Dc timer

I lost connection multiple times and my wifi also drop so why do we not take off the timer again for the people having internet problems so we dont get band for two days

Comments

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

Because you are being inconsiderate in insisting on playing when you KNOW your internet is unstable. Sort out your problems and then come back. Every game you disconnect from is messing up the experience for FOUR other people. Fix your internet, or find a game that is less demanding of the resources you have.

• Cokeign
    Cokeign Member Posts: 15

Honestly, that’s not the best solution! You’re excluding a huge portion of DBD consumers who make up their target market... many users are college students, or individuals that live in apartment complexes. These people have no control of their internet and some places even BAN the use of private internet set-ups on their property. To simply say “get over it” or “pay for better WiFi” is not helpful and somewhat elitist.

If there’s not a fix for identifying the “network loss” and “intentional dc”, then there shouldn’t be such harsh penalties. I think keeping the 5-min DC is fine, but nothing more - especially with the refresh rate of these DCs counting over DAYS (can dc three times in two days and be pushed into 30min ban). There’s always the idea of NOT ALLOWING anyone to leave game within the first 5 or 10 minutes - perhaps graying out the leave option? THATS a solution to stop players from screwing over their teammates. The current dc timer doesn’t address that very well and instead hurts many of their players.

Anyone agree?

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

No, of course not. You are saying that OTHER people should just have to be inconvenienced because you have bad internet.