. Tunnelling has been around since day one from what I've heard. The devs allow it, and we as a community don't stand united against them, so yes. Ultimately it is the fault of a few killers that things have spiralled out of control, or the devs to allow a "strategy" that is essentially griefing.

While I disagree with the idea of locker grabs forcing DS, if you're going after a survivor that you know has been unhooked recently, that is still on you as the killer, and I also sincerely doubt that someone can hook all four survivors, one after another, and still get hit by DS unless they're basically farming for it to happen.

One of the benefits of playing Pig is that I usually have a very clear indication on who to target next.

• SunderMun

Yeah it was hilarious and yep John is a great player and one of my all time favourite content creators for DBD alongside Otz and Ussylis.

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536

I don't get the issue. I'll be kind and put it mildly - they weren't very good at the game.

You would have made your point better if you showed an actual good team using these perks.

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246

I lost it when he said " They are 2nd chance the musical". 

😂

FarmerJohn is just such a nice streamer, maybe Wima comes close to him not sure.

• LeleLP
    LeleLP Member Posts: 153

Nah man it’s strictly only survivors who use toxic builds never killers.

• Jejune
    Jejune Member Posts: 795

I will stop running meta and being toxic once i stop seeing killers tunneling/camping/moring off hook at 5 gens. Since that will never happen i will never run normal stuff

• GhostMaceNotCrusty
    GhostMaceNotCrusty Member Posts: 716

Hold up, I didnt think soul guard was rly meta. It is too slow and I run it most games ans only get use 1/10 games (I run it cuz inside joke with my friends )

• Vampirox
    Vampirox Member Posts: 411

OP makes a post and doesn't say anything after LuL