Is there any speculated killer as decisive and heavily argued about as Springtrap.

Options
SpringtrapForDBD
SpringtrapForDBD Member Posts: 39
edited November 2020 in General Discussions

While there have been a lot of possible horror characters speculated about, like Jason, Xenomorph, and Nemisis.

But Springtrap is the one I see the most arguing over and one the community is the most split about.

Like most people are either are on two extremes when it comes to him.

Either they are massive supporter of him and will always defend him no matter what, or they absolutely despise him and would quit the game if he got in.

Sure there are people in between, by there's very few of them I've seen.

Honestly is there any other character as decisive as him?

Comments

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    Options

Do you know the specific reason others don't want Springtrap? I also have a vague idea of the lore of FNAF just read it. It'd bring the game more fans.

• WishIcouldmain
    edited November 2020
    Options

However and hear me out those are already fans we have. We have the people already fans of the classics Jason and the Xeno could bring some fans but a lot of them we already have, but Springtrap is new. Springtrap fans are likely not as familiar with classics. Bringing in Springtrap will likely being new players that is what the Devs should seek out. While we need to keep the current players happy. Bringing in new people to play is just as crucial or more crucial.

• WishIcouldmain
    Options

I don't get that. Popular things means more people will com in to play the game. And as far as I'm aware we don't have any mechanical cyborg killers unless they mean lore then yes he's similar to Freddy.

• WishIcouldmain
    Options

I think the annoyance is outweighed by the potential for new players. Stranger things brought in a lot of new players new players equals new money which can go into improving the games quality. And if I'm correct Fnaf fan base is pretty large and new players is a good priority. And they can learn to love the game beyond Springtrap what if someone comes for Springtrap then ends up falling for Trapper, Oni or another license.

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839
    Options

While that might be true for the popularity of the game, individual players are going to make judgments based on their individual feelings. If they don't like FNAF because they got tired of it back in the day, they are going to be against it now. Doesn't mean it's a bad thing for DbD to have, just that a vocal lot are going to dislike it based on their personal experiences.

• WishIcouldmain
    Options

Okay but do you think there are more people in DBD who would or wouldn't like FNAF in the game?

• StibbityStabbity
    Options

I think a lot of players would like to see more Killers from slasher/horror movies first. Jason, Candyman, Chucky, Pinhead, Pumpkinhead, 4head, and other such classic movie slashers (with head in their name).

• Jay_Whyask
    Jay_Whyask Member Posts: 557
    edited November 2020
    Options

That's understandable, my vision of the situation is clearer now. It makes perfect sense that people would be adverse to something if it was advertised everywhere they went. Also I can't imagine people creating oc versions of the antagonists is a good look from the outside looking in. That's a hallmark seal of cringe if done improperly, or at all for that matter.

• WishIcouldmain
    Options

Are FNAF gamers really that toxic? And can you tell me why?

• WishIcouldmain
    Options
  • StibbityStabbity
    Options

DbDs toxicity is a different kind. It's very petty. Compared to a lot of other online games, it's not even that bad as far as how people behave. It's the perceieved entitlement. DbD has more perceived entitlement than nearly any other game. Killers think the game owes them a 4k. Survivors think they should be able to stun lock the Killer for 10 minutes then immediately leave when they've had enough. It's petty, but nowhere near as bad as other communities.

• LuffyBlack
    LuffyBlack Member Posts: 595
    Options

They aren't. They only catch heat because of the weird fan art and the fact that it's for kids, meanwhile I could argue that this fanbase is worse and can be cringe in its own right.

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274
    edited November 2020
    Options

Nitpicking here, but I think you mean "Is there any killer as controversial as Springtrap?" Decisive would imply that he was/is super important for the game (I'd argue that only Micheal Myers and Pyramid Head are true decisive characters for DbD).

And probably not, because FNaF is a pretty controversial horror series to begin with. It toes the line between trying to appeal to adults (with the uncomfortable atmospheres and dark back-stories) and pandering to children (with tons of toys, merchandise, and the entirety of FNaF World).

I know Resident Evil and Silent Hill also have figurines in their characters' likenesses, but those seem to have been generally marketed more as collector's items for older fans of either franchise rather than as actual toys (quick tangent though: I gotta say, Plushamid Head is probably the most adorable manifestation of inner guilt I've ever seen).

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people simply don't feel that FNaF is a worthy series to stand alongside many of the horror icons that have already entered the Fog. Although, this same argument probably could have been leveled at Stranger Things too (I really don't need to hear more about how people didn't like season 2 or season 3), but Demogorgon, Steve, and Nancy snuck in anyway.

Is Springtrap or a FNaF Chapter/Paragraph a valid future possibility? - Yes

Is FNaF a franchise that I really care about seeing added to DbD? - No

Am I going to throw a fit if they do bring FNaF to DbD? - Of course not! As long as they make it a fun chapter.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

I've never played Five Night's at Freddy's, I couldn't care about that game one way or another, but man these threads that come up asking for Springtrap are kind of annoying. I get that some people want him in the game but, man, it feels like constant threads about it for some reason, I don't get it.

To be fair, I never played Silent Hill either and I like how Pyramid Head plays so it's not like I'm against a killer that I'm unfamiliar with being in the game. If they ever added Springtrap and made him fun to play then I don't care about his backstory or whatever, that would be fine. He's not one of the killers I would go for personally thematically but that's just me (and obviously some people are excited about him so I guess more power to his fans).

• Creepa99
    Creepa99 Member Posts: 80
    Options

If you want Jason just play the far more balanced Friday the 13th.

• itsaconehead
    itsaconehead Member Posts: 236
    Options

I don't like fnaf since it was always shoved in my face when it was out first time. Plus my nieces and nephews play it and it's like nah, I want the classics first. I've suggested Ma as a killer and got jumped on for that though.

• Revzi100
    Revzi100 Member Posts: 529
    Options

dont want springtrap

• Creepa99
    Creepa99 Member Posts: 80
    edited November 2020
    Options

Oh yes far more balanced. If you aren't able to escape it's because you don't know how to loop Jason and fight back and if you take too long to escape Jason gets his rage and you get punished for it. Perks don't really make a difference which is good so that there isn't too much bullshit, there's stamina so you can't just loop Jason forever and ever, and Jason is random so you don't know what's going to happen when you load in. Killer on DbD can be extremely stressful while dealing with powerhouse survivors yet the survivors always complain on here for no reason. It's a 4v1 game not a 1v1 game obviously killers are amazing in 1v1's.

• StibbityStabbity
    Options

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty...

The word they were looking for is "Divisive".

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

*divisive*

• CaptainRaider
    CaptainRaider Member Posts: 150
    Options

No offense, but that game has about as much polish as bullshit in a new york sewer.

• HommeBizarre
    HommeBizarre Member Posts: 405
    Options

But with what happened with F13 the game

I wonder if the devs really want to have license issues like F13 did,

I mean... it's not worth to try

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187
    Options

You don't need to apologise for disagreeing, and I will admit I probably wrote my first comment very aggressively.

If you go back to the 80's, two of the classic horror killer icons were born, Freddy and Jason. They were so iconic that many sequels were made and there's even talks of a Friday the 13th reboot despite the legal troubles going on. If you go back to the 70's, a personified embodiment of pure evil, aka Michael Myers was born. So many sequels and reboots were made that they have two new Halloween movies coming out soon.

My point is, Springtrap has only been in the spotlight for 5 years, (I'm not talking about FNAF in general, Springtrap made his first major appearance in the 3rd game which released in 2015). 5 years is nothing compared to over 60-50 decades of horror icons. Dead by Daylight adding Springtrap before any other icon would be a joke, especially because there's far more horror icons out there that have yet to be given the spotlight in Dead by Daylight.

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636
    Options

FNAF is horrible and anyone who likes it, even ironically, are simpletons.

Please don't add that garbage.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,763
    Options

i am rather on the fence about the whole thing but whenever someone says "ugh Springtrap is such a baby character" i have to remind them that 1. He's a child murderer, 2. He's trapped in eternal pain and agony, 3. his spirit is trapped in hell and is doomed to suffer for eternity and 4, His death sounds like this

Baby character my hide

• cloudface
    cloudface Member Posts: 93
    Options

Being a fan of the F13 game I knew vaguely about "the lawsuit" but only just read a detailed article about it recently and it's kind of a fascinating case the outcome of which could have repercussions on many aging intellectual properties (except those owned by Disney obviously) that could either fall back into the hands of the original creator or get mired in "who really owns what" like with Jason.

• DarKStaR350z
    DarKStaR350z Member Posts: 635
    Options

I’m sure that’s scary if you’re not yet a teen, but it’s hard to take seriously and not find it funny.

• Kjetrr
    Kjetrr Member Posts: 43
    Options

I am not going to argue that FNAF isn't horror, there are different types of horror and it certainly has it's place in the Genre.

But for me, like others, it is more or less the fandom that surrounds it that makes me not want to have FNAF in DBD.

I was an active artist during the whole FNAF hype on youtube, and boy, was it hell. People literally tried to bully artists into harming themselves, just because they had different interpretations of FNAF characters. I myself got threats because I did not want to draw stuff related to FNAF. And no, these were not necessarily kids being ######### towards eachother, but in some cases (like mine) 30 year-olds bullying 16 year-olds. So, in my opinion the 'the fandom has grown up since then' excuse doesn't count. Imagine people like that mixed into the DBD community.

Also, the game's story has become worse over the years, to a point of it being incoherent, probably because the creator tries too hard to appeal to the 'theory channel' part of the fandom to sell more merch.

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416
    Options

Ya know what, I think it's been long enough that we can talk about FNAF again.

The reason Springtrap is so hated is that a smaller license like Fnaf was being shoved down peoples throat so much that people were pushed into talking about it, stuff like F13, RE, and Alien have been around forever and are held in far higher regard than FNAF is.

I joined after the FNAF situation hit its peak and I still got fed up with all the posts.

He might actually have been the most requested character had people known to shut up about him.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,763
    Options

I mean, i can see how you find it funny but don't tell me that it sounds particularly fun to go through