How about we refine the D/C system before its enabled?

Hey! I've got an idea, how about we fix the automated process so that game crashes. Oh I don't know maybe don't result in a six hour matchmaking ban when the enabling the D/C penalty causes games to legitimately crash more. That would be great thanks.

Comments

• TheRealSnoFlake
    TheRealSnoFlake Member Posts: 14

you don't get a 6 hour ban after your first DC.

Something about you or your DC habits caused that.

• Manky
    Manky Member Posts: 192

6 hours isnt really something ive ever seen, but I agree it needs a rework. Personally, whenever someone in my house uses the microwave my wifi would temporarily cut out for a few seconds, just enough for me to get kicked from a game of dead by daylight. This made it almost impossible to play for long sittings as I would just go crazy, but at least I could jump back into a game. Now, not only do I get kicked from the game, I get another 5 minute cooldown and lose not one but two pips. Idk why the game decides that because my wifi went down that I deserve to lose 2 pips but here we are. I just want a system to be able to distinguish between someone pressing the leave game button and someone losing connection. Surely that isnt too hard to do. I know some people may argue that really angry people will unplug their internet to DC with no penalty but lets be honest, if someone is dedicated enough to unplug their ethernet to DC rather than just angrily pressing "leave game" then they probably were having a really ######### time and dont need it any worse lmao. Perhaps if they consistantly and consecutively disconnect because of their wifi then give a 5 min cooldown but the current system just makes me mad. Im not doing anything wrong why am I being punished?

• VDubb
    VDubb Member Posts: 23
    edited October 2020

You provided a reason. You act like unplugging the Ethernet from the back of the PC is a daunting task when it’s a simple action of a couple seconds. If they are having a bad time (and this is relative ASF to what constitutes a “bad time”), they can just kill themselves on the hook.

You believe it isn’t your fault, but it is and it’s selfish of you not to even realize it. You know you have a poor WiFi setup. If you choose to play in those conditions, you need to understand what you’re risking to do so. Why should your teammates constantly suffer because of disconnects due to your poor setup? Either run an Ethernet cable to the router or ask your roommates to not use the microwave until you’re finished with your game.