Anyone opposed to removing map offerings from the game?

Options
Phaeris
Phaeris Member Posts: 77
edited October 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

Seems far more fair on the killer were this to happen.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• musefan
    musefan Member Posts: 345
    Options

I don't use them so I don't really care either way.

In fact I only ever use bloodpoint bonuses. Everything else can be removed for all I care.

Best to keep moris though, otherwise the forums would be shut down for inactivity 🤣

• Phaeris
    Options

Just seems unfair killer has to either counter, or it's 4 chances the map will favour survivor, and we know it's gonna be bloody Ormond.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    Options

I Love maps. Fav part of the game.

I often bring offerings to get load outs to different realms, as roughly 70% percent of matches I’m sent to MacMillan, AutoWreckers or Coldwind maps and the offerings keep some semblance of realm balance to comfort my sanity.

No, I would never remove map offerings.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
    Options

My game "crashes" when I see an ormond offering, I prefer the 5 min ban over playing on ormond.

This is the only issue that I have with that but it is only based in my experience.

Survivors love using ormond offerings but when you, the killer put a map offering that helps you, they get upset, like bro you can send me to ormond and haddonfield with old balanced landing but I can't put azarov or mcmillan maps because that is unfair??

Just based in my experience and I would love it if map offerings didn't work or something "but dude there is a sacrificial ward!!" Yeah but so far I only have 2 over 2 prestiges on most killers.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
    Options

I just wish they'd rework the maps instead, to make them more fair for both sides. And remove Midwich, that map is garbo for both sides.

• Phaeris
    Options

They should really show which map it is when you start, then allow you to pick the killer according to the map, since some killers are completely negated by certain maps.

• Manky
    Manky Member Posts: 192
    Options

Otzdarva's idea was to remove map offerings for SWF. I can usually handle an ormond on a fairly uncoordinated team but when they are on comms and can tell each other exactly where I am so they can all run off doing gens on the other side of the map while im left chasing someone on the endless loops of ormind then thats kinda unfair. Getting it naturally is fair, but having a team have a strategy before the game even starts is kinda impossible.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    Options

If we can’t remove them, then at least make them exclusive to Killer. That way we don’t have 4 man SWFs only trying to send the Killer to Haddonfield, Ormond, or Coldwind.

• CCClark
    CCClark Member Posts: 32
    Options

I really don't think they should be removed. they're not that bad.

If you're a survivor you can always bring a map offering, but so can the killer. If you're still done with map offerings and just want it to be random use sacrificial ward.

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985
    Options

I'd not shed a tear. Good riddance.

• jerakal
    jerakal Member Posts: 246
    Options

Yes, please. They're only ever used for toxic purposes and I never use them, so they just clutter up my inventory.

If you won't remove them, at least let me recycle them into something useful like an Add-on or some BP.

• ObscurityDragon
    ObscurityDragon Member Posts: 710
    Options

I like map offering, but lets be honest...most of the peoples that uses some are sweaty swf that wanna go to haddonfield, second are offering for new maps pr recently reworked maps

And most of the time, if you put on an offering that they dont like, ive seen that many survivor will suddently "crash" if you know what i mean

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options

Oh ok: so a wallhacks Myers can have a field day on Underground Laboratory, but survivors can't load Haddonfield with Balanced Landing equipped? Seems legit.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options

Just take away the ability to choose where hatch spawns, or maybe show the aura of all structures near or inside of main building since that makes sense with Felix's backstory. Good for newer players without effecting perks, but the devs decided to buff technician for new players.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467
    edited October 2020
    Options

That’s a bad map against 99% of Killers. It’s also easy to see him coming while repairing a gen because none of them have good LoS blockers. After you see him just loop him the best you can. Remember he’s slower than normal.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    Options

Yes.

I am opposed.

• ZerLukas
    ZerLukas Member Posts: 294
    Options

I'm all for removing them.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

Same,Ormond is so damn boring with its 1000 super safe loops.

It's pretty much the same as a mori in terms of strength imo

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
    Options

I wouldn't pair them with Moris but that is just me maybe if it was a SWF I would pair it with moris and yeah that map is so boring I don't know why so many like it besides for the 1k safe loops.

• mandysuxx
    mandysuxx Member Posts: 41
    Options

I would be okay with Mao offering removal if they also revamped the map rotation. I hate the fact that the game dumbs me to the same maps all the time if I dont use an offering. Like, heck, even the game is better than Ironworks of misery or azarovs resting place 9th time in a row.