Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

This game desperately needs an option for non-ranked game options.

zippie
zippie Member Posts: 39
edited November 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

Just BP no pips. Give people the chance to try out new builds, new tactics, new combinations, obnoxious skins and just mess around without the fear of de-piping. If pipping wasn’t a concern, imagine how much more relaxed some of these games could be. Imagine without a pip hanging over your head how less toxic people would be. There would be a mutual understanding that in a non-ranked match people are going to be playing casually or trying things out. No need to be toxic toward someone if you know they’re probably running a weird build or just being silly.

I know it may reduce the “horror” aspect if you’re not scared of losing a pip, but I think it would deescalate some of the tension I see in these and other forums, and it would almost certainly bring players back who left.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• IMhereRUN
    IMhereRUN Member Posts: 606

I vote no.

I’m all for adding an Unranked Match mode, and even including items/perks/add-ons for free like a public KYF, but there would have to be zero rewards, including the BP you mentioned.

If you still earn BP, nothing really separates the ranked from unranked aside from a number in the top-right of your screen that means and does nothing.

• ThePolice
    ThePolice Member Posts: 801

Whats the issue with people not wanting to play non ranked more than ranked lol

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929

no, it would split the community and people could just go and grief against new players.

• Ribbles
    Ribbles Member Posts: 115
    edited November 2020

How are you supposed to know if your "new builds, new tactics, new combinations" are even working if no one is playing seriously? Makes zero sense.

• Golden_spider
    Golden_spider Member Posts: 587

1) Splits the playerbase, enjoy having even worse matchmaking because a now hypothetical 50/50 split.

2) Enjoy a higher likelyhood of unbalanced matches because Unranked by definition has nothing to match you with players of similar skill/playtime.

3) KYF exists

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

This would NOT help. If anything it would terrorize you worse. The creepy weirdos who just get their kicks going after weaker prey (you know the types that Smurf or purposely lower their own Ranks on purpose). All you would be doing is holding up a sign that says, easy kills here. They would just "say" they are there for the casual game and proceed to curb stomp you. Sickos who refuse to play in their own fast lane.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,096

I've been asking for this. There's no reason that ranked should be the only option, not this far into a game's lifetime.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

It would help... Not in the short term but in the long term... Plus all they need to do it copy/paste this MM to the "Unranked"

Then make a new MM (which I have a few ideas for)

Would be nice

The community is leaving in droves... it's time to say "(Bad Word) it"... As for grief against new players (it's already happening)

1) I would take longer queues to have a match that I can try new things on

2) The MM is kinda like that already

3) Some players don't have 4 friends to play KYF (like me)

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104

go play KYF

a unranked game mode would be awful unless you the best of either side. literally no reason to add it other than to try to make things easier as a red ranked player.

also once players understand that the risk of getting newbies can ruin there games it wil die off as only new and red ranked would use unranked.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620

Actually... ranks have zero sense in a game that is not supposed to be competitive, besides it's not working as intended so the devs could just remove it. Red ranks thinks of this game as competitive and when they are paired with a newbie they bully them, with no rankings there would be zero reason to bully another player since it doesn't matter, you don't have anything to brag about. With ranks it's like "look at me, I am red and you're yellow. I am far better than you" which causes toxicity in both sides.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
  • DaKnight
    DaKnight Member Posts: 720

I think the MMR experiment did show that ranks DO matter. Giving rank 1 killers rank 20's to play with was an absolute disaster and ruined the game for a week. Who knows how many noobs quit during that time period?

There is a large skill gap within red ranks but at least people who got there have played the game for long enough to have an idea what they are doing. Crossplay I find very interesting since you can find some solo Q console players who have clearly found their way up to red ranks with their own build and playstyle and it's totally unique and was developed in a vacuum. Unlike PC players who are typically full meta.

I have almost no fun playing killer against survivors way below my skill level, it ends in very stompy games.

DBD is still a competitive game, just not as hardcore as some of the others since it's more of a battle royal in solo Q. The only thing that separates a competitive game from a non competitive game is monetary reward, and there have been some DBD tournaments.

• Terro
    Terro Member Posts: 1,171

An unranked queue leads to ppl just trolling, holding the game hostage, tunneling, camping, and just generally doing whatever they want cuz it doesn't matter. Then you get ppl salty that you're trying too hard or not hard enough. Then who knows if they add in harsher DC penalties in ranked and a DC penalty in casual. It's like ppl haven't played in games with rank and unranked games. sure make an unranked queue. If it drives ppl away then it drives people away. If it succeeds then okay.

• Saitamfed

I do believe that competitive games have clear ways of winning. But What's a win for you? As a survivor is escaping yet having a liow amount of BP and a depip or is it being killed yet having many BP and a double pip? As a killer it's your goal to kill four survivors and getting a depip and a low amount of BP? Or is it to make chases longer and getting a pip with a high amount of BP?

That as a first point, as a second point. Are there the exact numbers of objectives? No, as a killer you have more, not only chase/hook but protect gens, as a survivor only fix gens, even if you don't save anybody you still are able to escape

Being that said. Would you say Mario Party is competitive? No, it's a party game, of course you could turn it into competitive if you want to but it's not the main idea.

The same as DbD, DbD is not a competitive game, it's a party game, for being competitive it needs:

Clear goals

The same chances to achieve those goals or similar ones at least

A similar number of objectives

The same number of characters in each side, or making the part that has less characters having certain handicaps. As an example, you can tell me the killer run faster than survivors and whether that's true, the killer also is 0,8 seconds slower than a survivor to vault, a killer needs a certain amount of time to kick gens while survivors just need to tap said gen to stop the gen regression. A killer has a large terror radius which makes survivors naturally aware of where the killer is, a killer need certain amount of perks to achieve the same thing

So no, it's not a competitive game and the "try to win" actually it's made by the human nature of the people but I could just chill with the killer and farm and that would be ok, even the devs said it was ok to farm in that way. If it were competitive then any form of "chill" should be forbidden since it's a competence, a test.

• carnage4u
    carnage4u Member Posts: 338

Nothing says many people wouldn't go into unranked with the same best combos. Thinking unranked means everyone will play "Fun" perks and just play friendly is not a realist belief.

• Saitamfed

So a game is competitive because it had a tournament on it?

I participated in a tournament of Sonic Shuffle for dreamcast to see who was better or faster and the game is not competitive. For a game to be competitive you need to think in the reason of its existence. Dead by daylight main purpose is not "smash your opponents", it's have fun in a scary environment trying to avoid a killer, and having fun as a killer trying to avoid them from escaping.

The game IS NOT competitive, you might want it to be, but that's on you.

• DaKnight
    DaKnight Member Posts: 720

I don't follow that logic. The purpose of DBD is to either kill the survivors, or escape. Just like the purpose of counter strike is to shoot your opponents.

DBD allows for a ton of skill expression once you have played it for a while. Me? I'm bored of traditional FPS games by now, they are all the same to me at this point.

I think E-sports are a joke, literally made up by the companies who created the games. That's the only thing separating a competitive game from a non competitive game. It's just how serious do you want to take it.

• ZaKzan
    ZaKzan Member Posts: 544

DBD pits two sides against each other. One side wins, one side loses. You can claim anything you want about the game, but the game is, by definition, a competitive game.

Name one single game ever created in the history of mankind, including non video games, that pit players against each other that isn't competitive.

• BillyMain77
    BillyMain77 Member Posts: 415

This would just make que times slower. Rank already doesnt mean anything.

• eiredrake
    eiredrake Member Posts: 98

It would be nice to be able to make a custom game and add a rando or two to pad things out. Every time I play against one friend the damn hatch spawns next to them and poof game over.

• batax90
    batax90 Member Posts: 879

This game cant afford to split the player it take already some time before you find a match add a new mode in the mix and good luck finding a game under 5 minute

• Sirris
    Sirris Member Posts: 43

I'd highly appreciate this due to the very real possibility of me losing a game to photosensitive epilepsy, but most people don't have photosensitive epilespy and it would deffo affect queue times "/