DS should be a real anti tunneling perk

nursewannabe
nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075
edited October 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

Therefore, it should activate for the second unhook regardless of whether it's been already used for the first one

No more "you wish you had ds now huh?"

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,815

I would be very okay with this provided they make it an actual anti-tunneling perk. Like, the second the survivor starts cleansing a totem, doing a gen, opening a chest, unhooking a teammate, etc. DS deactivates. The second another survivor is hooked DS deactivates. The second the unhooked survivor is healed to full or heals a teammate to full, DS deactivates. I'd be curious about deactivating DS if the killer starts a chase with a different survivor when you're farther than 32m away, or something like that, but that might be a little too complicated...

At any rate, I'd also shorten the length of the timer, since up to 60 seconds of DS after every hook would be extremely powerful, even given how constraining it'd be with my changes. Something like a 45-second timer at tier 3 would make a lot of sense because it would line up with Pop, meaning the killer would have a visual indicator of the DS timer if they don't use their Pop.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    edited October 2020

I made the suggestion that DS activate once you come off the hook and REMAINS active until the Survivor interacts with his/her environment (heal, mend, be healed, be mended, repair, cleanse, etc). or until a different Survivor is put on a Hook. It would also deactivate automatically in the EGC. This would encourage the Killer to hook someone else to end your DS, and you to get away and end it to then do more productive things. This would make it anti-tunnel, and anti-tunnel alone. No timer is necessary. *In my suggestion I say it is usable again and again under these conditions and these conditions only.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

I'd be fine with the timer just freezing if chased/slugged if it meant making it so survivors couldnt just laugh in my face on gens/totems/healing/unhooks because they know they have DS.

I don't tunnel ever but still get hit by a DS that can lose me significant pressure or even the entire match on a regular basis.

• Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261

Funny.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793
    edited October 2020
  • brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

LOL. Imagine thinking you can "abuse" a perk by using it as intended.

And for the record, I don't use DS because I like perks I can benefit from the entire match. Nice try though, troll.

• TheRealSnoFlake
    TheRealSnoFlake Member Posts: 14

DS lasts so long, I've booked 2 other survivors before, then went to the previous one, and still got hit. If anything it needs a nerf to the toner and an extension to ask hooks.

• beached
    beached Member Posts: 303

This is god tier. I believe if a survivor is TRULY being tunneled, as in no other survivor has been hooked before them at 4 people left and the killer is just trying to get an easy kill by tunneling off hook it should allow for this. The main reason I agree is because the killer is there the entire match, able to accumulate blood points throughout. If a survivor is tunneled they get next to no bloodpoints as the chase isn't too long and they don't have time to cleanse totems, work on gens, or heal teammates. I play both sides and I honestly don't tunnel because I know how discouraging it can be to play match after match with minimal bloodpoints while a killer with BBQ just rakes in the blood dough.

• TheButcher
    TheButcher Member Posts: 871

Decisive Strike never was and never will be made as a "Anti-Tunneling Perk". It was even mentioned by the Dev's. All Decisive Strike was meant to do is extend a chase. Now it's being used as a Second Chance perk for "Anti-Tunneling", and practical invunerability when performing objectives. This is all why the Dev's are looking into NERFING the perk so it becomes closer to it's intended purpose - which is just to be a perk to extend a chase.

Next time you make a thread actually do your research.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,120

I think you should keep your DS if you miss it your first time. If console skill checks weren't so bad, I wouldn't be suggesting this at all. In fact, they might consider removing the skill check altogether, because why leave it to chance? Secondly, it shouldn't deactivate when you begin doing gens and stuff, but it should increase the speed at which the timer runs down. That's fair to me.

• rglarson13
    rglarson13 Member Posts: 205

DS is not anti-tunnel, and anyone who pretends it is is lying to themselves and others.

DS was, at it's inception, a get out of jail free card if you were losing. That's why the time is so long.

DS is now an aggressive tool for survivors to "attack" the killer. It's used to waste the killer's time, knowing that when they catch you there's the choice to instead just stun them and run away.

DS is a terrible perk. It's unbalanced and it allows survivors to continue pretending that getting downed multiple times in a row not only isn't their (or their team's) fault, but that the killer is bad for doing it.

What it should do instead is prevent being unhooked (have an aura and animation, so the other survivors know) and pause the entity progression during that time. Then, suddenly, it's impossible to tunnel because you can control whether you are unhooked too close to the killer.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

Off The Record should be the anti-tunnel perk.

Revamp DS in the spirit of Obsession perks!