A reason for mains of every killer to be dissatisfied with BHVR

Bard
Bard Member Posts: 657
edited November 2020 in General Discussions

Trapper

4 years later, and Traps are still such a massive timesink that by the time you've even set up your traps, it's already gg. Hell, thanks to Dead Hard, even a good trap is liable to just leave you stuck in a dead end.

Hillbilly

Billy was fine at base, but had problematic add-ons. Instead of fixing his add-ons and leaving the base, they decided to gut his add-ons and hit his base for good measure.

Wraith

4 years later, and he still doesn't have a goddamn power.

Nurse

For some reason, the devs take "She's the strongest killer" to mean that she doesn't need any fixes. Yeah she's OP, that's no excuse to leave in a bunch of bugs.

Myers

Stalking is buggy as hell and not only is Tier 1 a nightmare, but the devs outright nerfed it by removing your immunity to Spine Chill. Good luck stalking to tier 2 without looking at somebody!

Hag

Remember that year-long stretch after Dedicated Servers when Hag was basically unplayable due to your camera randomly flickering after teleports? We still haven't forgiven them.

Doctor

They did an entire rework on this guy and still couldn't think of a way to make convincing hallucinations.

Huntress

Server/animation tweaks change the way survivors turn every few months, and they still haven't fixed locker spawns on Swamp Maps to let you do a goddamn reload.

Bubba

They increased the penalty for Tantrums in the rework, but didn't fix how he hits his head on certain overhead terrain (ie Thompson House backdoor, Blood Lodge interior ledge).

Freddy

If you liked old Freddy, they straight up removed your killer.

If you only like new Freddy, BT and Object have such scuffed interactions with your power it's amazing this ######### even made it live.

Pig

Despite having been pretty bad since her release, she has been nerfed enough times that she's a living meme.

Clown

The devs said they think he's fine. That's reason enough to be mad, really.

Spirit

Oh boy a new patch! Oh what's that? They broke sounds? Again? Whelp, guess I can't play my main!

Legion

Any time Legion mains find something fun to use, BHVR guts it.

Did you like old Legion? Gone. Did you like using on-hits in Frenzy? Gone. Did you like using Tinkerer and Frank's Mixtape? Gone.

Plague

It's entirely possible for a coordinated SWF to completely rob you of an entire roster of fountains by all cleansing at once. Why? ######### you, that's why.

Ghostface

You can be revealed while behind terrain. Even though it feels like lag, it isn't. This is hard coded into Ghostface's reveal mechanic. Also, we've been asking for baseline Pen for how long now?

Demo

IS BASELINE LIVER TOO MUCH TO ASK?

Oni

If you played PTB Oni, the heavy clunk-fest we now know annoys you with his presence.

Also, for whatever reason, at least one dev thought it wise to force Oni to look directly into the sky during his Demon Strike. Great.

Deathslinger

Not so much a "Deathslinger Complaint", but remember Gearhead?

Remember how they nerfed it immediately after PTB, but have left DS untouched?

This means the devs considered OG Gearhead to be more OP than DS.

Yeah idk man that rustles my jimmies a little bit.

Pyramid

Four years after the game releases, and we STILL can't code a ground-linked projectile that can deal with slopes without exploding? I could forgive Doctor on release since Slopes were somewhat uncommon when he came out, but COME ON NOW.

Blight

Oh look, a car! I'll bounce off of that and get the survivor!

Oh, nevermind. That car doesn't actually exist I guess.

Twins

Broadly gestures at everything

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited November 2020

The twins one made me laugh haha. That's about how I felt about them as well. They are fixing some things, but I am not sure it will be enough.

However they are new, so maybe folks will pick up some not yet discovered tricks....

As for Demogorgon....man I would love liver to be just built into his kit, but I doubt it will ever happen. I do like that his brown addons are so strong you never have to worry about using other addons haha, I have hundreds of everything else.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164

This made me laugh. Really good write up. +1

Hey, remember how when Ghost Face was released there was no Undetectable status and OoO totally cucked him? He's never had an easy time of it, has he.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425

That was entertaining to read, and some of those hit in the feels lol.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

There are some serious issues here though. If it was all fun and games, why include those?

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,769

Oh ######### yeah one more thing I forgot--devs have confirmed they're reworking clown next. Nice try though.

• Dedicatedd
    Dedicatedd Member Posts: 33

Oh my, I haven't played since they released the first battle pass (i got bored not because they made a battle pass) and reading this just made me giggle

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

I miss facing Nurses ;/

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    edited November 2020

Pretty much a full or at least half agree on all of these except Doc. The hallucinations were never meant to be more than an additional form of tracking. His true power is his anti-loop.

PTB Oni was just downright unfair and old Legion had to go. It was just broken and unfair. That said new Legion is pathetic and needs a full on rework imo.

And no mention of how outdated Micheal is?

• Old Legion and old Freddy weren't good or fun and I'm glad they were changed. Hard agree on everything else.

• gibblywibblywoo

I'd argue that new Legion or Freddy aren't particularly fun either. These 2 killers have definitely been the biggest failure from a design standpoint imo. Legion is impotent with no real power and Freddy is so strong with a power for every situation that he borders on boring to actually play. There's no incentive to even wake up against a Freddy without slowdown add ons. Such a weird design choice.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

I don't know why but i've seen quite a big spike in nurse players lately.Super weird

• You've got a point. Before the changes, both of them kinda encouraged tunneling by design, so I really do think they needed a change. But uh, yeah, the way they are now definitely isn't good either.

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

I haven’t seen her at all, it really bothers me because I genuinely wanted to see what it was like facing a great Nurse. Since I’m on console they never really existed and now that cross-play is a thing, shes reworked/nerfed and NOW I WILL NEVER GET TO FACE A GREAT NURSE.

(Sorry, I got a little emotional there)

;/

• gibblywibblywoo

I've been going against a surprising amount recently. Unfortunately I'm a solo survivor and any half decent Nurse can decimate a solo team. Nurse takes a lot of time to learn and lots of survivor knowledge but that said I have such little respect for pubstomping Nurse players.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Oh boy have i seen some great nurse already since crossplay (i'm console too).

And i can tell you,you're just gonna get deleted in like 2 seconds.It's insane.

But i can respect that,because i know that the nurse invested a huge amount of time to be this good.

Unlike other killers >.>

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

The Wraith comment is pure nonsense.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,295

I main Nurse at the moment and yeah map bugs and general random bugs are quite bothersome to deal with.

For Blight they need to make it so you can bounce properly off of stuff that doesn't have collisions at a certain height. If something isn't at his waist or higher you slide off of it randomly. A good example is a garbage can or bench on haddonfield.

100% agree on Doctor - Where are our cool hallucinations? They're not convincing enough to be hallucinations. I want a fake doctor running at survivors from around the corner.

Most of Wraith's addons should be baseline and his shimmer should be made completely invisible at far distances

Spine Chill shouldn't detect undetectable killers and suddenly all stealth killers would be stronger

For the most part I have some agreement with the rest of your statements and yes while we are nitpicking it feels like a good thread to get stuff off your chest so there you go.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

Doc's hallucinations shouldn't be hard to tell. They're strong tracking tools as they are.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,295
    edited November 2020

It's more of a flavor thing rather than a desire of balancing. Although personally as someone who enjoys Doctor and I get they're used for tracking I don't understand why they're meant to be a tracking tool. The Doctor is meant to make people scream to track them and cause hallucinations. In my view the hallucinations should charge a survivor and attack them and when touching them the interaction makes something visible for tracking. Would be more interesting that way personally instead of being a stationary ward.

Something along those lines anyway it's just so boring thematically having them just stand there for both sides.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

I'm sure BHVR has a personal vendetta against each and every Legion main.

• ImJustABeeBro
    ImJustABeeBro Member Posts: 94

God what I would give for base kit liver

• TheButcher
    TheButcher Member Posts: 871

Oh right. Why are all the Killer players leaving then? Why can't they get Killer players to stay?

• gibblywibblywoo

I've been here for 4 years now, I have no plans on leaving. These new killers that are leaving are just unwilling to learn to play better. They want their wins handed to them. They wouldn't last 5 minutes in 2017 DBD. If they're actually leaving out of "frustration" when killers have better perks, less pallets, and shorter loops than they ever had than DBD just isn't for them

There are still imbalances in this game, mainly perks and map design, but if thats enough to make you actually quit the game... sorry, but this game isn't for you. The devs ARE making strides to make non-viable killers stronger. Look at Leatherface, spirit and freddy. all killers that sucked when first added. But its a understandably slow process.

People were literally crying and screaming about leaving when the devs announced a BL TEST. A TEST that they specifically said was for 1 weekend to gather data. Too many killers regurgitate this toxic "killers are victims" mentality that is propgated by certain content creators that I cannot name.

You literally refused to even play the game when BL was disabled showing you don't even want to try to contribute to the devs attempts at making this game more consistent. Dont @ me

• TheButcher
    edited November 2020

Right because I am inclined to believe you from a forum post. Nah I'll just follow the statistic. Players who favor Killer are leaving fast, and players who favor killer are dropping out when they get the game. It doesn't look good, nor bode well for BHVR long term, which they know - which is why they want to change that - but have a hard time too because their survivor base is a massive group of entitled players at this point.

And I didn't refuse to play the game. I played the game. I played Survivor and never got sacrificed. Lol "don't @ me". Why even bother commenting then if you don't want a response, get out of here ya fool.

• Penguin8Cake
    Penguin8Cake Member Posts: 3

Why does every post just have to be "here, a reason to complain, more things wrong"

Just enjoy thr game or dont play, smh. Forums should be "how to pull of flashlight tech, looping tips and resources, best killers and addons for new players."

• Shenanigan
    Shenanigan Member Posts: 208

Devs literally said clown was getting a rework

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274

I've been playing a lot of Deathslinger recently in an effort to improve with him, so I have another one to add to this:

Are you or the survivors in your trial under the effect of the slightest hint of lag (or did the survivors all bring the ever-popular Dead Hard)? Congratulations, you are now playing an 110% movement speed killer with NO POWER!

The amount of times I've watched the chain turn orange and "miss" because it went THROUGH a survivor's model without spearing them has been ridiculous. At least when Blight's power doesn't work as intended I can still use it to get around the map... Deathslinger literally has nothing else.

• Dabihwow
    Dabihwow Member Posts: 3,409
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

I just want to keep it simple. Fix the sounds. All of them. Make it so I can play blindfolded. That's all I ask.

Sincerely a Spirit main.

• tak47888
    tak47888 Member Posts: 125

True, I miss the Oni from PTB. Felt so much better back then.

• TheButcher

Look em up yourself. I am not your teacher. You're responsible on keeping yourself updated on the game you play. You're responsible for educating yourself. Grow up.

• gibblywibblywoo

Nice evidence. Btw people have been saying this game is "hemmoraging killers" since I started. Game still hits new all time player peaks every few chapters.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,260

They should have an option or offering/addon to play Old Freddy. I like New Freddy but I wanna play the old one as well :(

• Talmeer
    Talmeer Member Posts: 1,520
    edited November 2020

I would say that the Legion thing is still hurting, but it would be a lie. I am just mad about it and hold it as a bad example of game companie decisions in mind. Since they gutted the Legion with intent to cater a specific part of the core audience (also a very toxic part imo) and forget about the players who had fun to play, or to play against the pre rework Legion (they have exist, despite how much even the named toxic part still trys to denie it today), I just chuckle sometimes, that a game that solds so well, can't hold its players.

Usually I would have sympathy with the game devs (hell I still even speak good about Bethesda), but not if they on purpose stomb game features and frighten away parts of their playerbase, just to cater a small part of their core aduience.

I am curious how long this will be enough. At least on this way I have something to read while I am searching for new things to buy on steam, or amazon :).

Edit: What the rest matters, so I think that is a good list, besides by 2 or 3 killers where it seems at least to me a bit exaggerated.

• gibblywibblywoo

Legion couldn't stay in their launch state. That would have done more to speed up the death of DBD than any other decision the devs have made. The amount of oversight there was in regards to deep wound and moonwalking outright killer survivor gameplay for the entire time leading up to the rework.

That said I'm not even remotely satisfied with the current version.