How are we feeling about the Blight?

Options
chieften333
chieften333 Member Posts: 1,554
edited December 2020 in General Discussions

Do we feel that he's good? Does he need a buff? A nerf?

Or do you think he just needs more Ketamine?

Edit: alternate question, how would y'all make blight tag useful?

Post edited by chieften333 on

Comments

• ZenithZX
    ZenithZX Member Posts: 43
    Options

He's got great mobility and is very powerful with Ruin/Undying (but who isn't?) but he has very clear counterplay based on the nature of his power. He's not overloaded like Freddy nor does he change the rules of the game like Nurse/Spirit do. I say he's below Freddy and Billy. So like B+ to A tier. I myself am somewhat mediocre at killer sometimes, but his raw map mobility has saved me more times than I can count.

• SirCracken
    SirCracken Member Posts: 1,414
    Options

More ketamine. He has a pretty high learning curve but is very powerful when played well.

Indoor maps can limit him but he's not completely shut down either. The most I think he needs is some of his add-ons tweaked.

I've used his recently changed Soul Chemical add-on, that causes survivors healing and repairing to get a "difficult" skill check if you rush towards them, but it doesn't stack with Unnerving Presence and is generally worse than what it was before.

On the opposite side of the scale the Alchemist's Ring is borderline broken if you're able to keep landing hits. It turns Blight into a slightly worse version of Nurse before she got her cooldowns, except with even more map pressure.

• DeliciousFood
    DeliciousFood Member Posts: 464
    Options

Best thing they've ever crapped out. Very good addons, power that requires skill and incentivizes chase while allowing map pressure which is barely possible in higher ranks without some speed.

Mastered like how some master nurse with good addons, and he's easily among the top with Spirit, Nurse and Freddy. I'd argue he's stronger than Spirit with his best build and a very skilled player. And yet he isn't as oppressive as some of these killers despite this.

All he needs is more consistent bumping. Right now it's pretty inconsistent and makes for frustrating gameplay.

• ilmiglioree
    ilmiglioree Member Posts: 30
    Options

Sorry for English I'm Italian.

Blight power need ability and luck in loop but survivor is more easily exposed compared to other killers when they moving from the first loop in search of another

(is similar to long range killers but instead of throwing something it throws itself and even if it fails at least it got close)

• Zaytex
    Zaytex Member Posts: 841
    Options

He's one of the best killers they have released recently to be honest.

He's got a great power that makes him strong, fair for both sides and with perks that add a new dynamic to gameplay, undying being the new meta perk and the other two being nice decent perks to consider.

He's really good.

• chieften333
    Options

You're doing good, most people say the blights main power is in between loops.

But they really underestimate his power in basic jungle gyms. Plus in some cases the blight can make killer shack a death trap.

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,656
    Options

The reason they changed Soul Chemical is that it was too similar to C21 in practice.

• chieften333
    Options

But even then it was much better before the change. Now it can barely even stand as a purple addon.

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,656
    Options

i didn't say it was a good reason, mind you. i'm just saying the reason.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

Please adjust his turn speed in a way that he's more manageable on console.

He's got the same problem on console like oni did in my opinion

• azame
    azame Member Posts: 2,870
    Options
  • azame
    azame Member Posts: 2,870
    Options

Oni is fine on console blights turn speed is also fine jsut practice.

• chieften333
    edited December 2020
    Options

Kind of? His lunge feels very clunky on console. Meanwhile pc players can manage to pull off full 180° turns. I hope they bring him more in line with how PC is able to use him.

Sadly I main our friendly neighborhood drug addict on console.

• Bard
    Bard Member Posts: 657
    Options
    1. Take the butter off of the terrain
    2. Move his camera to his face

...and he's fine.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    edited December 2020
    Options

Against Blight:

New Blight Player - "This is fun, exciting and invigorating, can't wait to face him again!"

Seasoned Blight Player - "OMG HE'S SO OP! NERF IT NOW! NERF IT INTO THE GROUND!"

Playing As Blight:

New Blight Player - "This sucks. He's so hard to get used to, and I can't hit anyone! Maybe I just should give up..."

Seasoned Blight Player - "THAT'S NOT GOING TO WORK ANYMORE! I AM BLIGHT, THE DESTORYER OF WORLDS, WITNESS ME, WEEP AND DISPAIR!"

Basically... If killers have the patience to "git gud" as Blight, then he'd get nerfed... so lets be thankful that most players aren't that patient, for the sake of all of our fun.

• chieften333
    Options
  • MasterGrit
    MasterGrit Member Posts: 331
    Options

Just raise pov and bug fix that would be enough.

The buff i want ? make his swing faster

• chieften333
    Options

Well I have patience... maybe I too can become a god with Blight

But alas, I'm on console

• TWiXT
    edited December 2020
    Options

Turn up the controller sensitivity to 100? Honestly Idk... But I feel for you. Whether it be because of FPS or Controller Issues, I can't help but mourn for my console brethren who don't know the joy of playing Blight without hinderances based on hardware limitations. Forgive me dude, for my previous comment. as it was made in ignorance of your plight. My heart weeps for you and your kind.

• chieften333
    Options

I've tried turning up my sensitivity. During the lunge and rush it feels great.

But during the regular chase... i can barely tell where I'm aiming. If a survivor moves slightly to the left I might just end up all the way in Ohio

• TWiXT
    edited December 2020
    Options

I believe Muscle memory is key when playing killers like Blight and Nurse, even if its just the muscles of your thumbs. I would say "keep practicing" and you'll get the hang of it, but I'd mostly be lying, as I'm not sure if the Thumbs can be as accurate in muscle memory as the wrist... But then again, I think back to when I played Halo 2 online in 2003 On PC, which was probably the first ever FPS that featured corss-play with Xbox players, and recall how while I often had the upper hand, I kept encountering console players that simply made me their ######### every time. So, I believe that with enough practice and muscle memory, no matter the perceived limitations, any player on either console or PC can beat anyone else. That's also how I currently feel about DbD's cross play feature. As a PC gamer, I've encountered many players on the console that are either easy to beat, or just rock me, no matter what role I'm playing.

If its a matter of Frames Per Second and Lag limitations though, I sympathize immensely, but when it comes to the controller vs mouse... I'm neutral in the debate, as I feel that getting a controller to match the speed of reflex the mouse provides PC players is simply a matter of sensitivity and muscle memory. While I can't be sure that 100 sensitivity of the controller can ever match the mouse entirely, it should at least provide enough of an advantage to compete with it for the most part.

So, if FPS is not your problem, then please work hard to get that muscle memory ingrained so you can have a better time playing killer. Yeah you'll suffer many losses as you adapt, but once you do... you will be a step above and beyond your console brethren, and above all, dominate them!

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193
    Options

all he needs is a POV change

• zoozoom6
    zoozoom6 Member Posts: 825
    Options

he is comfortably A tier

i like playing him most of the time

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

Sadly I've never played against him (one player trying to practice him who got 0 hooks doesn't count)

I'm loving playing him except for indoor maps and 🌽 which are hell

• DawnMad
    DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030
    Options

From survivor side, fun as hell to face. I would say he is an A tier killer with a high learning curve. He is fun to have chases with, seeing him sprint towards me while doing a gen is always a pleasure and being able to counter his power by running behind a few barrels is just funny. 9/10 my favourite killer to face currently.

• Greatamygdala
    Greatamygdala Member Posts: 292
    Options

Can I ask the veteran blight players here about what add on synergizes the most?

Recently bought the character and still trying to figure out what works for this and that playstyle.

• TurtleSushiTV
    TurtleSushiTV Member Posts: 156
    Options

Yeah def has a high learning curve. Going to start using him as he is a blast to play.

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,053
    Options

Since he is getting a POV change, I think he just needs bug fixes, especially on new Ormond, half of the map is unbounceable.

Also I would change few of his add-ons, I'm not saying his add-ons are bad, I'm just saying that I don't like some of them.

The Ultra Rare one that let's you break pallets with slams, not really that great, because Blight was buffed to have this ability base. (Mostly)

Also I think the rare add-on that increases the rush window when you slam is worthless, the yellow one is already good enough for what it should does I would say.

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,532
    Options

Blight is a good Killer mostly because he's hard to pull off, but he can do a lot if you master him. Reminds me a lot of Nurse and Huntress in that way

• FrostySeal
    FrostySeal Member Posts: 606
    Options

I've never heard a seasoned survivor player say that Blight needs a nerf...Like, ever. Its more often then not newer players that actually want him nerfed and even then its a very small minority.

• TWiXT
    edited December 2020
    Options

well yeah, against a seasoned/veteran survivor player, a seasoned Blight player is a welcomed challenge, but against everyone else from noob - decent, a seasoned Blight is a terror that must be nerfed, because obviously... he's just too powerful! I probably shoudla put in New Survivor and Seasoned survivor perspectives as well...

• Lefrongo
    Lefrongo Member Posts: 120
    Options

I've only seen a few players choose Blight as killer, there's been rare occurrences when I seen Blight in action. For some, I'd like to believe that if they're new to playing blight of course they would start to suck, but I've seen other people who done pretty well as Blight. I'm sure some people out there try anything as possible to try and win, using powers to their limits and reusing abilities. I've watched ordinary people do it so far as well in a couple of videos even if they're not veteran players. However,some perk balances do need to be checked so they can be kept in order.

• Canas
    Canas Member Posts: 1,021
    Options

He feels to terrible to play as, his camera is far too low and his actual gameplay far too inconsistent to be considered good. He's literally a worse Nurse since his power relies on knowing where survivors are at all times so that you can catch them out with your mobility. Making one single mistake will set you back massively. The key difference is that Nurse doesn't need to stare at a wall to use her power which makes it easier for her to keep track of survivors that are in her line of sight.

• Exor
    Exor Member Posts: 255
    Options

What I usually run is Alchemist Ring (best Add-On for him imo, allows you to be a slightly less lethal nurse but with 115% speed and way more mobility) and Compound 23 (I think that was the UR one) if I feel lazy.

This combo allows you to shred trough pallets faster than even a Bubba could and while Blight can destroy pallets basekit, he also needs to use 2 stacks and it takes longer. With these Add-Ons you hit a survivor with a rush, instantly get tokens back and rush after them, they often barely make it to a pallet, have to drop it early and then you just run into it, barely get stunned and by the time the stun is over you can rush again and down them. It also helps when you need to find the last survivor after closing the hatch by just running into walls near an exit gate, if you get points you know they are close and probably waiting for you to leave.

While Compound 23 is an easy to use boost, the alchemist ring does require you to be good with Lethal Rushes, but once you are it's possible to down people almost everywhere, probably 80% of my average hits are lethal rushes, so Alchemist Ring always finds a lot of use.

• Withered8
    Withered8 Member Posts: 1,235
    Options

One of the most balanced and well desgined killers to date, next to billy and huntress. Doesn't need any change apart from maybe bug fixes, which goes for half of the roster. Although undying probably does need a look at. Pairing undying ruin tinkerer on him is nutty, and good blights won't use it on him because they know how busted it is.

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

You don't need addons with him. He's very good just default all the way to Rank 1. Although that's not saying much with the skill of some survivors these days. :|

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

Blight's power is fine. His POV isn't tho, and it makes me wonder how much better he'll be once that gets fixed.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,288
    Options

Just all around fun in my opinion, both playing him and going against him. And he's pretty good too.

Quickly became one of my favorite killers and they'd have to really mess him up to stop me from playing him 😄

• Greatamygdala
    Greatamygdala Member Posts: 292
    Options

Yikes man that's some BP heavy stuff.

Got any tips or Youtubers I could take some notes on? I'm really having a hard time figuring out when to exactly use his Rush. So far I've been using it a awkward Billy saw to traverse the map and I would say I get some lucky hits with his lethal anything complicated pathing I'm doomed. to bounce like a pinball.

Also been using PGTW, Dragon's drip, BBQ Chili and Sloppy and I don't think this is really ideal with his power. What do you think?

• Exor
    Exor Member Posts: 255
    Options

Already typed out an answer but it somehow didn't get send correctly, so sorry if this isn't a very detailled answer.

Soo the only blight youtuber that I know of is ScottJund and he also uploaded a guide for the blight, although I haven't watched it yet so I don't know how good it is. I assume it is at least decent though and talks about certain tricks that you can use to your advantage.

If I have to give some advice myself it would be that you should abuse the fact that a lethal lunge doesn't have collision with the terrain, which allows you to slide off objects and hit people that you otherwise couldn't, combine this with the most important skill next to map knowledge, which is pre turning your camera before a lunge, which turns a 45 degree lunge into up to 180 degrees. Many players will try to stay behind small structures like those random rocks on disturbed ward to avoid a hit, but by using both the lack of collision and pre turning you can hit around the rock no matter what, there are only a few specific sizes of clutter that I didn't figure out yet how to guarantee a hit and requires faking a direction. These are also extremly important to make 90% of the existing loops rush-able, combined with fast aiming after a slam.

Another tip if you lose people during rushes, if you are ready to hit somebody running away from you, never run past them for your first slam so you can lethal rush them, since that wastes more travel time and allows them to lose LoS with you, you almost always can find an object between you too that you can quickly slam into and continue to lethal rush them without leaving them out of your sight.

Other than that ALWAYS use his power when possible. As a new killer thats generally what I recommend, even if it loses you the game, since playing it safe also prevents you from learning what you can and can't do with his power. Its better to look silly if you fail your first 10 games going for risky hits and actually get better with his power and gain an understanding of it, than to never improve.

Perk wise you have the standard build that benefits blight the most, which is BBQ (probably better perks out there, I am just a BP addict), Ruin/Undying and a free slot that I use for whatever, although many run tinkerer which admittedly is a great perk on him, especially if new, although you need to know priorities, it is better to let a gen go sometimes if its in a bad spot and you know you will get the down soon. Blight is REALLY good at defending both gens + totems and once you get good with him and use the alchemist ring you can turn into a legion that can down, its possible to quickly hit a person, run to a gen and make it regress WHILE hitting the person on it, THEN run to a totem and protect it while ALSO injuring that person in a span of 15-20 seconds. With that being said, your perks are fine, although I highly recommend getting ruin on him, even undying 1 is fine. This is just a personal opinion, but I really dislike running perks that only affect the m1 on my blight, since I can go multiple games with only ever hitting survivors via lethal rush, which makes those perks useless for me, although if you are still learning him and thus will probably use a fair share of m1's the perks you got are pretty reasonable imo.

Overall just practice, practice and practice. Go for risky plays or even straight up dumb ones. Learn what is possible and what isn't.

If you want we can also KYF and I can show you some of the stuff I said in practice.

• NekoTorvic
    NekoTorvic Member Posts: 765
    Options

Blight's the best thing to have happened to this game for me.

He just needs a coupld of QoL things:

-They need to fix his collisions. Too many objects he cant slam into, too many objects that trigger a slam even if you can barely see them in your FOV. I've learned several of these, of course, but its so easy to forget in the heat of the moment...

-His POV needs to be raised just a little so survivors can't just disappear cuz you can't see their scratches. Luckily they asre already working on it, and I'm looking forward to it.

-I think that after getting a lethal rush hit, or cancelling a rush his power meter should start recovering during the injection animation like it does when you break a pallet with a Lethal Rush. There is no reason for the cooldown to start going up only after the animation. It feels like a cooldown on top of a cooldown.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

Using the power as much as possible at first even if it costs you games is def good advice for learning any killer with a lethal power

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    Options

I think he himself can be a pretty deadly killer. The few skilled Blights i've been blessed to face were terrifying.

However, I think he's much harder to play on console so I'd love to see some kind of adjustment for that.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
    Options

He needs his camera and collision with various props fixed. He's strong regardless.

Pretty fun to play as, when you ping pong around the loops.

Pretty dull to verse. His 180° hit cone doesn't make any sense whatsoever. If the killer gets outplayed at a tile, the survivor can't make distance, because he's immediately on you again and it's even better for him because he can land a hit in the open. So, he has the potential of never being punished for mistakes. Which is most Blights have realized by now.

Some of his add-ons are busted and ruin/undying/tinkerer is just about one of the most boring builds I've ever used. Currently rocking Shadowborn, I'm All Ears, BBQ, Corrupt. Leaps and bounds more fun and healtier.