Silent hill school, good in idea but horrible in design ?

smartemarte
smartemarte Member Posts: 254
edited November 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

Probably my least favourite map of the game, the loops are horrible, having to walk so far to get onto the next floor either means as survivor you can keep miles away from the killer or as the killer you just can't catch up effectively.

chases are pretty poor anyway because the way the rooms are designed and most pallets are unsafe.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Lyfe
    Lyfe Member Posts: 197

Midwich is actually extremely powerful for survivors, imo. Only problem with the map for me is if I'm not being chased, I have no idea where gens are, so I'm pretty much useless.

I'm not gonna go into it when Cru5h has already explained my main points and then some. Just look up "Cru5h Midwich" on YouTube.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,081

It is not a problem that most Pallets are unsafe, but they are TOO unsafe while the Pallets on the Outside are too safe. The way of playing this Map is basically that you use the Pallets in the Room to navigate, but with Bloodlust, you cannot really do that.

In general, the Map needs some things for both sides:

I would open a fourth way up/down and the optional way (near the Bathrooms) should be number 5. So that every Corner has a guaranteed way to move up or down.

More Drop-Spots from the upper floor to the lower floor.

And more access to the Center Area, from all four sides instead of just from two sides. To keep the general Structure, those can simply be holes in the wall and not stairs.

I guess this would already help this Map a lot, the main problem is navigating through the Map IMO.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

You know how on the old school maps you can look up and see large generator poles sticking out everywhere, or on Haddonfield how you can see the lightbulbs flicker if the generators aren't done in that area?

Midwich is easy to get turned around in and has no generator tells as far as I know. Even the clock tower puzzle is hard to figure out.

I like the atmosphere though.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

This is why I actually like Visionary.

Been playing for 3.5 years, but none of that experience helps on maps like Midwich, Lery’s, or Hawkins.

• ChiTenshi
    ChiTenshi Member Posts: 877

Problems I've noticed with the map:

- Lack of info regarding gen location and stairwells

- Too many safe pallets and loops

- Exit gates have too many access points

- Hallways are too open for stealth killers

- Half of the breakable walls don't help the killer

• ProwlingDead
    ProwlingDead Member Posts: 23

I used to hate this map, but after playing on Killer and Survivor I actually really like it, It's a different strategy. I play Survivor and Killer equally

• Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

but Lery's tells you where unfinished gens are with signs and lights (and so does Hawkins in the gen's connected to a shut door). Midwich does nothing of the sort.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

When it first came out, I used to hate this map. I've actually grown quite fond of it. It plays so entirely different from the others, and I think that is its chief virtue.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425

I love how it looks esthetically but there's a lot of god pallets and god walls as well as the hallways just being way to long where survivors can just hold W for so long and it'll take too long to catch up.

On survivor side finding gens is a nightmare and the exit gates are really unsafe.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278

I still hate trying to find the last few gens in those maps though. Visionary removes that issue for me.