New Ormond and Autohaven maps are AWFUL

jotaro
jotaro Member Posts: 173
edited December 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

Please rework the reworked maps. The whole ormond is just a deadzone now, which is really bad for the game health. It is driving me and many, many others away from playing survivor, since maps like these new ones force people playing as survivor be stealthy, which is EXTREMELY boring for both sides.

Killer gameplay is boring as well, it doesn't feel fun or rewarding to down a survivor just because there was nowhere they could've ran to or nothing they could've done. Wake up BHVR!! Chases and mindgames are the main point and funniest part of the game, and literally the only exciting part of survivor gameplay, please don't take it away. If you continue doing this, the game will probably die. Please listen to the feedback of your customers, and don't just mindlessly do things.

Comments

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,798
    edited December 2020

Haven't played on Ormond yet, but I liked the two matches I played on Autohaven. Wreckers Yard was one of my least favorite maps in the game before and it's a lot less miserable now.

• HeckaYeah
    HeckaYeah Member Posts: 187

The last time I played Autohaven, it was super bright and lit up. I know it was dark before, but this is borderline obnoxious.

• Lightpkm
    Lightpkm Member Posts: 93

Ormond is basically whiter now and there seems to be less pallets with (for some reason) a giant area with absolutely nothing there. Just a giant open area that's a major dead zone to any survivor.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,798

Yeah that's not great. I did see some screenshots of what looked like a big dead zone. Ormond definitely needed to be changed since it was extremely survivor sided before, but creating massive dead zones right from the start doesn't seem to be a good way to do that.

• jotaro

exactly, i agree ormond needed to be reworked. but instead of making it balanced they went ahead and completely ruined and destroyed it. By doing that they don't fix the issue, they just turn it the other way around. Ormond is almost unplayable. i don't understand what's going on in their heads, or are they drunk when they make these terrible changes..

• jotaro
    edited December 2020

@Peanits @not_Queen @Almo do yall even read the feedback you get??

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

We will have to agree to disagree. I like the new Ormond map and I have been playing it as a Survivor. I happen to enjoy Stealth just as much as Looping. Spice of life is a bit of both. I've also played it as a Killer and I didn't find myself rolling the competition, not even close.

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246

It doesn't help how overexposed the map is too, it's so bright that stealth is difficult due to any survivor being a dire contrast from the white color palette.

• jotaro

yeah, that makes ormond nearly unplayable since there's only unsafe pallets and huge dead zones, and even playing stealthy is really hard since it's so damn bright. i guess, if you want to have a chance, you'll just have to try and rush gens hella fast. This kind of map only promotes genrushing because there's nothing else survivors can do really. Auras and scratch marks are still broken as well. There's literally everything wrong with new ormond😂

• Exellen
    Exellen Member Posts: 49
    edited December 2020

I like ormond but i wait for rework of reworked autohaven 😂

• TraceEdge
    TraceEdge Member Posts: 7

I made an account to make a statement on this matter. AND I POSTED SOMEWHERE ELSE PREVIOUSLY BUT THIS THREAD IS GETTING MORE TRACTION

The character readability is significantly higher in the Ormond map. Every killer is queuing it up like crazy because they know they can see the runners significantly easier. This needs to be fixed. BRIGHTER MAP DOES NOT MEAN UPGRADED GRAPHICS. It actually means down graded experience for survivors.

It gets worse if your character has any contrasting colors. For example red being the highest Contrasting color against white. You stand out like a deer in headlights, completely unavoidable!

Fix the maps

• Caleegi
    Caleegi Member Posts: 410

In this game there was already an unbalance between survivors and killers. Now don't get me wrong, I love the new graphics on the game so much, it looks so much better. However, for example on Ormond map it is way too bright that both killer and survivors can see each other from across the map, this makes gameplay experience not enjoyable and it annoyed me so much that I actually stopped playing the game for a bit because its frustrating. I love how graphics are being updated but that does not mean it needs to be really bright and no fog at all, I don't get how that is ok for survivors and for killers there is just no challenge. I played against a Huntress and because they could see us, they threw hatchets at us across the damn map and there is so much dead space that you cannot hide behind anything. There is just no way of escaping...

• ItzScoobyDoobie
    ItzScoobyDoobie Member Posts: 1

I played the autohaven map yesterday and i noticed a lot of dead zones in the map it makes it very easy for the killer to see you and no pallets to go to please fix this

• Manky
    Manky Member Posts: 192

lmao nobody noticed the completely insane rock spawns? Ive seen rock spawn on hooks and lockers, completely blocking them. You would think they would have certain places for hooks, lockers and rocks to spawn but they just overlap, completely blocking them with a massive boulder.

• Lefrongo
    Lefrongo Member Posts: 120

Ormond is one of those maps that just keeps being spammed like crazy, it really does need to be reworked, what BHVR should do is at least make the map have a thicker fog, but not as thick to make it impossible to see. Even the new autohaven map is darker than it should be, I've only won around like 2 times or so for that map.

• CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050

I disagree. Not having any harder of a time surviving.

• CountVampyr
    CountVampyr Member Posts: 1,050

Uh... okay? You revived a thread from over a month ago just to chime in with that?

I still like the map more than others.