The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Dwightcrow exclusivity is BS

FloridaBoatGod
FloridaBoatGod Member Posts: 3
edited October 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

Honestly, why is this a thing? Nobody asked for stupid ass random limited use codes. It's literally just random chance and prayers. Limited random exclusives, those are fun right? Suuuper fun. It's such complete bullshit. Literally a whole 0 people like this approach, why even do this #########? Why not just give us the codes, because y'know, it's supposed to be an actual ######### event? But BHVR seem to have forgotten, because it's pretty much just a battle pass promotion mechanism. Remember when you could actually earn outfits and cosmetics from events? Now you can't even get charms without some bullshit unfair catch. What the ######### BHVR.

Comments

• hangm_nn
    hangm_nn Member Posts: 43

I wrote a seperate post on the Dwightcrow, and how unfair it was, and BHVR had the audacity to delete the post.

Applause

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

takes away exclusives and gives them to all players for free because it was exclusive

gives away exclusives that are code locked and are so limited less then 1% of players will have them.

• hangm_nn

I honestly don't know why and I don't like the thought of this; this might be the new legacy, in a way. Only %00.1 of the community would have it and BHVR would have no excuse, like with legacy to say 'It was truly something that rewarded players for their work' or 'Only sign of 2016 beta players who put a lot of time into the game'

So eventually I'm guessing it should be free.

If not, BHVR is just slacking lately

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,136

The irony is that people can either play the game or they can try to get the charm. They can't do both. I've tried, and it's always given out while I'm mid-match because I can't control how the matches go.

The charm is limited time, while the game can still be played after the event is over. So... this seems like a really bad decision on BHVR's part.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

Bhvr: "We see Dead by Daylight as an inclusive game and we’re always looking to improve the way we reflect those values in our game."

Also Bhvr: here guys, here's this super exclusive code-locked limited charm that you have to fight thousands of other stream viewers in typing race in order to get. We always keep your fun in mind!

• hangm_nn

Couldn't agree more. Behaviour is on a pretty bad streak at the moment if you think about it. Hitboxes that were fixed in april when vaulting returned, PS4 is really crappy at the moment and this code! Amazing month!

• OBX
    OBX Member Posts: 854

And btw, you console gamers...... good luck getting this code put in at 4 words per minute while pc players have a keyboard.

• GuySmiley
    GuySmiley Member Posts: 33

Who cares? I have no idea what you're talking about and life seems just fine to me.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

it is bs they said no more exclusives it don't matter if it a skin or a charm it still a exclusives this the worse kind of exclusives.

it play the game miss out or don't play get it or if your on ps4 or x box still miss out.

• elasticheart
    elasticheart Member Posts: 146

I've tried to get it too many times, even streamers respect console players and remove the last letter so that they can type it in manually, it's literally impossible to get it. Thank you BHVR!

• Falkner09
    Falkner09 Member Posts: 373

Just gonna point out that it's implementation makes it impossible to get on console.

• Lemont4rt
    Lemont4rt Member Posts: 10

It should just be a login bonus or it to have drops on twitch to get it

• DerpyPlayz
    DerpyPlayz Member Posts: 583

Yep, thats why I won't be supporting this practice and I hope you guys don't either.

• Lemont4rt
    Lemont4rt Member Posts: 10

Even if they don’t show the whole thing ten redemptions is way too little for a 32 digit code I tried way to many times on console today and it was impossible to get one

• NeanderChaos
    NeanderChaos Member Posts: 29

I've pretty much been watching DBD creator content daily since I started playing several months ago. The code system which is being used for the DwightCrow is disgusting. I'm personally boycotting watching any DBD creator content until this event is over with. Shame on you BHVR.

• Per_Fections
    Per_Fections Member Posts: 2

Yeah that's very true. I feel like bhvr is really letting everyone down with this event. I feel like if they wonna have console players have a chance they should give content creators console exclusive codes. I was one of the very few and very lucky console players to get dwightcrow but honestly I really think it wasn't worth the 8 hours watching twitch streamers periodically release codes and 99% of the time at least 5 people got the code because they can guess the last few digits and enter them in because their on PC. Overall yes this event is one big joke and I have to agree why did bhvr release this dumb exclusive charm that no one asked for. Their letting everyone down

• Herpington
    Herpington Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2020

I don't understand why it's only 10 uses per code, some of these streamers have over 1k maybe even 2k viewers at a time because of these drops and 10 uses is anywhere in between 0.01 and 0.005% of the viewer base. If they wanted us to support the streamers without complaining they should have made it anywhere between 50 and 200 uses per code OR made it into twitch drops like don't starve together or sea of thieves do. I really want to be on the dev's side for this but they're not helping themselves.

Edit: I managed to get one but it was really cheesy, I was on low latency mode watching someone from my country with a low viewer count and in 160p. This shouldn't be a requirement to obtain a cosmetic.

Post edited by Herpington on
  • RoboticAngel
    RoboticAngel Member Posts: 2

I'm totally fine with it, sooner or later you'll get one and if not it's only a charm. i've got mine after watching streamers for 10 minutes.

• hangm_nn

The thing that personally disgusts me is that events, were claimed, to be one of the best times of the year in DBD. And I only got this game in March, but I enjoyed the anniversary event but I thought it was too easy to get the crown on the character you main then it's over. I was looking forward to the Halloween event but it's not great. At all. I'll divide this to three segments

1- Cosemetics

They completely removed the aspect of the Serum, WHICH I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO, for the outifts. I play Feng Min // Plague and since I didn't play the game last year, I missed out on Plague's cosmetic but I was stoked when I heard Feng was getting something. The outfit isn't even that good. The headpiece is almost as bad as the uncommon green ponytail for her that was in the rift. They then kind of, not well, made up for the horrible outfit by making it 9,000 iridescent shards per outfit. I do feel bad for the people who spent 1080 AC or 21,600 IS then to realize that it's so, so much cheaper but here is what gets me mad.

Last month, or a month before that I asked my friend who to get next. I told them what killers I didn't have and they said that I should get the Doctor. I think I temporarily "veto'd" that because I bought Yui, then Legion with IS. If something could be bought with IS, I'd gladly grind for that then to pay AC. I was thinking that maybe I could not only get Feng's outfit with the serum, but get Doctor.

Then serum vanished from existence so I have to use my hard earned IS for the discounted outfit, because sooner or later I will save up for that. But they kind of, kind of, made up for that issue with the login rewards.

2-Event Items

Can I just say that I approximately at this point put 1.6M BP into Feng Min, and so far I only have 25 Pustula Petals, 31 Serum for Medkit, 23 Broken Bulbs, and 11 Lunchboxes and 13 Will o wisps. I like to collect. For the anniversary I saved up 100 event cakes to be hung proudly with my offerings, never have ever using one before. This happened with the anniversary update too where I don't find too many items in the bloodweb, but it's simply annoying because I want to save up BP for the Doctor that I don't yet have.

3- Dwightcrow / "no exclusives" -BHVR

Whoever thought of the limited uses should have their position rethought. I know that they'll take this comment down but so be it. They are trying a little too hard to promote their fog whisperer's in a dog eat dog competition to get a decent looking charm. When I saw the post on the News channel in game, I looked at the image and without any information I concluded Dwightcrow visually looked the best. And here are two aspects to think of;

-Play the game for the majority of the day: miss out on the codes

-Lurk in the redeem code section in hopes of finding a code and maybe, just maybe, get a code.

This event just sucks. It's not too fun to play anymore. I wish regular DBD would come back at this point.