The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Very Strange Crossplay-Friends Bug

GrimReaperJr1232
GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,690
edited October 2020 in Bug Reporting

Hello!

I am a PS4 player and I wanted to play with one of my friends who is a PC player. We had previously played games together, so we were on each other's friends lists... so I thought.

On his screen, I didn't exist on his list. We also noticed that the code beneath his name was different. When asked, he said the only thing he had done was link his Steam account to BHVR.

Conversely, when I checked my list, I saw him but he was listed as "offline" despite evidence to contrary, and it still had his old code.

So, I deleted him from my list and attempted to send another friend request, this time using his old code. What happened was I would press send and nothing would happen. Literally nothing.

Then, we tried it in reverse. He searched up my username with my friend code, and then sent me an invite that I received. However, I could not accept it much like how I could not send an invite.

Strangely, it was only between me and him. He could invite other people just fine (to my knowledge, they were other PC players) and I could still add/invite other people, regardless if they were PC or console.

I don't know how this bug was triggered and it continues to this day. I'm not sure what happened, but this was the best description I could give.

0 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• enzil
    enzil Member Posts: 4

Did you link your BHVR account to steam around two weeks ago? It's bugged & prevents the steam players from playing with their console friends. If you unlink your BHVR account, all of your aurics, BP, and Iri's go back to 0 and any progress you made on a survivor/killer since the account link will be lost.

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,690
    edited October 2020

I'm a console player, mate. It's my friend who linked it.

Nonetheless, good to know.

Post edited by GrimReaperJr1232 on