Why does pig have such a high kill rate?

Options
2ยป

Comments

• jisp3r
    jisp3r Member Posts: 317
    Options

Gen stalling

• Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171
    edited October 2020
    Options

Probably cuz both sides dont care as much while having pig. Ppl Boop the snoot against pig and let themselves die. And sometimes u just want to see your own head pop cuz it's a little rare. I think the opposite happens for a lot of dislikeed killers though. Ppl give up or are already tilted against them, while the killers become more confident and try hard.

• shakala
    shakala Member Posts: 30
    Options

Use pig. Attach trap. Chase that survivor. Crouch /look away occasionally to lose chase for the trap timer to run but still tailing said survivor. Get kills.

That's my experience with pig.

• Eorpwald
    Eorpwald Member Posts: 46
    Options

Cause she's a boss duh

• itsaconehead
    itsaconehead Member Posts: 236
    Options

I think so, but also in the movies there's a growl during scenes where you see the pig kidnapping victims.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,870
    Options

I wouldnt say pig is mechanically easier, I think she's one of the harder killers to use to gain hits. Best you got is her undetectability, but even that is far from good compared to other killers with undetectability because she gives away she's uncrouching decades before she can actually hit you. Besides, mechanically seen, nurse is also much easier. Its literally just hold m2 longer to go further.

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601
    edited October 2020
    Options

Context for statistics only matters in the case of Nurse apparently, so we'll never know from the devs POV.

Generally speaking, people often play what is strong, or what they're best at, or what they do the best with. Since no one really picks Pig, that means anyone who does in large capacity will do well with her, especially when you consider people don't often own Pig because her perks aren't great and nor is she.

The one thing you should understand about a lot of statistics is there are a ton of variables in play. If you look at a statistic, and look at the KR number, and you think about nothing else and that is where you base your opinion, then you're really ignorant. So, good on you for asking a legitimate question, sir.

To me, the majority of killers in lower KR/Mid KR in red ranks compared to the ones at the highest KR, bar Freddy and Spirit, are actually surprising. I think that speaks volumes towards how these devs balance the game and my own personal experiences on being R1 for 3 1/2 years. If you told me, statistically speaking, Doc is S Tier, Nurse is F tier, and Hag is mid tier, I'd question your sanity.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    edited October 2020
    Options

At red ranks, not very many. Forcing trap kills and using Ambush more than an extremely rare mindgame or opening hit hurts Pig far, far and away more than it helps.

Pig shines in being versatile with perks. You can just eat pallets, you can run all hexes, you can run a standard stalling build--they're all equally as effective. Hexes are potentially very good with her, since survivors will usually need to prioritize traps over dealing with them.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    Options

You absolute monster! Us snoot boopers just wanna be wholesome uwu

• shane32
    shane32 Member Posts: 383
    Options

Im a pig main and i think she is the best killer. The traps help so much. Im a red rank with her and i usually get a 3-4 k with her. I use double gears and slows the game down so much. I dont shoot for head pops but i usually manage one.

• shane32
    Options

Im a pig main and i do not camp or tunnel. I do not camp boxes. I look at the traps as giving me breathing room. I dont gotta worry about that guy for a little and i can go look for sombody else. Pig is awsome...i also dont usually play stealthy with her.

• shane32
    Options

Im a pig main at red ranks and what i do is use my traps for some breathing room and i am rarely stealthy with her. I use double gears to buy myself time.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

I like running 6 boxes for the hilarity, but if you're trying to actually kill someone, using Tampered Timer with Crate of Gears if the best bet. You also have to be willing to play super scummy, by running survivors off of particular boxes, or carrying and hooking them far from it, repeatedly.

All of this assumes that the timer is activated, though.

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826
    Options

You get people in a reverse trap when the last gen is getting repaired, open the gate, and if they just try and leave their head, y'know, does the thing that kills you. It's happened a lot to me, but I don't die without booping the snoot AT LEAST once >:)

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

BHVR mentioned this in their stream. Pig's kill rate is 62.09% across all ranks and 73.11% at red ranks.

• jona2180
    jona2180 Member Posts: 2
    Options

TaKe AWaY hEr bEaR tRaPs

• DGVShadow
    DGVShadow Member Posts: 1
    Options

Also if i remember correctly the stats they showed during the recent Q&A stream they said are stats only from the day the blight was added in up until the day of the stream. They arent stats starting from day one

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528
    Options

Because she has everything. Anti-loop? Check. Slowdown? Check. Adorable? Check.

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    Options

Docs more of a noob stomper than anything. You can make literal infinites if he's bad, and if hes good you can just genrush to get out.

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    Options

Slinger isnt op, hes just not fun. People want him to be more fun in a chase, since currently he has no counterplay. And he doesn't really need a nerf, just a rework. Like maybe remove quickscope but make him 115.

• HittingOnHook
    HittingOnHook Member Posts: 486
    Options

facecamping works Bubba boyz

• UnbeatableAsh
    UnbeatableAsh Member Posts: 101
    Options

I'm surprised more at Myers' kill rate. He's not exactly very strong nowadays, and he's pretty irrelevant due to ghostface being him but better in most ways.

• DaFireSquirtle
    DaFireSquirtle Member Posts: 188
    Options

Boop the snout?

I honestly don't know. I just really hope they don't ignore changing pig cuz of this. She really isn't any good.

In most situations anyway.

• ZaKzan
    ZaKzan Member Posts: 544
    Options

because these stats are absolutely meaningless, and the devs have just inadvertently gave the playerbase an insight as to why this game is so poorly balanced.

• Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073
    Options

2 out of her 3 perks are pretty decent, especially when you combo them with other perks so there's that increasing her usage.

Also people when facing Pig do so with a bit of false confidence. I mean IT'S PIG! She's on the bottom of EVERYONE'S tier list, right? How powerful could she be?

So because of that mentality, people tend to forget that they have an exploding mechanism on their heads that'll kill them if they don't take it off. They'll work on a generator, let themselves get healed back up to full, maybe even pull off a rescue or two. All the while that timer is ticking down. Then they realize they done ######### up, sprint to the nearest Jigsaw Box, and have their head explode whilst I just stare in bewilderment.

I REALLY wish in my recent days of playing Pig that I could say this is an exaggeration, and while it's not 100% accurate, it's close to being about 85% of my matches. People die to Pig because they forget that Pig can passively kill them lol.

• Ramxenoc445
    Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,358
    Options

They adapted and most of them probably main her. Along with new perks to help her better

• Boosted_Dwight
    Boosted_Dwight Member Posts: 3,059
    Options

Because us Pig players are total grease machines who will show no mercy unless booped. ๐Ÿท๐Ÿฝ

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723
    Options

Checking the boxes and interrupting a survivor before they can get the trap off is much faster since you get an instant re-hook or you can crouch and wait until they die. That's why Pig has a high kill rate. She isn't hard to play when you play her like that and you get a 3k-4k almost every game if they try to gen rush you. It's a lose-lose. If they take too long, pop goes the weasel the gens or use ruin and pop together. You'll be surprised how many times you win.

• MissKitty95
    MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786
    Options

Because her hit box is broken & 9-10 pigs camp in crouch around the hook and tunnel the hookee.

• ky_quilt
    ky_quilt Member Posts: 1
    Options

well she might be op tbh .

if balance for killers is a ~50% kill rate , like the devs have said. then yes , she might need a nerf a long with other killers.

as a killer main & pig main , i never need to use regression perks to slow down the game and get a 3k/4k . when i do use ruin or w.e its usually a guaranteed 4k since the game gets slowed down like crazy . im super welcome to a nerf since i've been hard stuck rank 1 and i've grown bored of constant 4k's when i play pig tbh.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,072
    Options

I'd be very interested to see the perk choice breakdown of Pigs relative to her kill rate. That can go a long way towards explaining kill rate. My theory is that most players who take Pig at red ranks are extremely confident/competent with M1 killers.

To me, her kill rate says less about her and more about the players. Plus I've had players die to EGC just because they want to boop the snoot.

• Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073
    Options

Instead of offering my actual mental thoughts towards your statement, I'm going to be polite and simply say, no. Just no.

She is certainly NOT overpowered. And after pretty much a straight year of nerfs due to normalization, she doesn't need more.