Anyone else notice how the mods use the feedback section?

It seemed like before the [BAD WORD] show that they called an event. You could freely post in general.

But now if your post has any hint of a suggestion or criticism. it gets banished to feedback. Where the post will instantly lose traction. Especially annoying considering all of the traffic goes through general.

Comments

• ItzNobody
    ItzNobody Member Posts: 185

We don't talk about this in the forums for that same reason 🤣you're more or less putting a target on your head by being too honest and observant. Though now that i think about it, setting up a group about this sort of topic might be an intriguing idea. Still shush! I can feel their eyes watching you already as we speak... 😨

• chieften333
    chieften333 Member Posts: 1,554

You can't deny the fact that putting a post in feedback is essentially just killing it.

A couple of my posts have been put there and since then, no comments from any one.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

It's not their fault if people rarely use the feedback section.

The mods are just doing their jobs

• chieften333

Seems like they rarely did their job before the "event" then.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

People should look at the feedback section more, then.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,761

its the wrongthink section now. I've never had anything moved or moderated, yet I have zero "BHVR Read" after multiple years and a lot of topics about feedback. There is zero compulsion to interact with anything there because it is less front facing than something in more populated discussion channels.

You would think a sub forum named as such would require at least every topic to have some form of token argument against the original post, or more amenably an actual discussion regarding provided feedback. It functions more like a junkmail filter now.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

Eh. I'm pretty outspoken and nobody hassles me about anythin'.

Pretty sure they read the feedback and suggestions though. The only reason threads don't get many replies is because a suggestion isn't really a debate. If someone has an idea I can't really do much other than yay or nay it.

• chieften333

I remember I had posted an idea for a christmas event. Most everyone liked it, anyone who didn't only had small suggestions to change it. It had a large amount of attention going.

Then it was moved to feedback, havn't gotten anything from that post since...

• Inji
    Inji Member Posts: 1,096
    edited November 2020

The feedback section is the section where feedback on the game can be seen by the devs. The general section is for all other things that you want to discuss.

Feedback and/or suggestions dont get "banished" to the feedback section. This is the section where it is the most appreciated, since that is what the subforum is for when they wanna see said feedback. The interaction on the post does not weigh in on how valid that feedback is.

People are free to search for threads in the feedback section and respond to them, since they are still open for more feedback. As long as they follow the forum rules ofcourse.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,761
    edited November 2020

Another developer of a semi-large project I frequent is notorious for going out of his way to personally deliver judgement for every single suggestion people provide to the product he spearheads. And this is from people who have actual knowledge of the internals of the program, to random users who request features or complain about changes. his [No] responses have become a meme in the community, because he shoots down ideas constantly, but at least he addresses every single one, regardless of how valid or informed it is.

The devs can ignore any piece of feedback they get, thats their perogative. Having the feedback section be a one way street that leads into a brick wall with no reciprocating dialogue is not how a product improves, or even how it addresses its users concerns. You're more likely to get a response in defense of a decision to save face in general discussion than you are with discussion that gets express shipped to the forbidden archives of feedback.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

I posted in general discussions about plague and vomit and ASMR...

If was moved to off-topic.

I've had other posts moved out from general discussions.

It's not the Mod's fault if we don't post in the correct section.

I normally just post everything in general discussions even though it may need to be posted in another section.

• chieften333

But why would you post it in a section that gets little to no attention?

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
  • ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

I think there are too many posts in feedback and it's kinda bloating up to the point where ,if the Devs were to actually use this section of the forums for suggestions or feedback to their game, they'd have to dig through a lot of posts to get to the good ones. This obviously isn't the fault of the mods, it's just what happens when there are so many people on one forum. Would be interesting if it were possible to merge a bunch of threads together about one specific killer, or feature that had similar suggestions but that would take forever.

And I think another reason why people don't look at the feedback threads more when they get moved is because it shows up as "closed" in big red letters with 0 replies. Idk if something could be done about that.

• chieften333

Plus with some of the changes made to the game, it makes it questionable whether or not the devs actually read the feedback.

You can gauge public opinion on a change or decision better in general discussions. Which is funny because feedback seems like the place to go for actual feedback, but that isn't so.

• chieften333
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

Whose attention do you want, exactly? The forumgoers', who have no say in what happens to the game, or the devs', who do?

• jerakal
    jerakal Member Posts: 246

Standard damage control, out of sight, out of mind.

I'm sure they have terms for players who are aware of BS, and the ones that they can control easier. So they try to separate the two groups so nobody from the easy group gets converted.

• JoeyBob
    JoeyBob Member Posts: 477
    edited November 2020

TRUE

They'll probably close/remove this thread as well.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

The threads aren't hidden. If anything, this is a good reason for people to start browsing the whole forum instead of one section.