Is there any speculated killer as decisive and heavily argued about as Springtrap.

Options

Comments

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409
    Options

I think that's the most important thing, and even as someone who is a huge fan of fnaf that also wants it in the game is kinda subjective about, I still want the Killer to be pretty fun and decent, I don't expect him to be OP, but I do expect him to be fun, and decent enough for me to main him. But I get it some people just think Fnaf as that cringey thing sadly. But I know a few people that would love it, I would.

Also where the ######### can I get a Plushamid Head!?

• siren_sorceress
    siren_sorceress Member Posts: 321
    edited November 2020
    Options

Lol f13 balanced? Game is like playing freddy and spirit with trapper traps. All you do is trap the objectives and insta choke everyone. When's the last time anybody had a full team of tryhards to take on Jason? The only time there's any more than 2 escapes is when the Jason is totally incompetent.

Even the devs said the game wasnt balanced. They WANTED Jason to be overpowered with escaping being the exception. Which is terrible design considering the game isnt scary at all, just annoyingly frustrating as counselor. I thank god every day you guys arent on the dbd balance team lol.

• Slashstreetboy
    Slashstreetboy Member Posts: 1,811
    Options
  • Lufanati
    Lufanati Member Posts: 198
    Options

DBD already racks in more than enough money to fix the game and make improvements. Maybe, maybe, they'd be more willing to invest in that stuff if they made even more money, but it's not like they don't make enough already.

• Dabihwow
    Options

Knowing them they would gladly take any opporunity to make more money

• DariusB92
    DariusB92 Member Posts: 122
    Options

So agreed, we want classic killers added and this is a child's game killer. Please just no

• SpringtrapForDBD
    SpringtrapForDBD Member Posts: 39
    Options

Barely anyone knows it? Dude you're either lying or extremely uniformed.

Plus considering how many people I saw who didn't know who Pyramid Head was and complained about him being too niche, Springtrap could still get in.

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    SCP_FOR_DBD Member Posts: 2,416
    edited November 2020
    Options

As someone who doesn't want Springtrap at all, Fnaf was literally one of the most controversial talking points on this forum.

Just 4 months ago you couldn't go 3 posts without seeing a FNAF post, to the point where it got asinine.

Nobody knows FNAF? There are like 9 games, 2 or 3 sets of books, and a soon to be movie. How does a series nobody knows get that much media and over 50,000 signatures for the mere idea of a crossover? Fnafs community sucks because its too big, its bloated and full of bandwagoners. it is quite literally too big for its own good.

This is a post with over 200 people on something as small as this forum, thats hardly obscure wouldn't you agree? https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1372102#Comment_1372102

• siren_sorceress
    siren_sorceress Member Posts: 321
    edited November 2020
    Options

Why? No counter argument? Just mad dbd doesnt favor killers as much as jason? Oh wait it does just play spirit lol

• LuffyBlack
    LuffyBlack Member Posts: 595
    Options

When in doubt, do the us vs them. No I find your post to be overdramatic and I disagree with you. Also there's literally no killer in this game that's an instant win button. Anytime this is thrown around it's never in good faith, just a form of tired manipulation to get people to play how you want them to. It's also cringy.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

Yes, several. Candyman, for example.

• Grum_P
    Grum_P Member Posts: 79
    Options

I feel that people only think that Springtrap would be bad would be because Scott Cawthon, the creator of FNaF, has made the game aimed more towards children for some reason. Honestly it's the parents fault, it's the same reason 10 year olds are playing games with dark subjects like Among Us or Fortnite. They don't do their research on what their child is playing. All they see is a fun game for kids but they don't realize that they're letting their children play a game where you have to murder 99 people in cold blood to win, or become the alien from John Carpenter's The Thing and expose them to bad language through the chat filter which can be turned off with the flick of a switch. The parents don't realize that the game they're buying for their kids has a mini Jeffery Dahmer in it as the main antagonist of the series and children's corpses rotting in mascot suits. It's not the child's fault, it's the parents.

• Dabihwow
    Options

I don't disagree it was very controversial, but it still is a thing that people want in the game, including me. I don't like the fact how you state the community like that though, I get it that your not a fan of the idea but I am not entirely a fan of having SCP in the game either, it doesn't entirely fit for me. But we all have different opinions and I guess you might think that Fnaf doesn't have no place in the game but I do. The community has changed over the years and you can't blame people for something that they like, and whats wrong with a big community? Strangers Things got in the game and it has a large community, why because people like it. Now some people love the Fnaf for its lore, I do it has a very unique take on horror, but I guess we all have different opinions.

• Dabihwow
    Options

Exactly, for some, before I left High school I was not allowed to play Fortnite, and those kinda games ( i'm honestly glad I didn't). I probably should not have gotten exposed to Fnaf but I did. Sadly there really wasn't any restrictions during that time or even today.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,600
    Options

I don't care either way, even though I think there's better killer options out there. And we say Springtrap but it could be any one FNAF character.

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    edited November 2020
    Options

I recognize that it's something people want, and thats more than fine. You can want FNAF all you like. I don't think FNAF doesn't have a place in the game, its just that its not a series I care for. The only FNAF game I've played was help wanted, and while I thought it was pretty good; it didn't grab me like other horror games did.

When I say I don't want FNAF, its not because I think it's bad or that it doesn't fit. It's just that it's something I don't care all that much for.

When I was talking about the community I was referring to something called the bandwagon effect, that is where people will jump on something just because it's popular. FNAFs jump to popularity, while good for the series, ended up filling the community with bandwagoners.

And trust me, band wagoners are the literal worst. They get overly defensive and act all high and mighty. When I said FNAFs community was too big for its own good, thats what I was referring too.

There are good FNAF fans out there, like @Dabihwow or @bubbabrotha ; a lot of the theorist community seems cool too. But believe me, bandwagoners can ruin everything.

Edit: Just realized you are Dabihwow lmao.

Post edited by SCP_FOR_DBD on
  • bubbabrotha
    bubbabrotha Member Posts: 1,138
    Options

At the risk of sounding self centered, I wish more people were like me. I love fnaf, and would like for spring trap to be included, but I'm certainly not obsessed to the point where I hate everyone who said that spring trap wasn't on their most hyped killer list.

• Dabihwow
    Options

Okay now I understand what you were trying to say, and yeah I agree, I ######### hate it when people do that. It just ruins the franchise. Although for Fnaf it doesn't have as many, as before

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    Options

Yeah, if more people acted like you did I'm positive FNAF wouldn't be as hated as it is.

• Dabihwow
    Options
  • Lufanati
    Options

baby character. terrible writing. may as well be a deviantart oc

• Lufanati
    Options

F13 was easy as hell as a counselor, so long as you weren't one of the first 3 Jason went for. The fact that you're pointing to it like it was so hard for counselors to escape is laughable.

• SCP_FOR_DBD
    Options

We all have day where the temptation of the "######### it" mentality is overpowering.

• deadbyhitbox
    deadbyhitbox Member Posts: 1,117
    Options

Crazy. I wonder why. It's almost like fans who ask for it are insanely obnoxious about it.

• LuffyBlack
    Options

Exactly. I'm wondering if that person even played it.

• itsaconehead
    itsaconehead Member Posts: 236
    Options

Not get punished for being selfish, tell that to my -1000 points because I betrayed a councillor...they totally ran in front of the car...it totally wasn't me trying to get the Chad is a D trophy. In all seriousness though, I've went back to F13 and I forgot how much I loved it, I used to hate how random it was but now it gives it something exciting.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options

Sick of the springtrap you clearly can't even read the thing you're quoting.

Quote you referenced is not saying springtrap is the most requested it's saying it's the most argued and contestant about.

People wanting Jason or pennywise is pretty much agreed upon with very little arguments.

If you're going to qoute something make sure you read it properly

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187
    Options

I don't know if you're drunk or delusional, but I see loads of people arguing over Jason or Pennywise, much more than Springtrap, where are you pulling these lies from lmao, get real

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    edited November 2020
    Options

People rarely arguing about Jason usually they want in the game the argument against him is he already has a game.

Pennywise or Jason to be included is usually something the vast majority of people one hence why it's not argue as much.

Springtrap usually has people arguing for and against it very frequently. Jason and pennywise usually have people rooting for them and very really arguing against them.

Jason and pennywise are the two most requested Killers

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428
    Options

Here’s the thing people have to remember, and I mean, REALLY remember, is this. Though it may not seem like it, places like the DBD Reddit, forums, Twitter or whatever, are the vocal minority. We have 20 million players and growing but, when it comes to these sites, the numbers can be very bloated. Just think of how many people that have created a account on these sites to comment or talk like once or twice and that’s it. Yeah, the forums have a lot of members on it but, once again, I see a LOT of repeat people discussing topics. That’s like seeing the polls section because, as neat as they are, I see quite a few of the same people popping up in those polls.

Too get to your question though, yeah, he’s pretty divisive on these sites, though, yet again, I still personally believe it’s just the vocal minority arguing with each other while the silent majority would just be happy with another cool chapter. We can make arguments both for and against that idea all day so I won’t go further into that. Some counter arguments against him have already been brought up, such as the FNAF community acts like children. Although, in my opinion, that’s every “community” that has ever existed and will exist in the future. Every single one of them as their bad apples, trust me, this community isn’t any saint either, hell, some of the replies in this thread can attest to just how childish it can be. Just look at how the community acted when pops time was getting changed.

Another one is that some just don’t find it scary and, that’s fine. Just remember this though, horror is up there as being one of the most subjective topics ever, right up there with comedy. What will be scary to me will not be scary to you. I’m scarred of heights, some would say that’s a ludicrous thing to be scared of and that’s ok, as long as they see why I would be then that’s fine. Others are scared of spiders and, though I’m not scared of them, I can see why. A good friend of mine is absolutely terrified of animatronics, can’t stand them and some would make fun of her for it but, once again, we are all scared of different things.

Now, some say they want other horror characters in first and, once again, that’s fine, we all have characters we’d like to see added first but saying it would be a waste of time and money or that he isn’t iconic enough for dbd is a bit harsh imo. I have said this time and time again, it is not OUR game, it is BHVR’s game. What they see as a good fit for their game is up for them to decide to pour they’re money and effort into, that decision just won’t ever be made by us. Also, what is “iconic” is a very wishy washy blanket statement. Some are indisputable, Jason or Myers as a example, they are absolutely iconic characters that will always be around in one way or another. However, are characters like Candyman or Pumpkinhead on that level? I personally don’t think so and that raises another issue. There are different levels of iconic.

One final one I see people bring up a lot is that they got sick of it with just how much it keeps on getting brought back up and, yeah, don’t have much to say on that one because it definitely gets annoying. Though, I personally don’t find it much more annoying then when Candyman was getting talked about constantly at one point or the never ending topics like NOED OP, DS OP, killers toxic, survivors are toxic, I’m quitting the game blah blah blah.

Anyways, that’s my TED talk and I’ll just say this, everyone has a right to their opinions. Some will say they don’t want it while others, like myself, will sit there and say we do, just like ANY other licensed chapter that is brought up. Can we please just not be a ass to each other for different opinions or other communities though? Honestly, I think @StibbityStabbity and @APoipleTurtle are very good examples at making your points heard but not being rude about it. Props to the both of you and the rest being nice as well. :)

• LuffyBlack
    Options

That was me. I was ushering everyone to the cops and was being inspirational over the chat, I like to sort of get in character for Tommy, and before I got there someone ran me over and was like "######### YOU I WANNA LIVE!!!" I died laughing. I haven't played in a while, but I'd love to get back into it.

It has a magic Dead by Daylight does not. That's why when I see people take Friday seriously like the person I was debating with, I get confused. It lacks the competitive elements DBD has. I don't take playing Friday seriously at all. Not enough to throw a fit, unless someone's being a douchebag.

• LuffyBlack
    edited November 2020
    Options

From what I've seen only one side is being incredibly rude and dismissive and that's the nay sayers. They come in and shout down anyone who wants Springtrap then proceed to insult FNAF's fanbase as if ours don't have a massive amount of cringe in it. Hell, I see a lot of cringe in these forums too. "Kate is so beautiful!" "How big are Kate's boobs?!" or my personal favorite "Waaaaaaah I dun want LGBT in DBD! Waaaah!!!" to name a few.

• LuffyBlack
    Options

That's fine. I wasn't bothered by it, but I can't speak for the OP.

The thing about Dead by Daylight is that it's a celebration of horror and its role in pop culture. It's the Smash of horror games. Stranger Things, Silent Hill, and Left 4 Dead are still rather young franchises compared to their peers features in DBD yet they're still iconic. FNAF is no different. FNAF played a huge role in survival horror objectively so to me Springtrap has earned his spot with the others.

• Hex_Stalk
    Hex_Stalk Member Posts: 488
    Options

Same can be said about the "Iconic" killers. These guys just aren't scary when you get older. You can't say "It's only scary if you're young" about one thing, and not say the same about allllll the others that are the exact same way.

• LuffyBlack
    Options

The Nightmare series literally moved towards comedy/horror after the first two movies.

• sudintlink
    sudintlink Member Posts: 188
    Options

The thought of that just gave me a stroke of laughter thank you. I don't know how I would feel if he was added.

• LintyScorpion
    LintyScorpion Member Posts: 165
    Options

You have 21 posts so far, and I am almost 100% sure it is ALL about adding Springtrap into DBD, no one likes spam, and Springtrap simply isn't an iconic killer. Both factors (especially the spam) makes me not want Springtrap in with a burning passion, FNAF isn't even a good game, it's just full of cheap jumpscares, the fanbase is terrible, and it makes me cringe anytime someone mentions bringing a killer from a children's game into DBD

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035
    Options

I think you mean divisive, not decisive. That is all.

• Revzi100
    Revzi100 Member Posts: 529
    Options

friday the 13th is trash with massive and i do mean massive game ques

• Revzi100
    Revzi100 Member Posts: 529
    Options

no its not far too long game ques, ive even waited half hour for a game maybe longer

• LuffyBlack
    Options

Well the game is dying or at least on life support. My only suggestion is to back out of the que then try loading in or another game. People leaving after they're killed like morons don't really help either.

• LuffyBlack
    Options
  • itsaconehead
    itsaconehead Member Posts: 236
    Options

I think that day I ran over a Debbie oops, but I mean I was playing Chad and had to get into character. The game does have that magic that also makes it funny, it's a game I can chill on instead of feeling like I'm against sweaty players. The only thing I do on F13 to avoid being annoyed is muting people that scream or blast music through their headsets.

• Creepa99
    Creepa99 Member Posts: 80
    Options

Yes exactly, playing killer on DbD is like playing as a cod pro in a tournament. You have to sweat your ass off just to slightly do good.