The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

DC Penalties are stupid

tylxr_jay
tylxr_jay Member Posts: 76
edited October 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

For some reason when killers dc randomly me and my other swf get the penalty ourselves for no apparent reason even tho its not me that disconnected.

secondly for how buggy and how much dbd can crash its kinda stupid to have a dc penalty. the amount of times ive gotten matchmaking banned for my game crashing is unreal.

Yous really need to worry about optimising the game as a whole before worrying about annoying ######### like dc penalties.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• BlackendSea
    BlackendSea Member Posts: 49

i Agree. Ive seen more people not load into the match before it even begins which annoying. Disconnects still do occur even with the penalty. Two people dced because of a leather face camping. My input would be to have a penalty for the people who deliberately press the leave match button. The people who dc because of internet issues or dbd problems get a join back button and maybe get like a little penalty. I dunno but dbd is giving me more stressed about dcing than enjoying the game. Idk. I know that I’ve never left a match deliberately. If anything I kill myself on hook. If there was a join back button it would be better

• Chechia
    Chechia Member Posts: 234

I had a defect memory the last time the DC penalty was activated. I had around 4-5 crashes in a row every single day and I only got hit with the penalty twice. Don't really know why some people are having heavy issues with that and some don't. After I fixed the problem with my memory I never had crashes again. The game itself runs pretty stable aside from a few error's here and there. So I think you should check your PC.

Oh and btw: I rather have a ban for 5 minutes when my game crashes than having a DC almost every second game. The game was unplayable without the penalty. There are just too many broken ego's in the game right now for the penalty to be switched off.

DBD is a great game but it sadly consist of alot of babies.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited October 2020

I may have crash twice in the 4 years I've had this game. Id rather a handful of people get slapped with a 5 min wait then thousands of people dc'ing every time they get downed first and rage quit with no penalty.

• FattiePoobum
    FattiePoobum Member Posts: 293

I keep hearing about people wanting a join back button.

Surely this would get abused by people intentionally dcing then rejoining at a time where they would have the most advantage .

for those who advocate it, how could it work without being abused? Maybe a timer or something?

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620

Funny how everyone seems to had "ragequit matches" when I barely had one. I mean it happended but as a killer I play as bad as I can. Many killers are "If I see someone unhooking you in my face and they have no BT, it's their fault" but it's not about whose fault it is. It's about how frustrating it is. And as I said in many comments no being tbagged or genrushed is not fun either but please. Can some people say how biased they are? They probably have 2 or 3 matches where they are genrushed and they treat "those salty survivors" like everyone is like that. And it's the same with survivors. Can everyone try to have a little fun and chill?This is a game, not a job, if you don't like it then why are yo forced to do it? "You logged in the match" And? Games are supposed to be fun so if someone is not having fun then they have the right to quit. If I am playing soccer and no one ever pass the ball to me or they mock at me. Why should I keep playing? I don't agree to play like that and someone agrees to play a game because it's fun (and don't go with the "fun is subjective" statement because you know what I mean with unfun) when it's no fun then there's not really a point. "That person ruins the match for everyone" And a killer camping said person don't ruin the fun for said player? So... talking about double standars and yes. DC's are against the rules while camping is not, but that's derailing the point, the point is there are things that are unfun as a killer and as a survivor, if you ruin another person match on purpose then don't come crying on the forum "I had a mori challenge and yet everyone DC'ed, BHVR should do something against it" but in the real match as soon as you hooked someone you camped him with insidous. See what I mean? If you're ruining things for everyone because is not against the rules yet you know how bothering it can be then don't complain when those survivors start acting sweaty with their click clicks and t-bag because that's not against the rules either. Toxicity leads to toxicity.

• BorkerFACE1776
    BorkerFACE1776 Member Posts: 4

I hate getting into a match with an Iridescent king and queen and my internet cuts out, then I get a match making ban.

• IrishLuv
    IrishLuv Member Posts: 11
    edited November 2020

@Moundshroud Let me chime in;

My game keeps crashing right after loading a match. It's been doing it several times a day all week. I'm on my second 30 minute ban from this. It does the same thing on both my home consoles, and on my boyfriend's console, and there are many people here on the forum with the same issue...so no. It isn't a hardware issue, it's the game.

If their algorithm can't differentiate between a quit and a crash, they shouldn't have DC bans.