Can we fix the problems in the game instead of adding new killers and perks?

Options
DwightFairfield
DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246
edited November 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

There are a lot of issues that are blatantly obvious to a point it become annoying to bring them up because of how many other people bring them up already, but when these problems are pointed out the mass consensus is to run a specific perk or play a specific killer.

Keep getting tunneled? Run Decisive Strike.

Gen Rushing is an issue? Here's the Pig.

No one is willing to pay more money to fix an issue on top of the base price, and no one is willing to grind for hours and hours to have a better time if their initial experiences are nothing short of miserable.

On top of that most issue solving perks are licensed you can't extensively grind for them.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

I mean what problems?

Seriously. What problems are so large in this game they need a dramatic fix to the base game?

• [Deleted User]
    Options

For real? Like.... the only major problem that has had its own dedicated thread on the discussion board for like 4 years straight consistently because a new one is made every like 30 minutes? Like; that's one for example haha.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699
    Options

I think the reason why it takes so long is that the community can't come to a consensus on what needs fixing. Any controversial issues that is mentioned creates a schism in the community.

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

That’s not an answer.

Gen Rush?

Tunnelling? Camping?

There’s a degree of accountability for the player before experiencing either of these.

A killer is free achieve their goals anyway they please as long as it isn’t breaking the game rules. That means a survivor should always expect tunnelling could be a possibility. With that in mind, is the player really, genuinely doing all they can to avoid the killers attention? Far too many survivors are deluded into playing this game in a way where the killer isn’t treated as a threat. They indeed are, and there exists the very real possibility that the loss of their first chase can be the end of the game for them.

Gen Rush? A killer needs to really look deep and hard, and have the humility to ask did they allow it to happen. No, of course a killer can’t be in more than one place at a time, but pretty much ALL killers can do SOMETHING to keep survivors out of a chase occupied with something else. Obviously not at the very start of the match, but as the match progresses.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

-Optimization

-Stale meta (a LOT of perks need some serious buffs)

-The grind is absolutely awful and the main reason why i wouldn't recommend this game to anyone

• chieften333
    chieften333 Member Posts: 1,554
    Options

Plus the whole band-aid fix issue

Perks should not cover for an unbalanced base game.

• Evelyn208
    Evelyn208 Member Posts: 31
    Options

It's not even just perk issues. Everytime I get a connection error and my whole team is sent to the initial menu and we have to reform the group and queue up again. Every single time that happens I think "well at least we have breakable doors now!". There are so many stupid bugs that have been in this game since I started playing. Like I can hear a dead person's sound. I fold over likes lawn chair after being hit. Or I get unhooked and float around the game for the rest of the time and do gens five feet in the air.

The many issues in the game aren't just differences of opinion.

Though on things that ARE differences of opinion, OP is right. In any other game when issues of power creep come up most people will have a genuine discussion about it instead of saying 'get better noob'. New Killers and Survivors are good or at least serviceable but many old school ones are not. For example is Quentin Smith was released tomorrow, or his perks were attached to a new Survivor BHVR would be laughed out of town. So how is this "old" Survivor acceptable if his perks would not be acceptable on Elodie or Felix? Not only Killers need reworks. Though maybe I shouldn't ask for reworks based on what they served up with Bubba and Billy.

• savevatznick
    savevatznick Member Posts: 651
    Options

You can't sell a game health patch for money like you can a DLC. That's why.

• RamblinRango
    RamblinRango Member Posts: 389
    Options

I just want something new in the game

• Iron
    Iron Member Posts: 241
    Options

That shouldn't be possible unless you are actively not taking perks. It only takes about 5.5 mil to all perk a killer. I've done it to all of them, I know.