The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Feral Frenzy change proposal.

Hydrant
Hydrant Member Posts: 36
edited December 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

This is a proposal I made in my free time to change some minor parts of Legion's power, to create a less tedious killer to play, while keeping him at bay with how he was in his first iteration. Keep in mind, I am not here to cry about how Legion needs buff, in fact I love him how he is, and there's just one part in his base I would change. I am open to talk about your opinions and your own thoughts about what he needs.

OG Legion: The problem with OG Legion is that he, just like Nurse could ignore anything in the game, but he did not need any skill, one mechanic must be avoided so that Legion won’t go back to where he has been.

Feral Frenzy Fatigue: The stun Legion takes after ending frenzy is always 4 seconds. Three characters have the same stun: Nurse after 2 blinks and an attack, and Deathslinger when applying deep wound through letting the chain snap. Both of those can get some value through these, but Legion. Here’s the change: Make Legion’s cooldown dynamic, after each stab the fatigue after ending frenzy is increased by 1 second, up to 4 seconds, if only one person was stabbed, the cooldown is 2 seconds. This is aimed at Legion’s severe lack of lethality in proper chase, the only thing he has going for him is survivor making one mistake instead of 2 to go down. Cooldown add-ons should get a change with this as well to make the cooldown not busted.

Add-on changes: Most of Legion’s add-ons are pretty good actually, so I will be aiming at just five of them. Three being kinda good but having very small values being useless or lackluster without being stacked, and another two being borderline useless. Being:

-Deep Wound Study: Instead of reducing time to mend, allow the Legion to see the status of the deep wound, this might give him more information without making him more versatile.

-Frank’s Mixtape: Instead of depleting deep wound bar, allow the Legion to see Blood Pools while in frenzy to enhance his tracking abilities.

-Cold Dirt: Instead of reducing cooldown, allow the Legion to see scratch marks while in frenzy to once again, enhance his tracking. Survivors can see their scratch marks while in frency.

-Joey’s Mixtape: Instead of reducing cooldown, considerably survivor’s breathing and cryes of pain are louder while in frenzy.

-Julie's Mixtape: Instead of reducing cooldown, moderately survivor’s breathing and cryes of pain are louder while in frenzy.

Deep Wound Study and Frank's Mixtape are add-ons that reflect the old Legion, but both of them have been nerfed to ground. While Frank's Mixtape guarantees a down, it takes 80 seconds to down someone, excluding the 4 second cooldown, pallet breaking, window vaulting, and time to catch up. You are better off chasing normally. And with my fatigue change, cooldown add-ons would be busted, so I decided to go with giving Legion more information to work around. Something not so versatile, but maybe fun to play with, Frank's Mixtape and Cold Dirt are especially aimed at Legion's low self-awareness when in Frenzy and without killer instinct activated. Cold Dirt would be really good at that so I've given it a downside so that survivors can take notice of it and work around it.

I'd love to see your opinions, thanks for reading if you're still around.

Edit 1: Added Julie's Mixtape to the add-on reworks.

Edit 2: Corrected my spelling, nothing significant changed.

Post edited by Hydrant on

Comments

• Hydrant
    Hydrant Member Posts: 36
    edited November 2020

I also decided to make a small tier list of his add-ons. It's all based on my opinion so you're entitled to have your own and share it!

Edit: I put the Never-sleep pills one tier too high

• Kees_T
    Kees_T Member Posts: 811

You have my vote. This change definitely should be implemented,