Risky Repairs

0mikeya0
0mikeya0 Member Posts: 220
edited October 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

This challenge is not a good challenge IMO! I cannot get 2 gens done within the killers terror radius. Can it be done, yes and I've done it before, but this should not be a challenge. I literally have to hope no one finishes the gen before the killer comes whether I'm alone or not and there is so much that goes on in a trial I'm js. If the challenge was 1 gen in the killers terror radius... then okay its a good challenge, but 2 is just ridiculous IMO.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

I still haven't managed to even finish this challenge. Unless you're literally in a SWF and have a gen 99%, randoms will ALWAYS finish the gen. And personally, I don't want to stand beside a gen waiting for the moment a killer may or may not wander by to finish it, just to make myself a clear target so easily.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742
    edited October 2020

Yeah, this is a challenge where the best you can hope for is a full swf with someone luring the killer to you, or having a killer who's farming with you.

Just watch one of the next tomes contain a 'blind the killer 5 times after stunning them in one match' challange

• 0mikeya0
    0mikeya0 Member Posts: 220

I finished the challenge literally right after I posted this. I still stand by what I said though. I just had the best scenario I could get in normal gameplay.

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,118

it's a very situational challenge

• NotTheCosmo
    NotTheCosmo Member Posts: 25

Try doing a gen by yourself and use OoO to attract the killer to you.

• HommeBizarre
    HommeBizarre Member Posts: 410

Or being a solo survivor and be with bad teamates

Repair two gens 99%

Be the last survivor and waiting for bubba to come to you

repair the 2 gens while in chase lol

(Yeah, this challenge is bad, it should be 1 gen or 2 gen but not in a single game)

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

How does the Challenge even relate to anyone in the rift.

I can see it being in Feng's archives because technician but how does the Challenge relate to Nea or Adam

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Yeah I did by getting the first gen right as the killer arrived and then i 99 a second gen and probably spend a good minute fast vaulting a nearby window to get the killer to come to me. Needless to say it threw the whole match and the killer probably thought i was toxic as hell.

But i got the challenge done right?

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

I guess Nea sorta fits because shes a rebel so she's just doing it right under the killers nose because she can I guess.

• Aidan_fowl
    Aidan_fowl Member Posts: 47

There is a pretty simple way to get it done: use a Jigsaw Puzzle offering.

The map has 2 floors but it is so small that you are in the killer's terror radius all the time. I was able to do it in my second attempt (the first one I managed to do 1) and I play solo.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,179

I used The Game offering and hoped not to get Myers, GF etc. And it worked.

But on other maps this challenge is quite painful.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

Necroing this thread because it deserves it -- because, hey, could you guys possibly make a more oppressive challenge? What is this, tome 1?

• Teacyn
    Teacyn Member Posts: 93
    edited December 2020

The only challenges I've found to be worse than this one are the ones that require you to get a bunch of flashlight blinds in one game, because that one literally stops functioning at high ranks. It's basically impossible to get flashlight blinds consistently past purple ranks and even in purple ranks sometimes, since at that point killers know exactly how to dodge them consistently and you really only get them if you catch the killer super off-guard. The one that requires smashing a fuckton of pallets/gens in one game is also pretty bad, you basically have to throw the game and bait survivors into dropping pallets constantly and go out of your way to kick every gen.