What's something you're trying to get better at?

What is something specific you're working on improving? Not just "Gittin' Gud" - I daresay we're all working at that. No, what's a general or specific skill you're currently out to pick up?

Personally, I'm working on my Slinger. All of it. Shots, tactics, the whole thing. I spent I-dont-know-how-long playing nothing but Blight and whomever I had dailies for, and now I just cannot for the life of me hit a shot. Embarrassing, especially for someone that's a half-Slinger main. So, I'm trying real hard to relearn everything I've forgotten, which as it turns out is a lot of muscle memory that mysteriously went out the window and got replaced with an insane desire to repeatedly slam my face into walls.

Comments

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

I am trying to improve my ability to flick my lethal rushes around tiles without colliding into anything, pretty hard, since I'm on console.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

I've been working on Timing

Since I play Pig the most I have almost worked out Timing

What I mean by Timing is:

Gen timing: How long before a Gen gets done compared to the chase and how many survivors are on the Gen

Hook Timing: How long will it take to down and hook a survivor before (or after) a survivor makes it to the hook (or another Gen)

Heal Timing: if two or more survivors are injured how long will it take for them to heal vs. Gen Timing and Hook Timing

Power Timing: When do I use my Power... Where do I go (if it's movement based power)... Who's in my LOS ( for throwables)

DS Timing: Who has it and how long has it been

So when I play another killer I compare everything to the Pig... Sometimes I do good other times I do bad (and get toxic messages)

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

been trying to win without slowdown perks on all my killers- feels more rewarding when i do win

• Nullclines
    Nullclines Member Posts: 232

Flashlight blinds and stuns. I've played a fair bit of survivor but mostly just to level them up and do challenges, one thing I still haven't gotten the hang of is using the flashlight. I ocassionally see a survivor struggle to blind me while I'm beaking a pallet, so it's good to know I'm not the only one finding it tricky to even get the aim right.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

I'm trying to get my puke on point

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731

Im trying to get better with my in-chase behavior, im trying not to but every time i smack the killer with a pallet i tend to tbag and point. The urge is hard to resist but i am trying.

• DecemberMan
    DecemberMan Member Posts: 30

Not getting tilted. I'm slowly getting the hand of it.

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

Hugging walls better as killer. If I chase a survivor round a car or small rock, I'll still be chasing them an hour later. With the Benny Hill theme tune in the background.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

I'm working on new Billy, it's like as if the nerf nerfed me with Billy, I can't curve as easy, I can't double engravings, I'm basically just a normal Billy without curving as much.

Also I've been practicing my legion perkless but with addons, so far that is going great.

• FFabeq
    FFabeq Member Posts: 530

360 and jukes

I can pull a 360, but hitboxes say no and it sucks

• HulkHodn
    HulkHodn Member Posts: 116

Improving my nurse on ps4 while iam drunk.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

Chases as Survivor. I'm really bad at it usually. lol

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 889

i'm getting dead harded (and then missing hits) a lot even though the perk is pretty meta since forever. I just can't get in my head to wait for it because i'm so focused on the chase. There are cases where you can't do anything about it (DH for distance) but in a lot of situations i would have got the down if i waited 2 more seconds.

I also miss sometimes if survivors are really good at juking, which makes me feel stupid everytime. Not a general problem but due to low fps it happens to me more frequently than to other killers who play at red ranks.

I also want to learn new killers and decided to give Pig a chance.

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

Taking increasingly longer breaks from DBD until I forget about it and never play again. : )

• UseTheValve
    UseTheValve Member Posts: 350

Since the 2x Bloodpoints events, it's almost non-stop nurse for me, i'm slowly getting the hang of it. She was my first killer that I've ever played back in 2017 and i never touched her again until now. She's a blast.

• IWasThereOnce
    IWasThereOnce Member Posts: 31

With survivor: Looping efficiently. I can run a killer, but I can't typically keep them at a loop for any extended amount of time.

With killer: Huntress on console. Need I say more?

• IWasThereOnce
    IWasThereOnce Member Posts: 31

Whenever I play killer, it seems like the people who do that typically go down pretty fast for no real reason.

I tend to save the tbagging for when I'm purposely taunting them enough to keep their eyes on me so people can be saved in basement or we can get the last gen done.

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409

I'm working on Billy to land hits better, Nurse, and I've been working on some other killers, I mostly play Clown, Demo, Ph, Doc, and some billy. SO I think I need to play more than those killers, and more of GF, Myers, and so on and so forth

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Man,the most annoying thing as blight is when you try to curve your rush really hard but then you bump into something and you're just spinning like a madman 😂

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

Looping. I'm terrible at it. I can't use a flashlight worth spit either, but one can get by without that skill. Looping, on the other hand, is a basic necessity. I think I've peaked as a Survivor (I am stuck between 6-8) until I can get better at this. I know it is possible because when I'm the Killer I get led quite the merry chase by some incredible Survivors who seem to defy logic. That is what I want.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

With Nurse, just remember the classic first-for-distance, second-to-hit rule, and to not be afraid to float around a bit, and you'll win most of your games even if you aren't the greatest at landing blinks (so long as you still land the majority).

• mandysuxx
    mandysuxx Member Posts: 41

Looping with a survivor, I have no idea how I'm rank 3 survivor rn even tho my loops suck.

• Chechia
    Chechia Member Posts: 234

Huntress. Was pretty good with her for a long time but I suddenly miss the easiest hits with her.

• JesseJH28
    JesseJH28 Member Posts: 483

Strategy with trapper. It's been really difficult, but it's so satisfying when you're able to set a trap and push someone into it

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

As a survivor, when I do play I’m trying to get better at looping. I’m sick of not being able to last in a chase. How am I rank 1?

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417

-Becoming a god Nurse (I'm pretty decent already but I want to get even better)

-Getting better at curving Billy's chainsaw around loops/Flick Billy

-Learning how to play Blight

-Getting better at looping good killers who use mindgames

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

I used the last Rift to get better with Huntress (on console) and Leatherface's updated power.

This time around I'm hoping to become a little more effective with Blight. Also considering spending a little more time with Billy, Demogorgon, and Pig as well.

On the survivor end of things, I'm mainly hoping to get more used to the current flashlight-aiming. And I could always use extra practice with looping too.