The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Please stop justifying yourself.

2»

Comments

• turtlewhiskey
    turtlewhiskey Member Posts: 3

Ive been reading posts and stuff for a couple weeks and all i realize is that the root of the survivor/killer war is not the game state, its the players and how good and bad players make it into the lobby, things like that happen because its a ranked game. If your complaining about balance in a game where each side has their own things but you dont want to use it, then thats on you. Its a ranked game so skill differs, just be the bigger person and look at anything you did that you coudlve done better or look at how (this event) worked out favorable for you and try to do things to improve yourself rather than beat down others that got the better of you

• UMCorian
    UMCorian Member Posts: 531
    edited October 2020

Couldn't agree more. I run NOED on crap killers (or killers that I'm crap on) when I'm trying to unlock teachables or do a daily. No apologies. While I'm handing out free wins, I'm going to at least make the last 1-2 minutes interesting... and if someone's bad enough to get seen before the gates opened, then bad enough not to outplay me on a killer I'm garabage with... and everyone abandons them or fails to unhook him, well, they lose... and I hope he gives me some salt, because salt turns even a 1K into a win for me. :D

• PlayerLUE
    PlayerLUE Member Posts: 38

You do have the choice to not answer people questioning you at all.

It's this about how others react a certain way?

Cause freedom of choice should apply to them aswell.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    edited October 2020

It'a about how people constantly rely upon or fabricate reasons that shed them as nothing more than victims, then proceed to believe them, thus alienating their opponents, and refuse to face facts: It's good to win.

• mydogmax19
    mydogmax19 Member Posts: 266

Let me guess, you run said perks (ub,ds) and play said killers? And now you want to explain how you use these perks and killers cause you just want to and for no other reason whatsoever.

• PlayerLUE
    PlayerLUE Member Posts: 38

How you know you are not the one alienating others by your reasoning?

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187
  • azame
    azame Member Posts: 2,870

It is and saying it isnt would be a lie. Give me one game where people dont tbag.

• OllieHellhunter
    OllieHellhunter Member Posts: 703

Chess,Poker,LoL DotA,Starcraft,Among Us,Fall Guys,Any Total War game, Any Grand Strategy game, Rocket League, Red Orchestra 2, should I go on?

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    edited October 2020

Unsportsmanlike behavior is a choice; it is not built into the game. So are there defective creeps who T-Bag in DbD (as well as many other games)? Sure. But is it PART of the game itself by intent? No. So it would be more correct to say T-bagging is part of bad sports. In the same way, hacking and lag spikes to cheat are NOT part of the game, but people do these things too. That doesn't make them part of the game. Do you follow?

• azame

Ok ok that's fair enough but you cant tell me a lot of video games gave people tbag. Tbagging goes beyond just bm.

• azame

Did you call someone a "creep" for pressing the crouch button multiple times. Do me a favor and never play gears of war you will never last a day.

I can understand it gets under people's skin when in the moment but wll it is crouching. Tbagging is no where near cheating or hacking it isnt breaking rules all you are doing is taunting your opponent. Smash bros even has a built in taunt system.

Tbagging is a good way to throw your opponent off by making them do bad decisions.

• OllieHellhunter

I honestly dont understand what you were trying to say by that first sentence? and Yes it can go beyond bm by using it to get a psychological edge over your opponent, but it is still ultimately bm, if it wasnt it wouldnt have that effect.

• EntitledMyersMain
    EntitledMyersMain Member Posts: 832

Thank you for saying this.

• azame

Ok so if you admit is has a psychological effects what the problem? A character crouches multiple times in front of you. That really pushes your limits?

• OllieHellhunter

You asked for one game where people dont Tbag, I gave a few, when did I ever imply anything was pushing my limits.

• azame

So you think someone doing a repeated crouch means someone is gonna go commit a crime in real life. Look no offense but let's not have this conservation I dont want to type paragraphs over this.

• azame

Yes and I replied to that with that's fair. A good response.

• azame

To answer your question. It goes beyond jsut being unsportsmanlike behavior. It is technically a strategy to throw your opponents off. It also is just a video game crouching cant hurt you nor s hi ould it really bother you. Maybe in the moment cause you are angry but thats exactly what they are trying to do.

• Moundshroud
    edited October 2020

Heh. If you were to go back through my MANY, long-winded posts you would find me discussing the specific situation you are talking about. You are referring to trying to get people to chase you (I assume). I've stated before that attempts to distract a Killer from an injured Survivor or people working a Generator (or cleansing a Totem) have an actual game purpose. I tend to overlook that in the game. But let's you and I be honest, we are people of action and lies do not become us, this use of T-Bagging is the exception, not the rule. Most people T-bag to give their opponent the virtual finger.

There are lots of ways to get someone's attention in the game (more effective in fact) so that they will chase you. Defaulting to the T-bag is a choice with a clear, specific message. Unless I'm misunderstanding you and you are CHOOSING it because you just want to insult and anger your opponent, hoping that in this state they will make more mistakes over the course of the game. This is a type of psychological warfare, and is STILL bad sportsmanship. Can you do it? Sure. Does it make you a creep? Absolutely. It is your personal brand; take that to heart.

People T-bag frequently at the gate to gloat or simply to give the finger. It has no game purpose. Some people T-bag at pallets to celebrate hitting you with one or just to give you the finger. The list goes on and on. I can tell the difference between the rare exception which you seem to be trying to make your case on and the garden variety unsportsmanlike behavior. Does it upset me? No. Does it annoy me? It used to do so, now I just make a mental note of it and make that particular Survivor an educational opportunity. Quite often I will take to the hatch (or let escape) everyone BUT the T-Bagger. And if that is all I do, they got off lucky.

I don't like bad sportsmanship. I hate cheats. Does this mean I'm a Saint? No. All of us have a history and all of us lapse. I've engaged in the worst kind of bad sportsmanship over the years. I grew out of it, and I am embarrassed of the past behavior. I'm proud to say I never have been a cheat. I believe in playing HARD. The rules I follow are:

1. Don't cheat, either by hacks or lag spikes.
    2. Don't disconnect; if you start a game, finish it.
    3. Be humble in victory and gracious in defeat.

I lapsed just yesterday as I was trying out Calm Spirit to see if it lived up to the recent Hype. I went up against a Doctor in Mother's Dwelling and it was incredible not having to scream. In my enthusiasm, I blurted out how much Calm Spirit ROCKS against the Doc. It wasn't mean-spirited but in light of the game that just happened, it was rude. I apologized.

• Moundshroud
    edited October 2020

In fairness, I do NOT run those Killers nor those Perk combinations and my answer to you (had it been directed to me) would also have been, "What bearing does that have?" I think you are missing the entire point of the OP (or I am). You are looking for bias when bias, in this case, is TRULY irrelevant. The only relevant thing is what is legal and what is not. Nobody has to explain or justify themselves for making choices which the game provides as options. Players answer to one person, fiat (themselves). Your question to the OP and well as your response seem to infer that you think your judgement matters; it doesn't. You are insignificant in so far as my choices or those of anyone else. Do you follow? I'm not saying this to be mean. I'm saying because it is a fact. Here is something I watch to get perspective from time to time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Tm6Z1y3h94

Unlike the infinite universe, our game is finite with clear options and legal choices which are to be made by the Player and the player alone. What is off the table, is not there. We don't have to justify or defend ourselves because the reason we do anything is because we chose to do it and it is our valid right to do so. I don't take an oppressive, game-slowing Perk (as a Killer) because Survivors are running this or that combination. I'm not doing it because I think they are jerks, so I will be one in turn. I take an oppressive, game-slowing Perk because I WANT to take it. It is my RIGHT to take it, and because I believe it will help me get my job done.

So, I won't justify myself to anyone for making a legal choice. I won't apologize to anyone for using it, nor will I apologize for it if/when I curb-stomp you in the process. What I will do is say "good game" whether I won or lost, and wish you luck in your next match. I didn't like the question you asked of the OP, and I liked your response to the answer you got even less. They were passive aggressive, and snotty.

• mydogmax19
    mydogmax19 Member Posts: 266
    edited October 2020

Okay. I was aiming for passive aggression but dont ever call me snotty again. This wont be a name calling session so dont make it one.

• Moundshroud

Fair enough; Passive aggressive it is. You have my apology for the snotty part.

• MadLordJack

And your curiosity led you to completely ignore everything past the first paragraph. Otherwise you wouldn't have asked such a question. I do not, in fact, feel the need to justify anything I do to random strangers, and that's probably why I have such an easy time talking about nerfs and buffs. If I want to do something, I do it.

Create this narrative of me if you wish. I get strawmanned every other day, one more won't hurt.

• MadLordJack

It's something that is often directed as, and so can understandable be taken to be, and insult. When I flip someone off, all I'm doing is raising my middle or first two fingers. There's nothing inherently insulting about that. In fact, in NA, that second form of flipping someone off isn't even a thing. Do it here, however, and someone'll try to teach you in a very physical manner why it is considered impolite. Which in itself isn't okay behaviour, but it's still a thing that can happen.

• Alex_Splicer
    Alex_Splicer Member Posts: 122

You're the second person I've seen with a blocked picture so... I don't think I'm going to care about this too hard.

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826

What a great post!! This is a game, it's meant to be fun, and if you need an excuse to use perks then you're missing the point ;w; You don't owe players anything (but that doesn't be mean pls respect each other lol) and you can use perks and moris like you should! I only get mad when people force me into their perk powers (like body blocking me when they have ds or tbagging to use dead hard, just provoking in general on either side)

• MadLordJack

Thanks, this one had been brewing for a while before I made it. It just hurts to see people shaming each other, then doing exactly what they know their opponent hates and using their opponents actions to justify their own, and just feeding the endless cycle of eye-watering slapfights.

Which is a mental image that is not going away any time soon now.