Should slugs be able to kill themselves

grayn
grayn Member Posts: 4
edited November 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

I have been stuck in so many lobbies lately that the killer slugs the 2nd last person and then goes on a 10 minute hunt for the last person so they can get their precious 4 kill. As a survivor I don't want to sit there for 10 minutes while the killer plays hide and seek with the last survivor. Just let me leave without having to take a disconnect penalty.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• FrootLoops
    FrootLoops Member Posts: 376

maybe once the recover bar is full releasing and holding recover makes the bleed out bar decrease faster?

• Justalittlepeeck
    Justalittlepeeck Member Posts: 1,101

Sure, right after 3rd person slugging is solved by giving killer better chances at killing last survivor.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

If killers want to slug for the 4k then it's fair enough.

I believe the last survivor should be able to kill themselves.

If they implement a system for finding the last survivor or they know the location of the hatch then maybe they could allow the 3rd survivor to kill themselves.

I think slugging for the 4k is a result of bad endgame design.

• Chechia
    Chechia Member Posts: 234

I would suggest they rather rework the hatch mechanic so killers wouldn't feel the need to slug for the 4k.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

I think it depends. A killer slugging for pressure or to get the 4K isn't toxic (a little sweaty maybe) but allowing survivors to kill themselves if they're slugged for non-toxic reasons will just turn into another way of DCing.

Maybe if all 4 survivors have been slugged for more than 30 seconds, or if you're the last survivor.

• Chrisko
    Chrisko Member Posts: 288

Agreed! Killer should be able to open the exit gate anytime during the match.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

Maybe not instantly, but imagine holding a button to “hemorrhage” and double the bleed out speed.

• Axe
    Axe Member Posts: 1,060

Imo once keys are reworked I think the hatch should spawn when its 2 survivors alive no matter how many gens has been done. ez fix

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

No, slugged survivors shouldn't be able to give up. We already have people giving up on their first hook.

Don't need people giving up on the floor as well.

• BismarckCane
    BismarckCane Member Posts: 73

Solve the real issue here. Reward Killers for the chase, the kill should offer way few points. If you give the reward and win conditions to hooks and chase over "Kills" the killer will not care to get the 4 k in order to secure that pip over a neutral at Red rank.

The truth for most killers are the way the emblem system works they need 4k in most games to pip.

• Tubby_Squirrel
    Tubby_Squirrel Member Posts: 245

No, because people would self kill in the middle of the match, and not just in the scenario you described. You would be amazed how EASY people just give up. Kinda disgusting imo.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

No, because people already give up for the slightest reason. If the Killer breathes the wrong way, they'll give up. If we do let slugs kill themselves, then we should also look at why Killers slug for the 4k. Most Killers aren't doing it to be toxic and watch you bleed out for four minutes.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Perhaps give the last survivor the chance to tell the killer their location, but when you get three crows killer will know.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425

I don't think we should be giving survivors more ways to effectively DC. Maybe a concede vote like other games have that all/most survivors have to agree to. Also like others have stated, this will screw over slugging for the 4k, which is a result of bad endgame design and the hatch in general.

I personally believe hatch could probably be removed if we make other small changes. Like if no gens are worked on significantly for 2 minuets or something all survivors get level 3 crows or something (just spit balling). That's just there to stop the game being held hostage. I was thinking let the killer open the gate whenever would be enough, but then the survivors would just hide till the killer gives up and they get out for free even though they effectively held the game hostage.