Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why does Detective Tapp and a few other Survivors/KIllers never receive any cosmetics

Hello Community!

Lately i have caught myself wondering wether or not i should buy cosmetics for Tapp. So far he's my only P3 Surv and the only one to have every perk i unlocked so far on lvl 3

So ofc I was aware that he has only 1 or two outfits to choose from (not counting the prestige outfit), but i never found out why. Is is because of copyright issues or what? I am honestly not fond of the idea of buying cosmetics via auric cells, because i want to "work" for what i get (and partially because i don't really like the items he has gotten so far)

To wrap up my Question:

Why does he still only have 1-2 outfits and will he be receiving any in the (near) future - preferrably for Irid. Shards?

I think i might of chosen the wrong category aswell so if i can adjust that, just let me know, ty

Comments

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060
    edited October 2020

Anyone that is from a movie or franchise got a much more difficult time to get cosmetics cause of legal rights, contracts and so on. I assume whoever owns the rights to Ghostface dig dead by day light consider they let him have a lot of cosmetics.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,179

Tapp, Laurie, Bill, Quentin, Cheryl, Steve, Nancy, Myers, Freddy, Bubba, Pig, Ghost Face and Executioner are all licensed characters. They need special approval from the license holders. This is why there are none or only few cosmetics for these characters. And also the reason why they cost Auric Cells.

• Weaslbee
    Weaslbee Member Posts: 19

Okay thanks for the quick responses.

I still don't really get why you would allow your character to be implemented in a game like dbd but then deny the creation/release of cosmetics for them.

Doesn't this actually help push the franchise to be more known?

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

licenses and legality.

Characters often have iconic images from the franchise, and the copyright holders often don't want to have newcomers to the franchise to look at someone like Detective Tapp in DbD, decide they like DbD's version of the skin without knowing the original (or knowing the original), watch the film/source, and then criticize the film's/source's bad character design and aesthetics.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

np; I do wish there were some more cosmetics (not necessarily so radically different, however) for licensed characters, haha.