The promised LGBT characters

Options

Remember this ?

It's been 6 months now, so a total of 2 chapters, and 2 rifts

The total amount of LGBTIA characters in Dead by Daylight is now : zero :D

Not to be that girl, but for something, quoting Mathieu here, "important for him", 6 months, with 4 brand new characters, and the rifts giving lore on a lot of people... Zero is quite a pathetic number for a promised representation. This is even I would say hypocritical, and I'm even ready to bet (and would be happy to lose) that those words could completely be empty and that next June, for Pride month, we would get the same discourse about how representation matters and they could perfectly not have added since then anyone that is queer. Even Nea that is, like, largely the most queer-coded character did not getting anything that would canonize it.

And before you start, no i dont care about your blatant lgbtphobia, and no there is no debate about if there should be queer characters in dead by daylight (which at some point i can understand given it's a video game about murdering people), the point is : they publicly announced introducing sexual/gender diversity in their game aaaaand... nothing, absolutely nothing, and that you want or not that there are lgbt characters in dbd, the point is, they promised something, in a very formal way, and did nothing after, without even giving an explanation or something to say they changed their minds cause "oh no, maybe killing queer people in our video game is not so cool so uh, let's go back to our first plan". which, we'll be all honest, is bad whatever the context, see how halloween event went for example.

That's all, that was a rant, I hope they will prove me wrong, but for now, I just see just a little bit of queerbaiting from your part BHVR, but hopefully soon we get our rep, it's so important to Mathieu after all :)

Comments

This discussion has been closed.