Offline play

pseudechis
pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904
edited October 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

One of my favourite things about Star Wars Battlefront 2 is the amount of offline play options there are. Yeah it's against bots, but sometimes its far more enjoyable than the toxic online environment.

I really wish DBD had an offline single player play mode.

Now most of my experience with this game is positive, but every now and then there is a night that really highlights how negative this community can be. Friday seems to be that night this week.

The vitriol leveled at you win or lose has been rather bad this evening. Now it really doesn't bother me personally, but at the same time is does make me think man I wish this game had a mode where I could avoid all that if its prevelant on a particular night.

Do you think an offline mode against bots would ever be implemented and if so do you think it would work given the variable nature of DBD when it comes to player interaction?

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• undoredo
    undoredo Member Posts: 92

That could be good, but this game relies a lot on human judgement and predicting what the enemy is going to do. Good bots would be hard to implement.

I don't think they'd ever add it, but the concept of like sacrificing a bunch of like Easy bots seems fun. Maybe they could add like solo training buttons that allow you to spawn in items, heal instantly, etc. Just get the feel for a character/perk.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

It’s doable, probably won’t ever become a feature though.

Those bots would have to be pretty darn effective against an experienced killer or it could end up becoming a bust that forces disappointed players back into human lobbys.

Always wished Siege had single player.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

Siege has single player, terrorist hunt and situations.

• Xyvielia

DBD needs a in-depth story mode similar to Until Dawn and Mortal Kombat’s story mode feature, only like a ongoing TV miniseries that gamers can binge play through each character’s arc.

Would take years to create effectively, but would be SO worth it for everyone.

• Xyvielia

Yeah, although it ends abruptly leaving me wanting 50 or more solo missions to complete all in the comfort of my own pace and style of play.

• BugsGalore
    BugsGalore Member Posts: 57

They have practice mode on mobile, but I doubt that BHVR would actually bring it to console. I installed DBD mobile out earlier today, and while the AI tend to get stuck on random geometry, they're decent enough to get good practice out of.

• pseudechis
    edited October 2020

Its not really about them being easy but given the complexity of mindgames etc when it comes to player interaction, the bots would probably be an easier kill. Its not like you can't bottleneck a corridore in SWBF and just kill each bot as they try to run through. I get the feeling it would be easy to predict bots in DBD, so it would get dull eventually.

Also playing an offline solo survivor game would likely be really dull unless the killer was programmed to preference you over the survivor bots.

Even so if it was a bit of a crummy evening interaction wise I could get my fix against a few bots and call it a night. I don't think it would ever replace the online game it would be a nice alternative to indulge in.

Some kind of solo play campaign would be interesting. Its a huge investment to write and plot out a workable story though, I'd settle for purely a custom game using bots kind of scenario.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

It's monkey paw time.

Wish granted, but the survivor bots are incredibly toxic swf style teabag clickers every game playing optimally.

• pseudechis

lol, maybe that's how you prevent it from dragging players away from the online game, yeah there are bots but they are more obnoxious than the players.

• impostor2277
    impostor2277 Member Posts: 5

its ok if they'd be stupid ,still better than nothing if f13 can have it why not dbd, imagine doing coop survivor vs killer bot , its gonna be fun and even scarier