ruin + undying is fine

the_new
the_new Member Posts: 175
edited November 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

it has counterplay break all 5 totems or break undying then ruin (which is a 50% chance btw) so I don't really see the problem with it, its easy to counter (bring maps) then after that the killer has no gen regression. I really dont understand why some people think its op

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• TwistedJoke65
    TwistedJoke65 Member Posts: 316

It's kinda needed if you want to protect gens. Totems aren't that hard to find. Especially in most maps where there's one right in the middle of the walkway.

• ZFennecFox
    ZFennecFox Member Posts: 510

If survivors run Decisive Strike and Dead Hard, run Ruin and Undying. Simple as that my friend.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425

It's luck based and has easy enough counters. I'd say its fine in the current state of the game.

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

It is fine actually, it's annoying sure but it's fine how it currently is. A very strong killer build but isn't BS as he actually has to come stop you from doing the gen instead of just getting it for free.

• Healthore77992
    Healthore77992 Member Posts: 570

It's fine. It can be cleaned under a minute. If you have so much trouble against is pick up Detectives H. You can also use a map. Don't be lazy.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

It would be fine if undying didn't show your aura.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

It’s fine against coordinated SWFs or four experienced solo survivors. It’s completely overkill against average lobbies.

It’s also very map dependent. On a corn map or an Autohaven map survivors can find and cleanse five totems in a reasonable amount of time. Good luck on maps like Hawkins, Lery’s or Midwich though.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    edited November 2020

Run a rainbow map with crystal bead (Purple Add-on) and odd stamp.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

Yes because rainbow maps are infinite, just bring them to all of your matches lol bruh

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

It's not enough to know where the totems are. I know almost all the totem spawns, I regularly run Detectives Hunch with a map and Inner Strength. It still wastes too much time just because of the lack of co-ordination.

• xenotimebong
    edited November 2020

So run an ultra rare item, with very rare and rare add ons every match.

Do you realise that survivors have 18 items, 55 add ons and 56 offerings that can turn up in a given bloodweb? What do you think the chances are of farming enough rainbow maps with those specific add ons?

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

I would say it's very map dependent.

Maps like Autohaven,Macmillan and Coldwind are easy but any indoor map or saloon is pretty awful.

• MadLordJack

Yeah... Fair enough, I suppose, but there's still the problem of teammates+mobility killers on those open maps.

But it is true, knowing the spawns on Lery's doesn't ######### help when you have to go and check each one individually and in great detail. Because ######### Lery's totems. With a spiked pole.

Unless I'm the killer, in which case yay indoor map with totems (and ######### indoor map as Blight)!!!

• SheKIndaSucks
    SheKIndaSucks Member Posts: 46

It's not fun, but given how fast gen repair speed is, what else can you do? It's also super easily dealt with by just taking small game/detective's hunch, but god forbid survivors adapt rather than run three second chance perks every single darn game.

• IronWill
    IronWill Member Posts: 244

I run Ruin+Undying on my Ghostface and its "okay" at best. Tbh the perk combination (together with Tinkerer) is only really good on high mobility killers who already have an advantage over the remaining M1 killers.

If I see someone start working on my totem on the other side of lets say Coldwind map, there is no way in hell I will get there in time to defend it on. Blight, Spirit, Freddy, Nurse, Billy and maybe Oni (if he has his power up) are already stronger than normal M1 killers and the perks make those killers even stronger while the remaining killers don't really get a use from it most of the time.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

You're allowed to complain about whatever you don't like, actually. Regardless of the "side" you play for.

• Zaytex
    Zaytex Member Posts: 841

It's important to have the self-awareness that if YOU bring the strongest perks from one side, you have no right to put down the other side for doing the same.

• Bumbus
    Bumbus Member Posts: 600

Well, like, you aren't supposed to win against killer if you are the only survivor in the team who knows what to do. Whether you like it or not, survivors play as a team, and if you are the greatest player ever, but your team sucks - you should lose. That works like that in any game with random teammates - sometimes they are good, sometimes they are not, that's just a matter of luck.

• Seanzu

Assuming someone is bringing the strongest perks is a bit silly, no? You're assuming this person is bringing perks so you think you have an argument when this may not actually be the case.

• WishIcouldmain
    edited November 2020

Okay then run a green map. If Ruin Undying is that annoying run a map.

• WishIcouldmain
  • Bumbus

Ahem ahem decisive strike ahem unbreakable

Seriously, you have to respect them as killer even if they aren't there

• Seanzu

But also, even when there's no obsession, killers just immediately tunnel off hook, so even when survivors aren't running stuff like DS they play as "unfairly" as possible.

• MadLordJack

It's hard to say that your teammates suck when both you and them are checking spots the other had already done.

Skill isn't binary. It's not lose = suck. There's a lot that goes into DbD, and easily the biggest factor is co-ordination. Call a team bad all you want, there's a reason I consider solo lobbies free wins, and it isn't because bad players play solo. In fact, it's usually the opposite.

• xenotimebong

Again, there are over 120 things that can turn up in a survivor’s bloodweb. Green maps don’t turn up often enough to run one every game, especially since green maps require a specific add on to track totems and add ons are lost after the match.

• IFollowScratchMarks
    IFollowScratchMarks Member Posts: 11
    edited November 2020

I agree with this! It's such a strong perk without that added benefit, that I'd be totally cool with auras being removed.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

It's not fine, It's a free win. Last night everyone gave up against a spirit with this build. It's stupid.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    edited November 2020

It's the fabled second objective people say survivors should have so they have more to do than gen rush a killer.

It's not fun? Neither is being gen rushed. Especially with multiple toolboxes. Neither is 5 minute games, and walking away with less than 10k bp. Survivors do a lot to kill the fun for killers.

It buys killers precious time to actually get to play the game against sweaty teams.

People complaining It's too strong for solos, well, most every match for a killer seems like Russian roulette if it's an swf, people too strong, or not. Maybe if killers knew ahead of time, they might back off a bit so they can run other builds.

But it's also kinda good for survivors. I mean it's 2 entire perks dedicated to making sure the game lasts a while.

It has counter play. Jen jockey, small game, detectives hunch, maps, swf. A killer has to spend 2 perk slots to adapt to people that want a 5 minute game, and buy a dlc character or wait for it to be on the shrine. "Git gud."

If they want to add it to another character? Plague has to be lvl 40, and there's RNG of the blood web.

People that believe perks shouldn't bandaid problems, well, here's a prime example of it. And it's a problem that's basically always existed. Survivors can deny the killer time to play the game because gens can be rushed.

• Looping4Dayz
    Looping4Dayz Member Posts: 10

In my honest opinion it ruin undying is allowed then they shouldn't be nerfing power struggle and flip flop. I mean there are lots of strong killer builds ( e.g Ruin undying tinkerer ) yet as soon as a semi-decent survivor build is added it gets nerfed. Seems kinda stupid to me. All killers have to do is avoid pallets yet survivors have to cleanse all 5 totems which in solo queue wastes too much time. They then have to deal with tinkerer which is balanced but against a decent billy, huntress, blight or slinger is pretty strong.

• Bumbus

I don't say there's no reason to use DS or it shouldn't exist. There is a reason for them to exist, and killer has to expect every survivor to have them during an average match, so why wouldn't you expect every survivor to have them when you are choosing your perks? Of course you will expect them. You have no clue in the lobby how strong these survivors are and which perks they will have, but if you are used to assume the worst - you still assume the worst. That's what the game pushes you for.

• MadLordJack

There really isn't that many strong killer builds, to be honest, and they all center around generator defence and so pretty much play out the exact same way. Which is sad, because there's plenty of potentially strong builds, it's just that they rely on survivors not doing the thing they are supposed to be doing.

And I don't think that anyone truly believes that Flip Flop/Power Struggle is OP, it's just unfair since the forced meta is snowballing and anti-snowball perks are already extant and ridiculously strong. It's almost like if they released Ruin 2: Electric Boogaloo

• Looping4Dayz
    Looping4Dayz Member Posts: 10

That's what I mean power struggle and flip flop is not very strong but the devs confirmed it will get a nerf which is stupid since there are way stronger builds that arguably need to be nerfed on both killer and survivor sides.

• Bumbus

Well, if you play solo on ranks high enough to see ruin+undying every game and you are not prepared to deal with totems by some perks or items, and also you don't know when you have to sit on gens - you are definately missing the strategic aspect of this game.

• MadLordJack

I love how some people just make up random crap to justify themselves. Seriously, take the teeniest peek at the other replies I've made in this thread. Or don't, I don't particularly care. I'm not a fan of strawman debaters.

• Bumbus

Ok bruh everyone is making up random crap except for you who definately make only indisputable arguments

• JackTheMimic
    JackTheMimic Member Posts: 59

Protip, Equip Small game, Distortion, Resilience, and either be injured or use no mither. I consistently destroy all five totems first thing. I originally did this to counter the wave of NOED I was seeing but works just as well for Ruin + Undying. Plus the upshot is I get 3/4 of my bold points without looping a single time. "You know how hard it is to find all five totems as a solo que?" Yes, not hard at all with the right set up. Plus with resilience and No mither I get a 9% boost to gens(when I'm done with totems) and gates and chests so, guys please stop complaining. Be the change you want to see in the world.

• Kalinikta
    Kalinikta Member Posts: 709
    edited November 2020

I thought survivors wanted killers that apply map pressure? Ruin/Undying rewards a killer that is capable of applying map pressure. If you don't let go of the generator the combo does literally nothing. The killer actually has to show up and shoo you off of it.

I thought survivors wanted a second objective? Totems are just that and by doing this secondary objective you actually remove 2 perks of the killer.

I thought survivors wanted a reason for killers not to proxy the hook, camp and all that? Ruin/Undying gives the killer a valid reason to go pressure gens and leave hooks.

Survivors complain that they still have to always use the same meta perks? Yet here comes a combo that makes perks like Small Game and Detective hunch, Distortion and such have more value to maybe be considered as new meta perks. A new meta doesn't mean that it must be made out of new additions, it can also be in response to new tactics used on the other end?

What do survivors want killers that focus on gen defense and map pressure or killing them quicker? Those are the only proper tactics and normal gen defense is so abysmal that the general consensus is that one should not waste time kicking the generators. I would have thought the community would be happy with the combo, as it promotes killers to play in the manner that survivors as far as I understood believe that killers should play; applying map pressure and leave the hooks so they have longer to play. A killer cannot linger around a hook, as they have to go shoo people of those generators to gain the benefit of the 2 perk combo and it needs 2 perks, because ruin on its own just doesn't survive long enough to have an effect, unless you are really really lucky.

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826

Solo is a nightmare with it on, but I personally find it adds some ~spice~ to the match, because we all obliterate the bones

• JBWarrior
    JBWarrior Member Posts: 29

Oh JuSt BrInG a MaP, really? A good killer won’t need ruin undying, you are not skilled if you need those to win, get good.