Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Time to nerf Object of Obsession

Wesker
Wesker Member Posts: 339
edited October 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

I'm making a list of the killers who are literally being killed by this perk (if used from guys with some brain cells)

-Freddy: in dream world you have no terror radious so this perk works as a mindgame sniper while running tiles;

-Deathslinger: his stealth factor is cancelled by the perk, couple if the map is too big and... Well prepare vaseline;

-Hag: Object let you know where she's placing traps, so taking profit from them become insanely hard;

-Michael Myers (Evil Within II + Monitor&Abuse): forget your peek-a-boo strategy with EWII left at 99%;

-Monitor&Abuse users are generally ######### up against those who run Object.

The point is, what this perk does to these killers? 1. Gives massive informations of where you are and what you are doing, it completely SHUT DOWN Hag, Deathslinger, and Michael becouse of their lower TR and their playstyles involving around being sneaky: place traps in hidden spots/aiming gens from a certain distance/Come out from a corner with level III ready to pop. Object completely SHUT DOWN Freddy, who has no TR in Dream World, so this perk reads his aura everytime no matter how much he's close: this means that mindgaming loops is close to be.. Impossible. And everyone knows, despite Freddy has a solid arsenal after the buff, he's M1, so he relies a lot on the basic mindgames of M1 killers during chases. And at the end, it makes Monitor&Abuse less confusing for survivor. Simple: this perk shouldn't affect Terror Radious. *derpface*

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

I wouldn't go so far as you have, i.e. to say that it has destroyed these Killers. There is an issue with OoO but it has more to do with SWF than it does with the Perk itself. The Perk has been around a good LONG while and it has only become a problem as the SWF factor has increased. I think if the SWF was dealt with, by putting them in their own Que complete with some balancing agents specific to their Que, OoO would be fine. Until that happens, OoO does need another look because there are some Teams abusing the crap out of it. :)

My best advice is to tunnel the OoO user out of the game. Don't feel bad about it; don't hesitate. Just kill them quick. I play a lot of Spooky Myers so I'm more or less unaffected by the Perk. It actually helps me more than them. The Hag should take Hex: The Third Seal and go for the OoO immediately and injure them. As long as the Hex stays up, you have shut down OoO. The Hex is really underrated. Just make sure you hit everyone early and you shut down Kindred and so many other info Perks the Survivors use that there is general confusion. Kindred, for example, has become a staple and without it the Survivors really have to work (or the SWF have to talk their friends in) to locate the people you slug. First time it happened to me I was dumbfounded.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

The Third Seal!!!

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

Third seal is an awful perk, and having to use a perk to counter another perk isn't a fair counter, because matches don't have a pre determined outcome.

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811
    edited October 2020

You forgot Trapper, he suffers just as much if not more than the ones you listed.

And yes, it should have been nerfed to oblivion yesteryear. It´s time the DEVs stop turning a blind eye to this sickening balance issue.

**** Object man, it´s the strongest thing in DBD hands down if used by SWF that aren´t complete potatos.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

I see people running OOO and spine chill...

• TheClownIsKing

It’s not awful. It’s a tool that can be used against a survivor strategy that’s clearly bothersome to many. If OoO is really such a problem, and the perk pops up regularly, blind them.

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985

Never going to happen since its a popular SWF perk. It'd make survivors upset and upset players are not as inclined to buy macrotransactions.

• Milanceee
    Milanceee Member Posts: 161
  • iZombie
    iZombie Member Posts: 231

I’ve never gone against a full SWF using it, but I’ve gone against a 4-man with one player using it. It definitely alters the way I have to play, but I normally just tunnel / slug the OoO guy out of the match.

9/10 the whole team will throw the game trying to save each other. This has also been with me playing as Michael with M&A. You have to be REALLY good to be able to loop the killer all game with OoO and I’ve just not faced anybody who has been able to do that yet.

I do agree that it needs changing though, as I can only imagine how annoying it would be to face 4 people using it. They either need to completely rework the perk or make it like the old DS, where only 1 survivor gets to use it in a trial and the other players who have it in their loadout get a weaker version of it without the aura reading ability.

• Why_so_serious_
    Why_so_serious_ Member Posts: 2

Then the team (or just him if he's alone ) will focus on clean the totem . It'll be destroyed likely in about 1-2 minute. Then you'll be hopeless and withouth a possible perk. You can camp the totem but then you'll be genrushed. It seems you don't have many alternatives but chasing him to death. Now imagine you are a hag.The Ooo player can also fake you the running direction. Good luck with the chase.

I think no one mentioned but it's a huge problem for wraith too. All his stealth (which is the only thing he has) just gone.

Ooo should have never existed though. But let's accept it won't be removed. Then the player carrying ooo perk should be affected by a slow vault and speed effect , let's say a 10-15% so there 's a fair exchange: you risk your self but you gain incredible important information. In addition it would be balanced to have a cooldown.

• TheClownIsKing

Wraith?!

His aura is hidden while cloaked (Undetectable). And to avoid the OoO user having their perk light up, you deal with that the same way as Spine Chill: approach gens and survivors at an angle.

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811

Neat, I bet this works very well against Object players that don´t actually look out for the Killer. Sry, this just doesn´t cut it against seasoned players.

• vanhoya
    vanhoya Member Posts: 57

There we have it from a solo survivor. Thank you for you input.

As a roughly 100 hour rank 3-5 Myers, i find this perk destroys by game most of the time. chasing the OoO completely wipes out gen pressure and when I am not chasing OoO, they are calling out intel, so i go to a gen to find it abandoned with no scratch marks.

This perk creates a huge advantage for SWF on comms.

• TheClownIsKing

That’s a Wraith problem, not an OoO problem though. OoO isn’t going to handicap Wraith anymore than Wraiths existing handicaps.

• Generic
    Generic Member Posts: 48

Object is a super sweaty perk. And I hate it.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

The perk needs a rework that would nerf the perk while also making it useful for even solo's. here's my idea for it.

OoO: when you look in the direction of the killer you see their aura if they are outside of 24 meters and are within 48 meters for 3/4/5 seconds. OoO has a cooldown of 10 seconds, during the cooldown the killer can see your aura outside of 24 meters. If you are not the obsession OoO has a cooldown of 30/25/20 seconds, OoO does not activate if the killer is undetectable.

OoO becomes disabled if you are on a hook or in the dying state.

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

you have obviously never faced a sweat squad with a OoO user. they are not beatable even with noed unless they mess up big time.