The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Progression in Dead by Daylight is too slow

I've been playing DBD since March of this year, only video game I really play anymore and because of Covid, I have 1,150+ hours in the game. It's a little too much, sorry dad. I'm roughly at Devotion 5 level... 69? and I have some bones to pick. From a survivor standpoint, I have 5 at P3-50 and only one maxed out completely, Feng Min. Every other survivor is either P1 or P2. For killer which I don't play too much, I have Plague maxed out and I'm leveling Legion.

For survivors; I do not own 5 of them, all original characters, after 1,000+ hours.

For killers; I do not own 9 of them, 4 licenses included so 5 original characters, again.

I rarely get some cosmetics, I think in total I've gotten roughly 30,000 IS in cosmetics, 8,000 for the shrine and the remainder goes to characters.

My point being, the way how Iridescent Shards are rewarded are BS and the progress is too slow. Want to level up from 50 to 51? Play 8-9 matches (aka an hour or two)! And you only get a puny 300 shards! I would feel a lot better if the devs actually gave us maybe 500 IS each level and some BP. It's just wayy too slow.

Comments

• Blazelski
    Blazelski Member Posts: 351

Friendly advice: Don't prestige any characters, it's so not worth it.

• quentinsimp
    quentinsimp Member Posts: 46

Eh, disagree. Your definition of "worth it" isn't the same as many peoples, which is fine, but I do think it's worth it if you're like me and enjoy the bloody cosmetics. I prefer Jake & Dwight's default looks over any other outfits, so I p3'd them, and Quentin doesn't have any cosmetics so I p3'd my baby too.

If, like many others, you like to play DBD as a game of horror-themed dress-up, then prestige is totally worth it.

Also, it's good to do if you're at level 50 and don't have many perks you like on the character.

• hangm_nn
    hangm_nn Member Posts: 43

Yeah. It's really up to your opinion when it comes to prestiging. On any survivor I don't play often I get a cosmetic for them with the P3 Face. If it's Feng, I'll get an outfit for her and for killer I'll get the p1 weapon. I just like maxing characters out but it shouldnt be slow. Well not as slow as it is.