Final Survivor and Hooking

There should be a mechanic that gives the last living survivor some buffs in the end if they have never been hooked the whole match. There were several times where I haven't been hooked the whole match and the killer knocks me down right before escaping. It should give you a chance to get off the hook and if you do, then there should be a minor invulnerability for a short time so that the killer can't just hook guard you while that happens. It just feels like you're punished severely for trying to be stealthy the whole match, only to be a one hit kill in the end.

Comments

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

Well yeah, you have 2 hooks in you! Why not use them while trying to help the team? You can allow your team to reset with those 2x60seconds.

• TheDeadlySpecter
    TheDeadlySpecter Member Posts: 8

Well yeah, but what if you do help your team and you're so good that you don't get hooked once, but then they all die?

• selflessnea
    selflessnea Member Posts: 565

Honestly survivors already get enough as it is if they are the last to live. Remember the exit gates used to only work if all 5 gens were complete and the hatch only spawned if 2 gens had been completed. If you keep finding yourself in the situation where you are last alive but haven't been hooked, then you need to asses how your playing and find some time where you should be taking chases instead. Of course that all depends on how the games going. Dont try to be a gan jockey the whole game either. Yeah there will be some games that it makes since for you to do this but not every game.

Also I hope you are not one of those survivors who unhooks then hides and lets the injured person be found.

• Milo
    edited October 2020

Well congrats then, but still you have 2 hooks which can also be used to help your team. They maybe would even help push it so it isn't a 1v1.

and you're so good that you don't get hooked once Do you mean, you're so good he leaves you while he's chasing you or so good that you never are found while being altruistic?

• Kalinikta
    Kalinikta Member Posts: 709

You act like being on your first hook while the rest of your team is dead indicates that you did well? You realize that you're part of a team? Maybe you should have helped out your team survive, maybe take a hook or two instead of letting the guy on death hook take the heat?

• Warcrafter4
    Warcrafter4 Member Posts: 2,917

While I agree with you there are exceptions:

Killers like Legion(Spreading damage/Hit and Run) or Oni(Instant down/Rampage killer) who like to spread out the damage and usually don't both pick up the first person they chase.

So I have had games against Legion/Oni where i did do most of the looping but just Feral Frenzy chained off of or get demon striked into the ground and slugged until picked up while he runs off to try to down the rest of my team.

That being said however it doesn't sound like either was the case for them in their games.

• Milo

Good point!

In those scenarios you cannot do more than just get downed for someone and hope he doesn't commit further.