The DC ban timer is awful.

furret534
furret534 Member Posts: 77
edited November 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

Just got into a match with a hacker, so I DC'd. Now I'm banned. What a great mechanic!

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117

Wow, 5 whole minutes. You could've just went and got a drink and came back and been done with it.

• furret534
    edited November 2020

The problem isn't that I got banned for 5 minutes, the problem is I got banned in the first place for playing against a hacker. Clearly you don't mind hacking or been against one and that makes me question whether I should have even cared enough to reply to you.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,766
    edited November 2020

Cool, I hope you got video evidence and reported them in the correct way so they're banned from the game instead of whining on the forums only!

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • furret534

While I didn't get video evidence I did report them and I hope they're banned from the game sooner than later. I'd also like to apologize for calling that person brain dead, I was pretty tilted at the moment. To make my point clear for anyone who doesn't understand: The DC penalty should not exist, because players always have a reason to DC. I haven't met anybody who thought that their sole goal in a match was to DC by the end.

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,105

The only valid reason to dc is a real life problem coming up. Dcing in general is very unsportsmanlike. Just because something happens that you don't like doesn't make it right to dc.

• furret534

I feel like you don't really get the point either. People DC for a reason. I don't think I've met anyone who hasn't had a valid reason to DC unless they've missed DS, which I do think isn't a valid reason. People will typically DC because they got tunneled, camped, or something (Like a hacker) comes up. I do agree, a DC that someone shouldn't have done is annoying, but how many times have you had someone DC for the reason "I wanted to because things were completely fair on both ends".

• Eleghost
    Eleghost Member Posts: 1,105
    edited November 2020

That's not a valid reason. dcing because you got tunneled or camped or whatever isn't a good reason. It's unsportsmanlike and sad to say it will happen. Don't act like it's fine to ruin things for other players because something didn't go your way. Being mad and rage quitting is never an excuse

• Xbob42
    Xbob42 Member Posts: 1,117
    edited November 2020

No, the problem is that you think the game experience for the majority should be worse so you aren't met with the occasional minor inconvenience. People disconnecting for a million random reasons ("I don't like this map" "He used X offering" "Oh, not this killer again" "I got hit first" "I got found first" "They all brought flashlights" etc etc ad infinitum) just makes the game experience very unpleasant. The DC penalty, while it doesn't eliminate this (some folks will eat the penalty, and some will suicide on hook) you only need to compare your experience before and after the DC penalty is eliminated; it goes from being nearly every game to being a rarity.

Yes, sometimes you'll run into a hacker or something (I have yet to see one doing anything I could say was obvious hacking, and while my 600 hours isn't the same as someone else's 4,000, zero hackers in 600 hours is pretty damn good) and the fact that you have to eat a minor penalty for that sucks, but it's a small price to pay in exchange for every other match not sucking for all the people who don't DC.