An issue with the Twins no one is talking about.

Demogordon_Ramsay
Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503
edited December 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

Why does it take so long to switch to Charlotte?

Without Victor nearby she's a 115 Killer with ZERO abilities of any kind. Literally none. She's a Trapper without traps, a Legion without Frenzy, a Blight without Rush. The only special ability she has is the ability to be somewhere that Victor isn't.

She already struggles to apply pressure on her lonesome as is. So why, pray tell, is that further exacerbated by a 3-second channel time when switching from Victor to Charlotte?

3 seconds for Survivors to do what they need to do. 3 seconds for Survivors to run away from a Killer that's standing still. 3 seconds for Survivors to react to any fancy mindgames you can do by switching Killers.

It's silly and asinine. It takes half a second to switch from Charlotte to Victor, but six times that length to switch back to Charlotte. It should be, at most, 2 seconds. She has no power on her own, and having her wakeup be so incredibly sluggish and reactable really discourages what little smart, out-of-the-box maneuvers you can pull with her.

I am confident that if Charlotte's switch time were shortened, she would be much better at applying pressure while Victor is across the map, hiding somewhere while dormant to wake up and catch Survivors off guard, pulling all sorts of bait-and-switch mindgames, and generally just encouraging more people to play her and make use of her ability to be separate from Victor instead of just treating her like Victor's personal horse-drawn carriage before unbinding the gremlin and going to town. She'd be better as an independent Killer and allow Twins players more freedom to spread the two siblings across the map as if they were two Killers in one, not one Killer split into two.

People love talking about how good or bad or buggy or kickable Victor is, but for the love of all that is Dwelf, can we get some justice for Charlotte?

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

The only way I find them viable is to leave the baby in high traffic areas and at the hooks. Yes, you're.chasing without a power but I don't think its even worth to use your power on a healthy survivor when chase starts. By the time you wake up and get to the location where Victor latched onto them they are on the other side of the map. Or you'll miss and get crushed and you're back where you started

• SirCracken
    SirCracken Member Posts: 1,414

I agree. Being able to switch to Charlotte without the horrendous slowdown will definitely be an improvement.

• BabyCameron10
    BabyCameron10 Member Posts: 950

I just use her as a Cloaked Wraith. Body block gens and pallets. Especially gens that have one entrance to get into, like the one from the bathroom on The Game. I agree though, they should decrease the time to change to Charlotte.

• NekoTorvic
    NekoTorvic Member Posts: 778

Literally no reason why the transition takes so long... its another one of those things where they add a downside/slowdown to a killer ability for no reason.

• RocketPenguin
    RocketPenguin Member Posts: 374
    edited December 2020

People are talking about it. Its just that there are way bigger issues that are burying that conversation.

I agree tho

• dderosa1292
    dderosa1292 Member Posts: 5

because its not an issue

• Demogordon_Ramsay
    Demogordon_Ramsay Member Posts: 1,503

It is, though, and if you think it isn't, play something other than grey rank matches.

• Rougual
    Rougual Member Posts: 526

The worst feeling is when you want to place Victor down as an alarm or aura reading trap but first you have to:

1. Drop Victor.

2. Be forcibly swapped Victor.

3. Victor gets stuck in the ground.

4. You quickly switch back.

5. You switched too fast and caused the bug where Charlotte goes blind and stuck in a black screen.

6. You also triggered the OTHER bug caused by switching too fast and you enter an eternal fatigue state until you clear yourself of Victor, any hooked survivor and then finaly time the button press correctly while standing still to change back to Victor to reset your self destruct timer on Victor because he's still stuck in the ground, unusable and unrecallable on demand.

7. Wait a few seconds and pray you don't set off the Fatigue or Black Screen bugs again when you switch.

8. Switch back to Charlotte.

After all that you finally have your aura alarm ready, it only cost you your entire power to be disabled until Victor dies AND all the time to fix the bugs.