Ideas for Changes to Ash's Perks?

UnbeatableAsh
UnbeatableAsh Member Posts: 101
edited November 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

I'm writing a video on the treatment Evil Dead got in DbD right now and there's segments dedicated to Ash's perks, covering them and their genuine place in the game, as well as what possible changes could be made to them. I'd love to hear what some other people think. Especially in regards to Flip Flop and Buckle Up, as I think there's just a few tweaks needed to whip MoM into shape.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• DCisLIFE
    DCisLIFE Member Posts: 3

Mettle of Man should be unnerfed. So many tunneling and face camping killers these days that work around anti tunnel perks. There were ways around this and other factors that have reduced its effectiveness. Not to mention that NOED cancels it out.

• UnbeatableAsh
    UnbeatableAsh Member Posts: 101

MoM probably shouldn't be reverted to its very original state but I do think it should be stronger or easier to use than it is.

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,067

I had an idea about MoM a while back.

Getting 2 protection hits activates MoM.

While active, you can heal youself without a med-kit at 200% of the normal healing speed.

When fully healed MoM deactivates.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

Personally, as a solo player I really really like Buckle Up. It’s saved my butt plenty of times knowing not to bother helping someone I can see isn’t bothering to recover.

The only minor change I would make to the perk is that I’d like for it to have the Kindred treatment: whoever has Buckle Up equipped tells the team their recovery progress while slugged, and they can see the killers aura when revived from dying too.

• TheClownIsKing

No.

Old MoM punished killers for simply playing the game.

Killers shouldn’t be punished for doing what they’re supposed to do in a chase: hit survivors.

The protection hit requirement was a very healthy change.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,724

Flip Flop: Recovery progress is now converted at a 1:1 rate, capped at 50%/55%/60%

Buckle Up: Current effect + other survivors heal you from the dying state 50% faster.

Mettle Of Man: Needs 4 stacks to trigger it. Safe unhooks also grant stacks.

• XombieRocker
    XombieRocker Member Posts: 324

I've wanted this change for flip flop since it came out. Would make it a hell of a lot more useful.

• LiunUK
    LiunUK Member Posts: 944

mettle of man can stay the same.

buckle up: Unlocks potential in one's Aura-reading ability. The recovery progress of dying Survivors can be determined by the intensity of their Auras (at any range). When you heal a Survivor from the Dying state to injured, the heald survivor gains the endurance status effect for 4/6/8 seconds if the survivor is hit during this time it counts as a protection hit(this would help get mettle of man staks).

Flip-flop: You have an uncanny ability to escape the inevitable. While in the Dying State50% of your recovery progression is converted into wiggle progression when you are picked up by the Killer. if you escape the killers grasp by any means you break into a sprint at 150% of your normal running speed for a maximum of 3 seconds causes the Exhausted status effect for 60/50/40 seconds.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791
    edited November 2020

Mettle of Man rewards taking hits for teammates, and Flip-Flop and Buckle Up deal with downs.

Buckle Up works well with new WGLF and still has the aura reveal.

Mettle is risk/reward, but can easily be filled with some good teamwork.

Now it comes down to Flip-Flop. Flip-Flop only shines when left down long enough. And even then can just barely fail you. The main issue is 50% alone isn't enough, and that you will not get the chance to recover that 50%.

My idea is additively to the existing condition, that a percentage of the wiggle meter immediately fills up if you take a protection hit and get downed, or a teammate takes a protection hit for you while being carried.

This would actively prime the ability and reward people for taking risks.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

But Dead Hard is fine as it is? Lol.

The bottom line is that original MoM was fine. It was a one time use with a downside of the killer seeing your aura if you healed yourself afterword.

Killers just went ape about it because it was a strong perk. Dead Hard which gives you at least 3 free hits is much stronger than original MoM. Especially when multiple players on a team equip it.

• OllieHellhunter
    OllieHellhunter Member Posts: 703

Im hesitant to have flip flop be changed as I like it a lot. but the other 2 I only used for getting Adept so I couldnt care less what happens to em.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Agreed on flip flop. The main problem is that it just takes too long to max out the bar. It could be an actual alternative to DS with smart map knowledge by survivors.

Buckle Up I used while playing as adept ash recently and it does actually help with sluggers. A lot of Rank 1 survivors somehow still don't know that recovering is better than crawling in 95% of situations.

I really would have liked the WGLF buff to have been given to buckle up and just give WGLF faster unhooks or something.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Dead Hard is fine because it does have counterplay in most situations. I think Dead Hard for distance is dumb, but most of the time you are using it to dodge a hit. You can either make a right read and be rightfully rewarded, or you can make a bad read and go down.

With old MoM, that was not the case at all. You CANNOT avoid hitting Survivors. MoM is going to proc in 99/100 games. There is no read to make on Mettle of Man, there is nothing the Killer can to do prevent it, unless you count running a slug build as a viable strategy.

If old MoM comes back, we immediately see a new meta. Dead Hard, DS, Unbreakable (or Soul Guard) and MoM. Nobody wants that.

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893

Flip Flop=Increase the wiggle progression from 40/45/50% to 85/90/95%.

Buckle up=when you heal a survivor from dying to injured or from injured to healthy both the healed survivor and you see the killers aura for 5/10/15 seconds. If the survivor heals you. You both see the killers aura.

mettle of man=After you get 3 safe unhooks mettle of man activates. The next hit that would put you from injured to dying is ignored. This perk deactivates after it’s used.

• WTBacon
    WTBacon Member Posts: 593

The 100% heal speed that We're Gonna Live Forever has should have gone to Buckle Up.

• TheClownIsKing

It’s worth noting that Flip Flop has the “No Mither” effect. Once a killer realises a survivor has it, they won’t leave them slugged again. So regardless of any buffs or changes, survivors still need to accept that they’ll effectively get one use out of the perk.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

Mettle of man seems fine. I like the concept of the perk as it actually requires you to do something for a strong effect to take hold.

Filp flop

Keep the same effect but just make it so that you also see the auras of hooks when in the dying states

Buckle Up

Keep the same effect but also add so that when you pick up the person off the ground you and the person you pick up gain a 5% haste status effect for 3 seconds.

• GingerBeard
    GingerBeard Member Posts: 272

Don't know what I would do to MoM, but what if it was just changed entirely? Or at the very least gave something other than endurance? Just curious as I personally see the perk as more of a hindrance than anything. I guess it might be more useful in a SWF, but i'm a solo player so I dunno.

Buckle Up I tried to use, but it always felt like a waste since I could always tell about how much a survivor has recovered just by paying attention. How would I change it? I would probably make it base kit, minus the aura reading, and give it a different effect while still being themed around slugs.

With Flip Flop I would be fine with the earlier suggestion of increasing the ration to 100% and putting a cap on it.

• XombieRocker
    XombieRocker Member Posts: 324

True, but one use is still better than none. Even with the 1:1 progression, it's still a relatively weak perk.

• ThePolice
    ThePolice Member Posts: 801

I think mettle of man should only take 2 stacks

flip flop should be 1:1 at a cam of like 50/55/60%

buckle up should also give the survivors a speed boost after picking someone up/ being picked up and the effect should apply to survivors looking at you on the ground, so they can see you’re recovery progress. Or maybe even be like kindred and show the killers aura within a range of the survivor

• Simonete
    Simonete Member Posts: 12

I agree with what most people are saying about MoM and Flip Flop, but I got my own ideas for Buckle Up

For every Pallet stun, gain a token up to a maximum of 1/2/3 tokens. Every token grants you a 2% speed boost while in chase.

Getting hit removes a token.

Getting hooked removes all tokens.