Breakable walls

Mew
Mew Member Posts: 1,832
edited November 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

what are y’all’s opinions on breakable walls? personally, i find them to be a very boring gameplay mechanic (or at least the way they’re going with them is very boring) as it seems like the only purpose for them is to create pseudo infinites until the wall is broken, which really just isn’t engaging for either side

for instance, new suffocation pit. theres a chance for the old infinite to spawn again, but the excuse for it to spawn is that there is a breakable wall next to it.

imo, a way to make breakable walls more engaging would definitely be two things:

1. add certain breakable walls as a second objective for survivors. Make it so survivors have to build certain walls to make a loop stronger, rather than having them spawn is as a predropped god pallet. also, a variant to make breakable windows would also be cool if done correctly.
  2. Make breakable walls OPTIONAL to break. i really dislike that you cannot chase in certain areas unless you break every wall. This is prominent on a map like Dead Dawg, you cannot chase in the saloon unless every wall is broken, which also really isn’t engaging for both sides, either.

i think breakable walls are a cool concept, but the way the devs are going with them really worries me. what do y’all think?

Comments

• ZaKzan
    ZaKzan Member Posts: 544

They're a good concept, but the way they were implemented was absolutely abhorrent.

Instead of offering more dynamic gameplay and strategy, they mostly boil down to removing infinites, which shouldn't even be in the game to begin with. I truly do wonder if the devs are purposefully trying to kill the game with such one dimensional design concepts that are so unhealthy for the game.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

Breakable Walls as they are now are sucky design.

• eiredrake
    eiredrake Member Posts: 98

I generally play killers and actually I kind of like the idea of players being able to build destructable barricades. Maybe you need a perk to build them and it takes 30 seconds and makes a bunch of or something. As long as it doesn't create a situation where it is impossible to get to the survivor.

Survivor runs into killer shack... takes 30 seconds barricades the doorway and begins working on a generator. A second survivor runs in and takes 30 seconds to barricades the other door. Yeah they finish the generator but now they're trapped inside unless they tear down the barricade.

Even cooler, lemme set the shack on fire while they're in there.