Is there a DLC character you regret buying?

Options

Could be different reasons but heres a few.

• The killer's power feels weak.
  • Difficult to master.
  • You just lost interest over time.

Comments

• TheButcher
    TheButcher Member Posts: 871
    Options

All of them (except Nightmare)

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    Options

fELIX

• JinSime
    JinSime Member Posts: 405
    Options

Quentin Smith. I got Vigil from the shrine not long after and I don't really care about him or his perks right now... Maybe if he got his face reworked to resemble a little more of the movie, I'd consider playing with him. But anyway, I hate his perks. Should've just bought Freddy.

I also regret buying Deathslinger. I like Zarina, but I don't like him or his perks. I'm horrible at aiming: what was I thinking?

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options

Not really. Piggy was kinda dissapointing, but thats it.

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,532
    Options

My all time favorite Killer I've bought is Legion. Went from Rank 20 to Rank 1 before I even tried another. They were the reason I switched from a pure Survivor player to a Killer/Survivor flex.

Bubba is probably my least favorite Killer I've bought. He feels really terrible to play and I only got him for BBQ. It was about 2-3 months before BBQ went on the shrine so the bloodpoints I earned were probably worth it. But it's just sad that I have a Killer that I hate that much. He does horrible in emblems because he's an insta-down Killer and the clumsiness of his power is just awful. It feels like you have no control over chase because you have to hug corners to get kills but the hitboxes of the environment are so weird that you sometimes hit things and go in to tantrum and feel absolutely cheated out of a down.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

Legion. Haven't played them in a long, long time. Haven't wanted to.

• Iudex_Nemesis
    Iudex_Nemesis Member Posts: 326
    Options

I'm pretty much with you on deathslinger. Really didn't think long term. The other is plague and jane. I was still new when I bought the chapter didn't realise I could have bought plague on her own. I've used jane a couple times for dailies and thats about it. Plague has decent perks but boy do I struggle to play her.

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274
    Options

Probably none that I harshly regret, because I either like their appearance/power (survivor/killer) or I like the perks I gained access to through them.

If unique teachable perks weren't a factor though, then there's only on killer I would probably consider a regret and it's Plague. I do not like playing Plague.

My alt-pick would be Hag, but I got her for free (benefits of being a console player) so she doesn't count.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

Deathslinger is another one for me. Same with Legion. Like, I can do well with Deathslinger. I've played FPS most of my life and because of that his ADS is hilariously easy to abuse. But I don't find him fun. I had a BLAST with him and the new map is his launch month. But I've never really had the feeling to go back and play him again.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    Options

I was really starting to thing I was the only one who felt this way about PH. Yes cages are useful againt this and that but negate my favorite slowdowns (pop, dying light) and other general hook idea perks. Agree about the trails as well. PH just not one of my favs right now.

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187
    Options

Slinger

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,541
    Options

Well Oni and Deathslinger are the only ones I probably will never touch again. But then again I bought them with shards so whatever. (Oh and Huntress but she was free anyway)

• Equus
    Equus Member Posts: 322
    Options

No I do have favorites but I secretly love them all.

• LeaderoftheSaints
    LeaderoftheSaints Member Posts: 162
    Options

Oni. I suck as him. Tried to learn and practice and could never get the hang of him.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,828
    Options

ash

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409
    Options

Ash

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174
    Options

Chains of Hate chapter, weaker killer and no perks on either side that are really good, just the situational For the People and memey Red Herring.

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

I regret buying laurie spirit and deathslinger.

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241
    Options

Buckle Up.

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559
    edited November 2020
    Options

Legion. I bought the gang with Iridescent Shards so I could see what it was like to play them before they received their most recent adjustments, and now I'm getting killer dailies for them, and I absolutely hate playing them now (because I comfortably am accustomed to missing on other killers and doing just fine otherwise). Same goes for Plague.

Edit: I would say Doctor, but I don't regret the time I had with him before he was made unenjoyable for me.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 3,338
    Options

I don't really regret buying anyone, I don't play Hag much, but her teachables are dope.

It'd be nice if they brought Old Freddy back, I never got to play him. Same with Old Legion.

• pAncrop900
    pAncrop900 Member Posts: 44
    Options

All of them. Bought them all to support bhvr when they said, back in 2018, they would get 60 fps on consoles. How fool i was

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287
    Options

Pyramid head

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    Options

Ghostface and Plague. Not because I hate them but I used Auric Cells to buy them instead of buying them through the steam store and so I didn't get the unique item piece for Ghostie or Jane.

Not a huge deal, but I regret buying them wrong.

• keygun
    keygun Member Posts: 311
    Options

Oni: not fun to play as imo.

Felix: perks are borderline useless.

Demi: fun, but weak.

Blight: his only power is movement, can't cut off loops. (Or I'm just bad)

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,605
    Options

Freddy, after the rework is so damn boring.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920
    Options

Ash for sure. I never even used Mettle before the change. Total waste.

• Felnex
    Felnex Member Posts: 334
    Options

Ash

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089
    Options

Ash / demo dlc

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568
    Options

Demogorgon probably. But I don't really regret. I'm just so bad with this killer, I don't think I will play him ever again.

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,378
    edited November 2020
    Options

Blight, Pyramid Head, and most of the DLC survivor's!

• MommyDeRose
    MommyDeRose Member Posts: 74
    Options

Pig, and Blight.

pig cause she’s awful and so boring to play.

blight cause I’m on console and he’s remarkably frustrating to use and was the definition of an impulse buy. I’d say clown too but I’ve actually been having a lot of fun with him recently so he gets a pass.

• Satori
    Satori Member Posts: 75
    Options

Ghostface:when i play him i get revealed behind walls, when against him i get exposed behind walls

Blight:i just dont like him

Steve:god please, his voice make my ears bleeding and laugh at the same time

• Icery
    Icery Member Posts: 199
    Options

Ash. Only DLC I don't have

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398
    Options

Ash and Nightmare on Elm Street. I only played Freddy post-rework for a little bit and I was just so bored after like 2 weeks of playing him. The little effort required to be good with him and having so much at my disposal for free bored me to tears. And I haven't even levelled up Quentin to this day. And Ash's perks are just eh. Flip flop might become useful in the next chapter if you wanna do that cheesy af combo with power struggle.

• ccactus623
    ccactus623 Member Posts: 214
    Options

The blight

• Sunbreaker7
    Sunbreaker7 Member Posts: 647
    Options

Blight.

I really liked his pinball bouncy concept, but I overtime began to hate his steering when attacking with the cane. Without the addon, the killer feels so frustrating to control. It's in a whole different level when compared to killers like Hillbilly and Oni who also rely on steering.

• SeeAndWait
    SeeAndWait Member Posts: 94
    Options

Bubba and Laurie. I am not confident with bubba chainsaw. Laurie's perks are cool change, but sole survivor seems almost useless.

• Saitamfed
    Saitamfed Member Posts: 1,620
    edited November 2020
    Options

Well, I am not going to lie. Ash, but not because MoM was OP but because at first thought, the perks seemed cool but that was on paper... Hearing his voice in the lobby was like "cool, a survivor with his voice in-lobby" but after many MANY many "what now?" you start to get annoyed of him. Then I suppose all DLC's have their pro and their cons

After that, I suppose Descend Beyond.

Don't missunderstand me, Felix is super handsome and a good looking man but the perks could have been better and his voice reminds me very much Steve's voice and I dislike Steve.

Blight

He's cool, but his power could be way better AND the fact that wehen we tested it in the PTB it was an earlier version that we were supposed to test made me a bit angry actually.

His perks looks really cool on paper but they're not. Blood Favor, the first problem it's the limited ranged for an hex, meaning if it's a totem it means it's breakable so you ought to give it a great power for its weakness. Undying is cool but it's very RNG dependant. You could have a way to make that Undying it's not the first totem that you destroy and that you can keep half of your medals or if the number of medal is more than two, you lose them, in case of Devour Hope,there's no point in losing all medals if you have one for example.

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326
    Options

Deathslinger. His perks kinda suck and I don't enjoy his power much. Next would be Ash lol.

• Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Options

1.Legion behavior straight freddied him and nerfed him further even when he was already struggling. Here hoping one day they will rework him.

2.Clown his perks were nice but the killer was and still is incredibly underwhelming his bottles lack any nuances and the reward for getting good with him has low payoff. Atrocious low effort killer that needed way more nuances. Imo the iridescent instadown add on should have been base.

3.Pyramid Head I was disappointed how his power felt so different and contradictory to what I expected from pyramid head. I anticipated some new take on tombstone myers with a pyramid head twist but no. Fire some odd projectile attack that correct me if I'm wrong never appears in the franchise. The look don't get me wrong was excellent for what it is but hey what can you do.

Since I hate being negative all the time I do want to say killers that surprised me in terms of how fun they were to play from the killers perspective:

1.Blight the buggy collision worried me but I cant deny they shipped him in a fantastic state and his skill ceiling is exactly what I expect from premium dbd.

2.Deathslinger seemed like a worse huntress but the more I played the more I felt that his abilities had incredible depth. Also has a super satisfying pull in and smack loop.

3.Oni the man's sheer presence reek of a slugger champion and nothing more satisfying then whizzing around the map with heavy footsteps battering puny survivors and earth underneath his thicc club.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546
    edited November 2020
    Options

Sit down. Come one, come all. It is time for me to tell you all a story.

I was a sorry young lad, with no DLC killers in my pocket and a curiosity for who would suit me well. I bounced around and settled on Plague. Now, the early games as Plague were easy. But after 2 matches, it started going uphill fast. You see, I thought Plague would be overpowered. Forcing the survivors to choose between giving you a powerful ranged attack or being a one hit the whole games sounded like powerful stuff! But alas, I was wrong. So very wrong. Plague took the soul out of Dbd like no other killer has.

With that in mind, I have to say that I really regret getting Legion.

• Spirez
    Spirez Member Posts: 674
    Options

Ash and The Plauge. The plauge was also my first prestiged character and I went all the way to P3 with all perks just to never use her :(

• Katie_met
    Katie_met Member Posts: 422
    Options

Quentin because I hate him so much and I play so badly as him and Ghostface because I really don't like his power of the feeling of him when playing him

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

Freddy, I liked old Freddy, then they just straight up changed him entirely with no say in it from my end, basically I SHOULD get a refund because what he is now is not even close to what I bought.