The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Blights FOV is so low I'm losing survivors in literal grass

gibblywibblywoo
gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
edited September 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

I don't know if its just me but when I'm in an area like a safe loop where I cant really justify using hi spower I;m constantly losing survivors due to not being able to see them in the loop. Or in one case, looking down to dodge a flashlight only to lose the claudette when I turn back because the grass is blocking distant scratch marks.

I realised when loading in that Blights lower jaw in his standing animation is level with the top of a shrub on Haddonfield, yet in first person the shrub takes up well over 80% of the screen and is clearly taller. I really don't understand why his fov has to be so short.

Its ruining my enjoyment a bit.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• gibblywibblywoo

I'm losing survivors more than I do when I stop to place a trap at the loop as Hag and they run off. Or Nurse fatigue. I love pretty much everything else about him even if I suck right now but this is really hampering my enjoyment.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553

I dont understand why short killers don't cause the grass to be transparent when they are walking through them, especially The Pig. its already detrimental to sneak around for long periods of time due to the movement speed, on top of that you can barely see in front of you. I couldnt imagine speeding through grass as Blight, you could lose the survivor immediately.

• Perfectnomad
    Perfectnomad Member Posts: 89

Shadowborn seems to help a lot. Same with M&A. Tried both and was able to track easier.

• gibblywibblywoo

I plan on getting Shadowborn at some point. Maybe Ruin, undying, Shadowborn and Brutal strength will end up my final build.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

IDK I don't have this problem. I just sit up straight so I can see over the top of the screen better.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,740

I have this issue with the added benefit of his low FOV making me literally, violently throw up. Shadowborn tier 3 is a must right now for me, because otherwise he's literally unplayable.

I thought Nurse was bad, he's even worse.

BHVR please fix his camera height.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

Where were you all for the Q&A question voting? We could have an official dev answer and maybe even a soonTM it will be adjusted or something..

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Yeah, his FoV is a little too low. I like the uniqueness, but I also really do lose survivors at loops because I cannot hear footsteps and cannot see... Anything.

• DaddyFatSacks420
    DaddyFatSacks420 Member Posts: 183
    edited October 2020

When you start match as blight you can see where his eyes are and where his hands are (chest height) then the camera moves to first person and his POV is in his chest behind his hands. But I have the most blatant proof of his POV being too low, if you stand with a light source above and behind and face a wall (bottom floor of house with the gen on bedham and lampkin lane, if you go down the stairs from the garage and look at the wall to the right) the blight’s shadow shows you a 1 to 1 version and you’re clearly looking from your chest. If they want to keep his POV height they need to make him shorter as it stands now it’s awkward and obviously not right

Post edited by DaddyFatSacks420 on
  • DaddyFatSacks420
    DaddyFatSacks420 Member Posts: 183

The blights POV is at the same height if not slightly lower than the handles on lockers

• Dead_By_Devs
    Dead_By_Devs Member Posts: 40

Maybe is the chucky theory correct... rumors say that the blight was supposed to be chucky, which would explain his low height. xD