Remove postgame chat

Vetrathene
Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425
edited December 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions

I don't understand why this was added in the first place. And yes you can close it and yes I do, but it serves no purpose but to increase toxicity in an already toxic game. Its not on the console versions, and they don't seem to be in a hurry to add it. (As if they saw how horrible it was on PC and realized they should never do it again.)

Comments

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

Or just click the chat icon in the bottom right and settle with that. I don't see why everyone else needs it to be removed.

• Vetrathene

*points up to post* I mentioned I do close it. My problem is the face that if you did want to leave a good game or try to be nice, it leaves you open to have to see flaming angry people posting at you (and yes it happens on both sides). This game was originalyl built with lack of communication in mind (SWF being a whole other problem), so a post game chat serves no purpose. Killers and Survivors have no need to communicate with the other or theme selves, so I just think it should be removed. Mixed with my other suggestion to show SWF postgame, I honestly think it would reduce toxicity in the game itself.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,472

I usually say gg and play along with toxic people so I can hold them in that lobby so they can't go spread toxicity to another lobby as fast personally end game chat is pretty good

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

It's not all toxic, sometimes survivors congratulate or give kudos to each other (or even the killer) for good plays.

Sorry, you cannot be part of that - you said you had a means to close it, no reason ruin it completely for others.

• alimeria
    alimeria Member Posts: 55

The people are only going to be like that no matter if you play well or play poorly, so the best thing is to just ignore that as a focused and mature person, and enjoy your game no matter what your playing style is (PS if you disagree with that they play something more civ 5 is a good game)

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

If you close it, then why does it matter to you?

• Caleegi
    Caleegi Member Posts: 410

Its not always toxic, sometimes people are really nice in it. Just hide the chat or don't look at it, you could also just ignore it, boom! everyone is then happy!

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,780
  • Chechia
    Chechia Member Posts: 234

I actually have to agree with you.

While it is true that you can close the chat, that still doesn't take away the possibility of people taking out their anger issues in the endgame chat. It always creates an unpleasant feeling. And most people are simply not able to grow such a thick skin that insults doesn't bother them anymore especially if you just had a really bad game.

I have encountered wonderful people in the endgame chat but I rather not have those encounters anymore than giving toxic people a room to spread their negativity.

• AGM
    AGM Member Posts: 806

People are mean on the internet. It shouldn't be that way, but it is, so either stop being so sensitive or stop using the internet. Your inability to control your emotions doesn't give you the right to dictate whether others should be allowed to communicate with each other or not.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

so you dont like it, which justifies it being taken away from everyone?

if you dont like it, just close it. thats why the feature is there to begin with, so people who, like you, dislike the chat can have it inactive, while everyone else can use it.

you're basically trying to force your opinion on other people here, even though you already have all the freedome you need to take care of your "problem" without having to restrict others.

i for once like having a good chat with the others in endgame. whether that be with my survivor teammates, the killer, a specific player or generally everyone doesnt matter, its always nice to have.

• Kaitlin814
    Kaitlin814 Member Posts: 76

Lmao, these posts always give me a chuckle.

• Hyd
    Hyd Member Posts: 379

I genuinely fear for the state of the world once this snowflake generation grows up and starts to occupy more positions of power in government.

• TheButcher
    TheButcher Member Posts: 871

I have a hard time believing any survivor player being a good person. You must play both.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,780
    edited December 2020

I do play both but I wouldn't say that all survivor mains are just toxic idiots either :) those people just stick out more. Like, if you end a match and one guy doesn't reply, two guys say gg, and one guy says "too ez baby killer", you're going to remember the last guy. I do think everyone should play both sides though. It helps you play better and I agree that it tends to make people less toxic too.

• Vetrathene
    edited December 2020

The way it is, is not a good excuse. It is not the way it has to be. Things can change, and the way things change is by people speaking up and attempting to bring that change to the world, even if its in small steps.

Also people still have plenty of places to communicate, like the official discord and this forum. Places that are moderated. Places that (gasp) you can't say everything you might want to because you could get banned? So do you want to take away all moderation in the name of free speech?

• AGM
    AGM Member Posts: 806

What you're talking about has nothing to do with your original stance. You posited a choice between unmoderated free speech and no speech. I choose the former. If you want moderated speech, that's a separate issue entirely, and is not what you originally suggested.

An argument can be made for moderation if the forum is primarily used to abuse others, but my experience is quite the opposite of that. The few abusive comments I've received I'm able to shrug off (because I'm a grown ass man) or report if it gets into racism/homophobia territory.

Not to mention that there's an option to turn it off for those that emotionally can't handle all the "gg"s. Yet you want to remove that feature for everyone because someone called you a bad name on the internet? That's just not right imo.

• Enrage_Rabbit
    Enrage_Rabbit Member Posts: 8

well i dont know it either ppl just talking ######### in there and beeing toxic. Just hid the chat like me and the problem is solved.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

No thanks. Just disable it. For every bad experience I get a positive one with some cool players.

• CacahueseSeco
    CacahueseSeco Member Posts: 73

Agree, but you don't need to remove chat. Maybe this two options can be perfect, in my opinion

1- Just add a option to HIDE THE CHAT, and that's it. The one who don't want to see the post lobby chat, just press that option and it will be switch it off. (or the option to can mute some guy in special, maybe there are 1 toxic but the other 3 can be nice guys)

2- Make STRONGER the BANS for insult. (as dc ones, pls XD)

There are so much toxicity, but also many good people who i meet and talk with that are not toxic, just good people who you can talk with and share many good moments in post lobby. ( i miss too a voice chat in-game, as F13 but i can deal with it)