My thoughts why BHVR should bring the "engine starting sounds" back

Adirom175
Adirom175 Member Posts: 26
edited October 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

Hey everyone!

After BHVR started to update some of the older maps so the game looks more up to date, they updated the visual look and animations of the generators as well.

Short after they did it, they added new repair sounds as well. Im not sure if this was for gameplay, or just so it sounds better/more realistic if youre working on a gen.

The first expression was apparently mostly negative, which i can agree, because I was suprised and annoyed of the new engine sounds as well.

Now after some games as killer and survivor, I noticed how those new engine sounds had a big inpact on gameplay. Those new sounds were so loud and clear, that the killers could hear much clearer, if someone is working on the gen right now or not.

Those new sounds were so loud as well, that it was much harder to hear the terrorradius and the approach of stealth killers, which has a really good suprise effect for a horror game, which i like a LOT!

Summarized -> A really good buff for killers, more of a horror game feeling, because you dont know whats coming!

I think the reason why people didnt like the new sounds was, because it was more annoying to repair generators.

So what I think BHVR should do is, bring the engine sounds back, but change the sounds with something else, something less annoying, tweak the noise, work a little bit with the volume, and bam, really good experience for both sides!

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Adirom175
    Adirom175 Member Posts: 26

I know, this is why I said they should put in a new sound, so it is less annoying.

Keep in mind this feature came out of nowhere, so BHVR didnt really put much effort into this. This can be done much much better.

Oh, btw for the current sounds, imo they are too quiet. This is why i came up with this idea

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

I believe it should be the sound of an engine slowly struggling to turn over, as in with a weak battery, and slowly building up.