What I think is the main "problem" of the Deathslinger

White_Owl
White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
edited November 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

I see often people complaining about the Ds and quickshots, but personally I think that is what makes this killer unique, and I think it makes for good chases since both killer and survivor must always check for good positioning. The problem imo is what happens after being harpooned: as a survivor 99% of the time you spectate a cutscene of you being reeled toward the killer. The very small amount of control and fast speed at which the Ds reels the chain (especially when he walks backward) makes it extremely unlikely to use the environment against him.

In my opinion, if the reeling were changed to give survivors a bit more control (just not allowing the killer to walk backwards would help a lot) the whole process would be more interactive and would lead to less frustration overall.

Comments

• eiredrake
    eiredrake Member Posts: 98

it's not a cutscene.. run sideways and put stuff between you and the Deathslinger. You can break the chain pretty easily. Even if it's another player you have between you and the Slinger.

• Heckabecca
    Heckabecca Member Posts: 10

If survivors can reliably counter the harpoon there would be no reason to play as Deathslinger. He's barely a functional killer as it is. Nerf any individual aspect of him and he's toast.