BBQ shouldn't work on survivors in the dying state

Options

I like BBQ as a killer, it's a great perk, it tracks survivors and brings a huge BP bonus. Partially merging it with Deerstalker and letting us see survivors that are downed seems cheesy and unnecessary.

The purpose of BBQ is to motivate the killer from camping and tunneling and go after another survivor, it shouldn't help hooking downed survivors. Besides we have Deerstalker for that and BBQ makes it useless in many situations.

Comments

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,935
    Options

BBQ & Chilli reveals survivor for 4 seconds, Deerstalker reveals dying survivors until they are healed back up

• ZarioKiller534
    ZarioKiller534 Member Posts: 26
    Options

The purpose of BBQ is to get extra BP and to know where to go next after a hook not camping and tunneling. (Especially tunneling) Just wanted to tell ya that

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

No, the survivor can not easily crawl away. I've never had a person escape me on the floor with BBQ unless they were currently afflicted by the sound bug, preventing me from hearing them.

• MikaKim
    MikaKim Member Posts: 334
    Options

BBQ & chilli does way to much for one perk.

OP's request is reasonable, BBQ is an excessive perk.

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,658
    Options

Um... no?

I'm sorry, but you've given no arguement or justification. The only thing you've said is that it's "partially merged with Deerstalker" which is blatantly false.

It just shows whoever is 40+m away from the hook. That's it. What else? Should Nurse's not reveal people in the dying state either?

"But they're healing! That's different!"

And you need a hook to trigger BBQ, so it's the same. Deerstalker is a passive with no condition. They share literally nothing except being aura reveal perks.

And let's think for a moment, how would this change be good? Killers aren't going to suddenly start using Deerstalker. If there are 2 survivors, one getting hooked and one in the dying state, then this change will do nothing but drag out the game because the killer doesn't ######### their slug went. And Entity save you if the killer finds that hatch first, then the slug and killer have to either find one another or wait out the bleed out timer. It's boring and tedious.

This change doesn't benefit either killer nor survivor, really.

• Uistreel
    Uistreel Member Posts: 634
    Options

BBQ has only 2 functions, extra bloodpoints and very easily countered aura reading. How many other perks have 2 or more functions? Adrenaline, appraisal, babysitter, boil over, breakdown, DS, fixated, agitation, bamboozle, blood warden, bloodhound, dragons grip, hangman's trick, devour hope, NOED, retribution, iron maiden, etc, etc

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,127
    Options

I'd rather be found by BBQ in dying state that with Deerstalker. Why? The killer having the latter usually means he wants to slug a lot during the match. BBQ is often used to find the last survivor after slugging for the 4k. I'm fine with that.

So no need to nerf BBQ. It's a good perk, but not too strong. And don't try the "but it does too much for a single perk". It just shows you your target's locations for 4s after hooking if they are >40m away and not in a locker or use Distortion. And it gives BP which has no impact on the match at all.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,127
    Options

That usually happens when I go for the 4k without BBQ. And I'm always sorry for that. Sometimes I just go for a 3k only to avoid the time spent for searching that last guy on the ground.

• MikaKim
    Options

Sorry but that post looks like desperation.

'Easily countered'

You have to know the killer has it to begin with, you have to be within proximity of something to hide from it and as OP points out it picks up the aura of downed survivors. A number of preconditions need to be in place for it to be 'easy'.

'oh but 2 functions'

Adrenaline procs after the last generator is done, IF you make it that far and is a glorified sprint burst if you're not injured. That's hilarious you would compare it to BBQ and chilli which affects the ENTIRE duration of the game from start to finish. Your comparison is weak.

• MikaKim
    edited December 2020
    Options

LOL.

If you're worried about it you'd crawl into an open area to be found easily. That's not even an argument.

EDIT: You get crows when you afk on the ground if I'm not mistaken, which makes your statement even funnier.

• Uistreel
    Options

But it easily countered. Stay within hook range. Hide behind a generator. Hide in locker. Walk one way then walk the other after 4 seconds. Run distortion. "You have know the killer has it to begin with", just assume they do, always. What, you waste 4 seconds per hook? If there's an obsession most people slug to avoid DS, except they don't know they have it for sure, right?

Also, adrenaline, one out of the many listed there. BBQ has an aura reading effect that technically can not exist throughout the entire match depending on how everyone plays? What if you don't get hooks? What if they do one of the many incredibly easy counters? Just bonus bloodpoints then. With adrenaline, what if the gens aren't done, doesn't get used. What if you're healthy, you only get the sprint burst.

And to what I think is your main point about it being uncounterable when you are downed:

If you are have been downed long enough for the killer to find someone else, chase them, hook them 40 metres away, see you with BBQ then return to you, it doesn't even matter because you are dead regardless. You are dead because either your teammates are all dead in which the game would already be over, or your teammates are so useless that it's basically a 1v1 at that point which is impossible to win.

• GrimReaperJr1232
    Options

Well, I see you're great at discussions.

So tell me. Give me 1 good, legitmate arguement why BBQ—agruably one of the most balanced perks in the game—should be nerfed. How does its current state affect the game's health in such a negative way that warrants nerfing it, and conversely, how would nerfing it benefit the game? Do tell.

Personally? I can name a lot of ways it would negatively impact the game for survivors and killers if such a nerf were to occur.

• MikaKim
    Options

'technically can not exist throughout the entire match'

What are you even arguing here!? You think that because of a technicality that somehow it disregards my point?? This just looks like your arguing for arguing's sake. BBQ is not comparative to Adrenaline, I explained why, my post still stands. lol.

'Just assume, run something to counter it'

Great so generic counter posts now? Seriously were at a stage where if you want to counter everything, and you have to assume everything this game has, it becomes a job with spreadsheets.

Every comment about campers, tunnelers, sluggers we get a generic 'wElL jUsT cOuNtEr iT. It's almost like to want to overwhelm a new player before they even have a chance to get started. Besides I wasn't even arguing the 'just counter it'. My point is that it was OP, so again, your not really arguing my points.

I'm reluctant to post that link because for a long time BBQ was classified as S rank. Unfortunately brigading has dropped it to an A rank just to 'own' me. But the point to take home is that its a tiered list of good through to bad perks. It's far more comprehensive than your '2 function' policy.

• GrimReaperJr1232
    Options

We can't really argue with your points because you're not really making any.

"You have to assume the killer has it" Um... yeah? That's literally 1/2 the game—figuring out what perks the other side has. The killer has to infer what each survivor runs to, deciphering who has BT, Dead Hard, DS, etc. Likewise, it's your responsibility as a survivor to figure out what the killer is running, even if it may not be apparently obvious.

And if you dare say, "The survivors have no warning it exists!" Yeah, no duh. Same with Discordance, Nurse's, Whispers, Spies, etc. No warning. You figure it out and continue from there.

You need to actually make legitimate points in order for someone to develop a counter arguement.

And yeah, BBQ is an S-tier perk. That's because not only is its functionality useful, it also doubles your blood points. It's a useful perk with an invaluable secondary effect. Of course it's an S-tier perk for public matches!

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,226
    Options

Lets nerf the killer perk thats used as bsndaid for survivor issues ("camping" and "tunneling"). /s

• MikaKim
    Options

HAHAHAHA

You realise you're replying to me, replying to him.

If it doesn't make sense its because you completely missed the context. I was actually saying his points didn't make sense, so, you agree with me I guess??? lol

Feel feel to scroll up and see where all this started, that should help.

Starting to see a lot of emotional killers in this thread.

'dOn'T tOuCh mY BbQ'

BTW  "The survivors have no warning it exists!"

I didn't care about this point at all. It wasn't even relevant, I was just poking holes in his argument, that HE created. But if you don't have any friends who have tried to get into the game recently, the point is probably lost on you anyway.

• MikaKim
    Options

Oh I see you followed me around, is it because I missed this post?

Also, what a silly question. Did you see the OP?

Thanks for playing.

• Uistreel
    Options

Counter the perks that you know 80% of people are going to run. Example: BBQ, DS, borrowed time, dead hard, etc. Or lunge at people early, pick up obsessions immediately, stand in an open field when someone is hooked on the other side of the map. You can do either, but just because you don't want to take precautions, doesn't mean you can't counter it

• MikaKim
    Options

Who said I wouldn't and where did you pull those stats?

• Psycho_
    Psycho_ Member Posts: 355
    Options

you would rather bleed out and cause everyone to wait 3 minutes instead of going to the next match?

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    Options

Really? I've had it happen. I remember one specific time they were across the map and I got there and couldn't find them. Last survivor left, too, so we just... waited. And waited. Until they bled out. Fun for everyone. (I mean, I constantly see survivors complain that the killer slugged them and left them to bleed out instead of hooking them and how that's BM and should be reportable etc etc so WHY the HELL do they crawl away and do it purposefully to themselves?)

In general, the devs actually want killers to be able to find downed survivors to avoid situations like the above. They don't want survivors left on the ground for four minutes to bleed out just because the killer can't find them.