Is Something Wrong With Matchmaking?

Options

A few weeks ago I started noticing that the ranks in my games were a little off, so I started taking screen caps of them. These are as many that I could remember to take pictures off, I tried to get as many games as possible, and not just the ones with botched match making.

Some of the ranks here can be explained by swf or queue times, but for the most part I never waited more than 5 minutes for a game a survivor, and only faced a handful of survive with friends. I've been pretty consistently getting rainbow ranks for the past three weeks now, even before rank reset. People in my chat have also been complaining about this issue, it's not just me.

Sorry if these pictures are a little overwhelming to look at, I didn't want to put too much effort into making them....

I stream 5 days a week on twitch! I play killer and survivor and am an LGBT+ streamer! Come say hiiiii~! https://www.twitch.tv/sen_holo

Comments

• OBX
    OBX Member Posts: 854
    Options

The better question to ask is: has matchmaking ever been correct

• Rybe
    Rybe Member Posts: 44
    Options

i'm quite new so I can't compare with years (or even months) past, but i've noticed when I'm a purple survivor, i'm up against red killers, and when I'm a yellow (recently green? somehow?? I'm so bad though???) newbie killer I get crap like this ^

It's hard to enjoy/learn killer when every other match you have a squad of red ranks swarming around you like gnats and constantly tbagging because they know you're not experienced enough to deal with it.

this match making is awful. How does something like this even happen? Letalone happen REGULARLY

Here's how fixing match making would turn a profit: I'm definitly not buying any more killers until I can actually start enjoying fair (or at least fair ISH) matches on them on a more regular basis...At least in unfair matches as survivor i'm usually playing with friends. As killer it's just tedious and obnoxious.

• senholo
    senholo Member Posts: 25
    edited October 2020
    Options

It's really unfortunate honestly, I feel bad when I'm going against people I can tell aren't my rank. I'm red ranks on both sides, and I can tell when survivors are babies, or when the killer is a baby; it just doesn't feel good.

Right now it feels like when they implimented MMR, but not as severe. Like, it feels similar, just not as bad as it was last time. Idk if matchmaking is just this bad or if they did something to it and didn't tell anybody; it's not USUALLY this bad, it feels like something changed

Sorry you've been having bad games, hope they get better soon <3