We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

NOED Is complete bs and outdated

tj0108
tj0108 Member Posts: 71
edited November 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

and before you just comment “do bones” listen here.

bones are situational, if you see a totem then cleanse it but in a fast past game (especially in red ranks) you simply don’t have time to run around like a headless chicken confirming that all 5 totems have been cleansed.

Its not a perk that assists bad killers, it’s a perk that completely carries them and rewards them for being bad *cough cough just like bloodlust cough cough*

Recently, i had a game where i ran a legion for 5 gens and got downed to noed and facecamped. my teammates were running around looking for it and only found it AFTER i had died on first hook.

Its not like it assists killers who made a few mistakes, no. You could be the worse killer in existence, mess up at every opportunity, not look after gens not know how to loop and still get a 4k because of a stupidly designed perk.

The perk is old, badly designed, way to powerful, rewards killers for being bad, punishes survivors for being good and is overall a bad perk. Noed needs to be looked into, i’m sick of being punished for playing good. It’s actually sad that people in red ranks still run it.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• tj0108

even if it’s a 1k, that doesn’t make it fair. why should that survibor be punished for the killer being trash? i’m not saying remove noed. i’m saying look into it.

• tj0108
    edited November 2020

bloodlust gives killer up to 15% speed for being trash at loops and noed rewards killers for being bad in general.

you played poorly, messed all your loops up, failed to protect gens, struggled to get hooks, camped, tunneled and want undeserved kills? Here, have a noed.

• 53nation
    53nation Member Posts: 681

Someone once suggested having 5 lit candles in the basement to represent the number of totems still on the map. It's not half bad.

The only reliable noed counter for solo q I've found, is basically don't get hit first. In my experience, cleansing all 5 totems usually ends with your team dead @ 1 gen left.

• tj0108

agree. noed is outdated and needs looking into. you could play absolutely terrible and scummy and walk away with kills. especially when they slug.

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864

Considering how survivor sided this game used to be, I'm surprised NOED withstood and hasn't been nerfed. I hate the perk, but OP the NOED nerf/rework is never coming.

• tj0108

Im all for a ds nerf. i dont use it on survivor anyway cause i know how bs it is

• megdonalds
    megdonalds Member Posts: 742

Yes sadly it is. NOED rewards good and bad killers that's why it's BS. You can't "do bones" because there are literally only potatoes in every solo match nowadays. Only the generic brainless killers mains call do bones because they have never played survivor solo queue before, just facts.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

don't do bones

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

I myself have ran Noed but that was when I just got the game haven't ran it since. It's in my opinion a luck perk. There's been moments where the bones are gone killer is powerless. Other times it pops but makes no difference hits someone injured already dead on hook. Then it'll destroy us all. And it'll sting for a while. So personally I'll be fine if nothing happens. Though if it's changed I'll be fine with it also.

• ZFennecFox
    ZFennecFox Member Posts: 510

I just laugh a little when Noed pops up on my screen. I only question when it is used on a Killer that has the ability to insta-down already.

Other than that nope I think its fine totems are incredibly easy to find amd theres only 5 of them.

• Nosferatu3145
    Nosferatu3145 Member Posts: 542

45 seconds to reach that 15%, and with one dropped pallet that speed goes away.

And if NOED reward killers for doing poorly, it punishes lazy survivors who need 4 second chance perks and can't equip small game and do the bones.

• tj0108

i believe dead hard is powerful but not game breaking. Unbreakable can be countered by not slugging. Ds is complete bs and needs a nerf and borrowed time won’t be an issue if you don’t tunnel off hook.

Only time unbreakable is truly bs is when combined with ds

• carnage4u
    carnage4u Member Posts: 338

depending on how much I play, and who I play with I can be in red ranks as survivor and go to up to 10 at reset. I notice NOED is much more common with Rank 10 or worse killer ranks. very few higher level killers bother with it. So I expect it when facing certain level killers and worry more about it then.

• noctis129
    noctis129 Member Posts: 967

I'm not scared of no NOED. I use to be when I was a noob. Once u understand NOED, it's easy to counter.

Only noobs and mid level survivors are scared of NOED.

I run small game. And clear all bones by myself. But I get occasional teammates who laugh at me for running small game and tells me I'm a noob. The guy doesn't realize the game was easier becuz I cleared all the bones off the map.

Half the games I don't even get hooked once. I survive most my games.

But a mid level survivor tells me I'm a noob and that I need to learn how to play.

Bunch of scrubs...

• Halbix
    Halbix Member Posts: 42

Only way to counter swf and this ######### matchmaking.

And don't just do bones, keep track of bones. So you know where it might spawn.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

bones

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Because a survivor should be reward for the Killer being good.

I mean, come on. Both side have stupid stuff, 1 side complain will never work.

• Bullettimegod
    Bullettimegod Member Posts: 994

So about the bt off hook. You do realize survivors love unhooking infront of killers right? I mean seriously. Bt is abused. Sure is amazing when killer camps. But bro the amont of time bt happens cause i walked 2 feet away but they still in my terror radius and the person with bt comes to me for the hit to body block the unhooker. This is why i love playing freddy. It punishes unsafe unhookers

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

Well, the problem is honestly that high ranks have this mentality to get the match done as fast as possible.

Served them right to get their butts kicked for acting as if they have a high quota to meet instead of doing bones.

• Bullettimegod
    Bullettimegod Member Posts: 994

So imma just say this. Again. As i do every noed thread. Your goal as a survivor is literally to escape. A killers job is to kill.

Just cause you did all 5 gens doesnt mean you won. It means you got closer to escaping.

Sucks you got noeded but i dont have any sympathy for a perk that can be countered easily.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,974

Yeah like DS, the anti-tunnel perk that is also good against non-tunneling killers, and is also a skill check instead of guaranteed.

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903

so to you DS: doesn't help people that make mistakes, BT: doesn't help people that make mistakes, The hatch: doesn't help people that makes mistakes. all of these reward bad game play on behalf of the survivor. you want to call noed outdated DS is outdated, BT is outdated.... lets get rid of them as well... i will even give you a bone: keep borrowed time so it's a one to one perk elimination. now lets address the hatch. this is a crutch that i find laughable! WHY? because I have seen people searching for the hatch when there are 3 gens remaining and 4 survivors remaining. as killer I love it, as survivor I hate it when this happens because it means someone is not doing things.

and NOED: by the words of NOT QUEEN "If you are not doing bones it is on the survivors when NOED happens." why? bones are a secondary objective. a killer's primary is to sacrifice/kill survivors, a survivor's primary objective is to get gens done. The killer's secondary objective is to kick generators, the survivors secondary objective is to take down totems this is an even exchange. so if you don't want NOED do bones! but because you think it's out dated like this i'm gonna tell all my friends to run it and I will run it on every killer that has it. WEEE enjoy your noed and before you call me trash do realize that I can 4K without noed even being activated! and I've 4k'd with three perks! not 4! how bad am I now? lol

• tj0108

I refuse to use ds. i think its an unfair and unbalanced perk.

Although i think bt is completely fair, if you dont tunnel you shouldnt have a problem with it, if people try to bodyblock just out wait it.

I dont mind hatch simply because its there to end games and stop people holding them hostage which is understandable, think, would you rather have a 40 minute game and get a 4k or a 10 minute game and get a 3k with hatch escape? i know what i would rather.

And i refuse to believe noed is an objective at all, its more of a utility to weaken the killer threwout the game in order to support you threwout the game (assuming they have hex perks)

• ChurchofPig
    ChurchofPig Member Posts: 2,763

Unless killers start complaining too there's no use to complain about NOED. There are counters to it and to act like those counters don't exist or are useless counters is just stupid. It really is luck if it activates and it's luck if you keep it. Generally if you're bad at killer you might get 1 or 2 kills with NOED but you probably won't get 4. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but I'm not sure it's as often as you're making it sound.

• TransverseCaster
    TransverseCaster Member Posts: 543

tldr Do bones.

• Guilty87
    Guilty87 Member Posts: 60

I have suggested in the past that survivors should see they are exposed as soon as the 5th gen is completed similar to when myers enters tier 3. Making it a surprise is what really sucks about noed.

• Justalittlepeeck
    Justalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101

DS isn't an "anti-tunnel" perk. It's a pace breaker which punishes efficient fair play more than tunneling.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

To do bones or to not do bones

• Chechia
    Chechia Member Posts: 234

So, I used NOED in Red ranks for a while, not because I am a "bad" killer but because I was sick of getting gen rushed. (Yes, you can be a pretty good killer and still get gen rushed and there is nothing you can do about it. Surprise).

I used it for punishing survivors and not for carrying my mistakes. And if you really believe NOED punishes good survivors then you aren't as good as you think you are. It punishes survivors who are inefficient and tunnel visioned on getting out of the game. Nothing more. Sure, you can't control what kind of teammates you are getting but in your scenario where you looped the killer for 5 gens, there must have been plenty enough time for them to do bones. It isn't a badly designed perk because it works in these situations. It is a badly designed perk for other reasons. And honestly, even if the killer in your scenario wouldn't have used NOED, there would have been one kill for sure. Maybe not you but the only thing to do in endgame is to trade hooks. With that being said NOED didn't really changed the impact of your game. It didn't give the killer a snowball.

Coming back to my personal test with NOED in red ranks: It wasn't worth it. In most of my games where the survivors managed to do all the gens, it didn't even activated. With that being said I have never used it again. It is weak in my opinion. It only works if survivors are being extremely greedy on gens and not doing bones at all. Once you get your first 500 hours in the game as survivor, you will develop a feeling for totem spawns, so there isn't really a problem with that. There are even things that can help you with that. (Detevtive's Hunch, Maps). Even in Solo queue I barely have problems with it.

It is only a matter of getting good at overall coordination and efficiency as survivor. Being a good survivor doesn't just mean you are good at running from one pallet to another and using your surroundings smartly in a chase. There is more to it. And the overall design of the game is a 4vs1. That means the goal is to play efficient in a team and not just in a 1vs1 chase. It doesn't matter if you can loop the killer for 5 gens if your teammates are not using that time correctly. Your speficic problem here isn't a perk, it is the non existence of a good MMR System. NOED is only a threat in Solo Queue, and even then it is found very quickly in most scenarios.

Saying that NOED rewards bad killlers and only bad killers just shows me what a wrong perspection you have of the game. Maybe you don't play both sides, so it is a matter of being inexperienced, or maybe you are just biased in your overall thinking. I don't know honestly.

While it is true that low rank killlers will use it, because it is actually one of the best perks that you can get in the start, it doesn't mean it is a perk for bad players. Yes, a lot of bad killers are using it, mostly because they don't care. Good killers do have pride and since most survivors will throw shade at you for using it (completely unjustified in my opinion), they don't use it. It has counters though, it isn't a boosted perk at all. There are so many more nasty combos on the killer side that will do more than NOED. (a slugging build with knockout for example) It is only boosted if the survivors are allowing it. Hell...it can even be deactivated before the endgame starts. That alone is such a huge waste of a perk slot and I can't understand how people can complain about it. Survivors do have active control over this perk and they still manage to complain.

Bloodwarden is way more of a threat than NOED in my opinion. If you go for trades in the endgame and they don't expect you to have it, you can easiily make them confident enough to open the gates. NOED could never honestly. At least not against decent survivors. If you and your team are completely brainless when NOED actives and you don't get tf out or find the totem, that is completely your own fault. Survivors always tend to wanting everyone escape to a point where the killer gets more kills than he deserves. I know it isn't a nice feeling to let someone behind but that's also a thing survivors have to learn. Be smart and don't feed the killer kills for no reasons.

And honestly, if you managed to a loop a killer for 5 gens and you die in the end, you can die happy. Isn't it the most rewarding thing to have long chases as survivors? That feels a lot more rewarding than escaping. At least for me.

• MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053

bro how is it outdated it was changed so many times

• MommyDeRose
    MommyDeRose Member Posts: 74

I’m a killer main and ur definitely right about NOED being dumb. Doing bones is important and there should be a mechanic implemented that makes doing bones more essential in a way cause it’ll slow down gens a bit. But NOED as a perk needs a total rework, I personally don’t use it normally cause I feel like a dick and it’s unnecessary. Only time I do is when I see 4 flashlights and I toss it on with blood warden. NOED and DS go hand in hand with each other essentially. I play a ton of survivor too and understand each role, DS should deactivate when you touch a gen or are healed to full or do any action that isn’t vaulting a window or putting down a pallet. NOED shouldn’t be a free bail out for playing bad and keys shouldn’t be a bail out for playing bad and DS shouldn’t make you invincible basically for a full minute. Those 3 things plus maybe Moris are the worst things in this game in terms of perks/items/offerings. Only reason I say maybe to Moris, is because I like that each killer has a unique kill animation and stuff. The ebony one needs to go but I don’t see a reason for the yellow or green ones to be removed. Went off topic but yeah NOED needs a rework

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

But your example will never be fair. If you are able to run a killer for 5 gens, then there is a very big skill difference, and you should not have been playing vs a killer that way below your skill level in the first place. You dont want it fair, you just want it unfair for someone else.

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

NOED is even worse than it used to be with the Ruin/Undying meta that's now in place. Survivors are running maps and perks to hunt dull and lit totems as effectively as possible.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

Just do bones

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

I'm in Red Ranks and do Totems all the time.

Rubbing those totems until they collapse gives me life.

• voorheesgt
    voorheesgt Member Posts: 827

This is EXACTLY why NOED exists. Because of "high paced" matches... This is what killers generally refer to as gen rushing. If you are actively ignoring totems, you are gen rushing and not completing ALL objectives in order to win fast.

NOED is necessary for this reason. It forces sweaty teams to slow down or suffer in the endgame.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,367
    edited November 2020

You see, in the first post of you complaining about this, you already showed that you need to literally "just do bones"

You said:

• you simply don't have time to run around like a headless chicken confirming that all 5 totems have been cleansed.

Then you said:

• Recently, I had a game where I ran a legion for 5 gens and got downed to NOED and facecamped.

If you ran a legion for 5 gens, your team certainly had plenty of time to do the 5 totems on the map. Especially if during that time you got downed without getting hit, otherwise NOED wouldn't have made much of a difference.

The point of NOED is like the killer version of DS. DS is so strong, because as soon as you see an obsession you basically have to assume everyone on the team has it. NOED is good, because the survivors don't know the killer has it, so they always should keep in mind that it can happen and that they need to do bones.

On top of that, this meta for survivors is all about gen rushing. So much so that they often don't heal or go for hook saves in order to finish gens as fast as possible. NOED literally is the counter to that meta. If you don't like NOED, then stop gen rushing, and start doing totems, you'll see killers stop using NOED as much, because survivors are cleansing their totems. It'll also make the game more enjoyable, because it might last longer than 4 minutes.

What is funny is that, in our current world, Undying/Ruin is the meta perk combo, so it should be pretty standard for survivors to bring a totem cleansing perk like small game or detectives hunch, or a map. Also, if a killer is running Undying/Ruin, you can bet they probably aren't running NOED, because it would be pointless. The point of NOED is relying on totems NOT being cleansed, so you likely aren't going to run other hex perks with it, otherwise your dull totems will likely get cleansed while survivors are searching for your Hex(s).

In short.

JUST.

DO.

BONES.