Possible Rework for Generator Speed

Options

Actually generator repair speed are fine but regression speed is really slow without regression perks.

Problems:

-It takes 2-3(?) seconds to kick a generator but survivors only need to tap to the gen and stop its regression.

-If a survivor repairs a generator for 10 seconds, it takes 50 seconds for it to stop. There is a 40 second gap between. That makes stopping generators hard against decent survivors.

Solutions:

-Make it so that it takes 2-3 seconds to stop a gen from regressing. Add a "stop regressing" part for survivors before they start repairing it.

-Make regression speed 3 times slower than repairing instead of 5.

This is not too important but it would be nice to see in game and I think it would help balancing the game too.

So, what do you guys think?

P.S.: Fix OoO.

Comments

• Icery
    Icery Member Posts: 199
    Options

Oh no, I said "are" at the first line after "speed". That should be "is". Sorry.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,394
    Options

I think it is 1/4 regression speed. So 40sec for 10 sec gen progress. 30sec would still be faster, but i cant evaluate how much it would help.

The stop regressing part is not a bad idea. You only need to know how it would affect perks. Surge would be slightly stronger, how would it affect surveillance, ruin etc. So you need balance around it and that could make it not easy to implement.

A alternative solution, which i heard from some people, is to give damaging generators base 5% regression, so that the time kicking is worth it and when someone repeatedly taps it the gen regresses fast.