Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Are Gen Rushers a Community Problem?

Comments

• MichaelAMyers
    MichaelAMyers Member Posts: 292

Trust me it's not the issue of them doing objective it's the fact they purposely do it to screw over the Killers for their own fun.

It's like someone waiting in a lobby got 20+ mins just to have people DC purposely to avoid getting you the proper Win.

I use Community to give an indication that it's yes a SFW concept more than Randoms (but it seems Randoms are doing this as well)

• Zaytex
    Zaytex Member Posts: 841

I'd argue Gen rushing is foregoing altruism (letting people die) and dedicating perks, items and behaviour to the generators only.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

"Gen rushing" is a problem of the game, and so is "kill rushing".

As stupid as it might sound... if you want to have genrushing fixed, you have to trade it for killrushing. The killrates are already insanly high, there is no way they gonna just nerf the gens again and leave the killer side untouched.

• zackdaylight
    zackdaylight Member Posts: 190

You either simply can’t read or you just can’t comprehend, so I’m just going to stop now. You literally are talking about things that are completely different than what I was talking about lmfaoo. Are you ok?

• MichaelAMyers

Nah bro you need to read and comprehend yourself because what you said for me isnt me making any excuses but proving multiple experiences playing as multiple killers.

so "lmfao" are you ok? but I'll accept your concession since you brought nothing of value here.

• MichaelAMyers

Killers can't see Survivors Add-Ons or Perks....we just see their items right?

Imagine being in a Group right? you have the advantage....the top advantage over the Killer.

Imagine calling out where the killer is imagine following the killer just to be chased on purpose.

Imagine having those specific unseen Add-Ons/Perks just being toward progression of Gens and other such things just to see them teabagging and etc when you realize their plan and seeing gens be popped off because you tried to get some BP?

Gens take about 1-2 mins to do if there is no "Hex" and etc so they have this advantage and they know it and will laugh about it because they know the killer has to find and chase them to stop them from being on gens.

They are laughing literally and hypothetically and before you ask how would I know? I been in SFW with survivors like that they choose to shorten the killers game purposely for their fun be it out of boredom or not.

• xEa

Yes, kill rushing. I dont understand why you are confused. Genrushing is a term that is as relative as killrushing. Doing the objective as fast as possible.

We have 70% killrate, you wont get genrush fixed unless you nerf killers or buff maps for survivor

• MichaelAMyers

Nerfing Killers is always happening and maps are getting reworks and revamps.....so I dont see your point? thats 70% can easily be for multiple factors from bad players, bad connections, AFK Players, the "Are you friendly" and etc.

I was dumb founded not confused my short match ever was 5 mins because the survivors wanted to rush me for their friend.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

Because on the opposite side of the spectrum there are also tools to get a survivor out of the match ASAP. So it balances out.

• megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826

I think rushing anything is harsh in the game, but I don't want to seem entitled to having a chance at playing either side. Like, if I'm not even in a chase with a survivor and two or three gens pop, I get really nervous, but it's not their fault for having the method, no matter how unfun it might be. And as a survivor, I hate getting slugged at the beginning of the match because it's the fastest win. I prefer matches that take time, since it causes more tension and more adrenaline!

• savevatznick
    savevatznick Member Posts: 651

Survivors are not sabotaging gameplay by doing their only objective and escaping. Playing to win is not toxic nor is it a "community problem".

The real problem ends up being that the time to win for survivors is grossly disproportionate to the time it takes a killer to get a winning amount of hooks. Gen times are ridiculously variable depending on toolboxes and Prove Thyself.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

@megswifey

I think it’s safe to say that everyone prefers matches that take a decent amount of time. Not overly long but not overly short either.

The problem lies in two things. RNG and the killer/survivor’s playstyle. So if as a survivor or killer you had a bad experience in previous matches due to those two things, they are going to make sure they are better prepared next time. Depending on where they failed, whether pressuring survivors or doing gens because no one else wanted to.

That in itself creates a problem for the next opponent who might (for all we know) want to play as casual as possible. This is why I hate the amount of RNG this game has. From map set ups or lack there of ... to no one bringing DS but getting camped on first hook... or on the killer’s side not bringing slow downs and everyone has a box.

• xEa

You think? When i look at the patch notes the last... i dont know, 2 years, i find 5 times more survivor nerfs then killer nerfs. Also stuff you speak about like map changes are always chaning in the favour of killers since ages. There has not been a single map buff for survivors since..i dont remember, release?

Those 70% winrate is because of bad players? If survivors are that bad, why would you have a problem winning against them?

Those 70% are because of connection? So if the killer looses his connection at some point, i guess that does not count?

Those 70% are because of AFK players? Killer never go afk?

The 70% come from "farming"? Killers dont want to farm ever, i heard........

People on both sides are equaly bad, equaly afk, equaly dcing and equaly "friendly". If a killer dcs, it effects 5 people, if a survivor dcs, its effect 5 people. And if the survivor plays bad it also effects 5 people.

Like i said, this made up term "genrushing" is as much made up as "killrushing". Its doing the objective fast. You wont get a slowdown on objective if survivors wont get something in return - no matter if you like it or not.

To agree with you on something I also would appreciate if games go longer tho.

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929

yes actually, by using the term "gen-rushers" and even explaining your definition of gen rush, shows how even you don't actually know what the terms refers to.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

How often do you face legit gen rush squads though?

In my experience you face them veeeeeeery rarely

• zackdaylight

I need to read and comprehend? Lmfaoo dude you literally act like a 12 year old. You said I was the one making excuses with comms and non-comms yet I brought up comms because you said “I can surely say the killers aren’t yet again OP especially with a group” and I said no ######### the killers aren’t OP when you’re in a group, because this game isn’t meant for you to be in a group with comms. It’s literally not implemented in the game. Like what? Can you read?? How is that me making an excuse? Lmfao. Are your tears covering the words on your phone?

• MichaelAMyers

Sigh always gotta be the ones calling others "12 years old" when whining and crying like one?....

1. What does comms/non-comms have to do with how a Killer is OP or not?....because it doesn't all killers are and let me repeat are DIFFERENT it's all determinable by how the player plays correct? so with or without coms which you know we have PSN voice chat, Discord, and cellphones that replaces that non-implemented feature in the game still making your illogical argument still irrelevant.
    2. Yes I can read can you? you are making excuses because you aren't simply good as a survivor with or without comms and making excuses to cry about how OP Killers are when they aren't as its all player determined , "Are your tears covering the words on your phone" nah but that projection is as real as your "I'm not going to reply" bs.

How about you do what you say and not reply? I am not here for conversations with children, who wanna do "I have the last word!" bs so in the words of Superman himself:

• MichaelAMyers

Pre-Crossplay? Yeah I ran into a few from time to time.

Post-Crossplay? I meet ALOT of them from Xbox to PC.

• MichaelAMyers

And like I'll repeat then by all logical means Face Camping and Slugging is part of the game.

• wildcardyo
    wildcardyo Member Posts: 125
    edited December 2020

You want the truth? You might not like it when you hear it. You might be in disbelief.

Gen rushing has been a blatant issue for the game for a long time now.

The devs have neglected to balance the game and have left it impossible to win against competent survivors. Moreover, the devs have neglected to prevent cheats. This needs attention!

I can't believe this is still news to most of the community, but the only killers that can beat good survivors (survivors that actually do what they are capable of doing) are using wall hacks or are lucky because no matter their skill level, the best killers cannot compete with survivors anywhere near the same skill level.

Anti cheat does not work. Might as well spill the beans so this gets the exposure it needs to fix it. Just like in most FPS games, nearly every top killer streamer you are seeing is using wall hacks or toggling. Watch carefully over time and you will see they are both good at the game and are using assistance. I won't name names, but literally every top killer streamer is doing this. Of course they have to hide it and of course the streaming programs block it out. The devs likely know this just like FPS developers of other games. If they were to ban the faces of the game in the streaming community, it would only hurt their agenda to foster a popular game. So it is the elephant in the room and most people are oblivious and think there are gods among men skill level wise. Yes they are good without assistance, but they are consistently insane with it.

As for everyone else playing legitimately, many killers on forums will claim they do well consistently. I win consistently too, but it is because I am not playing against good survivors a majority of the time. I usually play against average survivors. Since matchmaking is basically random, there are usually 1 or more potatoes in every survivor group, especially now with console/pc crossover.

2 top tier survivors can carry a 4 man squad with potatoe survivors a majority of the time, on a majority of maps, even when the killer plays all their cards to the same top tier. That is how much of an advantage the survivor side has in this game.

Killers are severely, severely disadvantaged against survivors who split up and gen rush on separate generators on every side of the map and actually use everything at their disposal.

It is literally impossible to win legitimately no matter what killer you play and no matter how good you are, if the survivors actually play well.

In any pvp game, there should be counters. There is nothing that counters good survivors who spread out. They have way too much at their diposal.

• zackdaylight
    edited December 2020

I’ve honestly never met a person who uses their brain as little as you do. And you probably sit here wondering why your post has no upvotes. So if you clearly can’t read, then explain why you said “I can surely say that killers aren’t OP, especially in a group”? Explain it. Because that sure sounds a lot like you saying that “survivor is easier, especially when you’re in a group. So killers aren’t OP”. Which is why I said no #########, killers aren’t OP if you’re in a group. That’s because you’re doing something the game isn’t meant to let you do.. talking and communicating with your teammates. you act like you’re correct about everything and this whole thread is you acting like a brat arguing with everybody. Obviously you’re just an ignorant troll.

• MichaelAMyers

"I've honestly never met a person who uses their brain as little as you do."

Oh the irony since you are obviously looking in a mirror and proving how little you use your own brain here.

"And you probably sit here wondering why your post has no upvotes."

Firstly no one cared about upvotes LOL im not you i don't seek some fake reputation online as validation I'm not no loser my guy, but you mentioning it when you have no real upvotes is a indication that you worry about that factor more than the discussion proving how immature you are by default.

So if you clearly can’t read, then explain why you said “I can surely say that killers aren’t OP, especially in a group”? Explain it.

I am wondering if your small brain can comprehend that I been answered that twice now do I have to say it so slow so your brain can comprehend it? if so fine I'll go to pre-school lvl so you can fully understand.

IT IS CALLED EXPERIENCE and since you are clearly bad as a survivor by so much projection here it surely reflects you view the bad/good killers are OP because you don't grasp the game.

Because that sure sounds a lot like you saying that “survivor is easier, especially when you’re in a group. So killers aren’t OP”. Which is why I said no [BAD WORD], killers aren’t OP if you’re in a group.

Now you switching it all up??? Which is it slowpoke are they are OP or they aren't???? you originally said this:

The problem is, is that killers are OP. So people feel the need to get gens done as quickly as possible. But that’s not genrushing, that’s just playing the game.

Now you stating they aren't OP in a group? do you know how to have a linear conversation or just going to say ######### to say #########? because you keep going on for what reason? because you dont like hearing other people's opinions???

That’s because you’re doing something the game isn’t meant to let you do.. talking and communicating with your teammates.

Where is it written you aren't meant to communicate with your teammates? if you weren't meant to do something it would be bannable or disallowed which it isn't and people do it sooooo either way that still gives a Advantage over the killer proving a problem does it not???

you act like you’re correct about everything and this whole thread is you acting like a brat arguing with everybody. Obviously you’re just an ignorant troll.

Bro you legit the only dude here who thinks their comment is "Always correct" and then you mention "Upvotes" as some validation treatment LOL you surely lost more and more credibility to comment here and aren't you the brat arguing with me about what i said? still the same analogy different method but since you wanna call people an ignorant troll and a brat why are you STILL here when you said you won't continue after clearly taking an L when CONCEDING, oh because you are the BRATY IGNORANT TROLL who is offended that I don't agree with your subjective opinion about KILLERS.

the more you reply the more and more you proven how you are the "Braty Ignorant Troll" and not me so lets see if you have the intelligence/maturity to take up your own words and shut up and leave this thread already when hours ago you said you'll leave so as Superman will state again to you:

• zackdaylight

wow, your small brain still doesn’t grasp anything huh? Yeah you definitely have to be trolling. Theres absolutely no way anybody could be this clueless. Either that or you’re actually literally a 12 year old.

i guess I need to dumb it down for you.

”I’ve been answered that twice now it’s called experience” but yet you said I was making excuses when I said “of course killers aren’t OP when you’re in a group, that’s because you’re doing something the game isn’t supposed to let you do. Talk” which is literally what the devs have said. They do not want players to be able to communicate with each other. If they could ban all communication, they would. But they can’t. So then how am I the one making excuses for that, when you were the one trying to say killers aren’t OP, especially in a group. And you want to talk about experience. Well a killer could have the same exact experience as each survivor, but if they’re in a group and communicating like “bro get down in front of this locker I’m going to head on him” or “I’m going to go in for the save, let him hit me, then you save him” or “yo just do gens, don’t bother coming to save me, he’s just camping as leatherface” etc. so that is why I’m trying to tell you you’re wrong. You can’t judge a killer and say if they’re “OP” or not by you playing in a group. You’re not meant to be able to communicate with one another. Yet you said I was the one making excuses for this comment lmfaoo. Hopefully your brain grasps it now

• HarlowXRaven
    HarlowXRaven Member Posts: 191

If you camp, mori or tunnel you have no right to complain about these things and seeing as how toxic you are getting in the chat seems that you do might want to evaluate your priorities not everyone is in a swf and not every swf has an endless amount of information. If they put bloodlust tier 1 and take off mori, keys and hatches then maybe people will stop genrushing. As a solo survivor I believe lots of genrushers are solo survivors they have no idea whether or not someone else is working or gens or if someone is doing an objective either. Swf is a little better but unless their pros at communicating unlike most swf i've been in we just communicate if someone is being chased and whos working on gens. Don't group people into one group but people like you make me believe that survivors should be more toxic you do all this stuff and cant win without it but if someone was to bring ds you'd be pissed.

• MichaelAMyers
    1. Not being toxic if I wanted to be toxic I would be behaving like "ZackDaylight" here saying "Im going to leave" but keeps going after already conceding, I don't have to "Evaluate" any "priorities"
    2. Camp,Mori, and Tunnel? never mentioned these nor have I complained about them.
    3. Never said "Everyone" if you scroll up and like I said the previous you can read that I said I have met both randoms and SWF doing this method.
    4. I dont get pissed at DS because its a balance to actual "Toxic" Killers and you saying I'm grouping people but you just grouped me with toxic people which I'm not so why should I take anything you just said at any face value?
  • cobie_
    cobie_ Member Posts: 2

No, I think gen speed as it is right now is fine.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,225

It's more of a killer/map issue. My team got gens done in 6 minutes on Rotten Fields against Pig over the weekend. Two Prove Thyselves and a single yellow toolbox with charges/socket swivels and Built To Last between 4 of us. We made no attempt to loop anything and never had trouble finding pallets. Granted, we had a trap death due to horrible RNG with Tampered Timer/Crate of Gears and got hit with NOED, but still. First thing we said when we saw Pig was "Throw pallets immediately because they can't possibly outpace our gens."

• MichaelAMyers

Agreed on it being a Map issue and slightly for Killer, I don't see why we cant get better perks for anti-gen progress.

I know Thantophobia is a good perk for nerfing their base speeds but for items it should also affect.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,225

Killers do have good anti-gen perks. They're just reliant on pressure and downs, which killers like Pig struggle with against good teams. In my example, that rank 1 Pig had 2 hooks total at the 6 minute mark. Struggled to even hit anyone due to her weak-ish power. My example is the extreme end of things because it's a competitive environment against 2000+ hr survivors that practice together all the time, but it's all relative. A Freddy with Ruin/Undying creates a sense of urgency to cleanse. A Clown with that same build is a non-factor against that same team.

• MichaelAMyers

Man you making it sound like Killers aren't that OP but agree it has to do with the power+perks they have.

• zackdaylight

Dude just shut up. I hope your toxic account gets banned from this forum

• zackdaylight

Ah see you have no response because you know you’re wrong. You’re obviously truly an ignorant troll looking for attention because you get none. And yes my response was a counter to what you said. Your counter to “killers are OP” was “killers are definitely not OP, especially in a group” that’s the most asinine response I’ve ever seen. No ######### sherlock. That’s not even a counter response lmfao you’re a clown hahaha

• MichaelAMyers

says the one who needs to "Shut up" and have his account banned himself? you legit getting triggered not me.

• MichaelAMyers
    edited December 2020

Why would I have a response to someone who didn't just already lose a losing argument but also conceded? do you even logic?

Yes you are a "Truly ignorant troll" you got so triggered because I said Killers aren't OP (Multiple people here can testify its determined on who plays the character) also aren't you the one seeking my attention right now just contradicting yourself now smh.

Your response didn't counter anything I said all you gave was a "weak" subjective opinion not based on any facts nothing you stated was factual just bias from your ego.

If i'm a clown then why is your name on a Clown Certificate due to you conceding? (inb4 he just further proves himself to being the true ignorant troll here who is so hurt that he cant have a last word like some egomaniac)

again?....

• zackdaylight

Wow, you still can’t even read. How are you even on this forum? Don’t you have to be at least 13?

oh so my “opinion” isn’t factual yet yours is lmfaoo dude let me meet whoever raised you, they obviously are clueless. It’s actually hilarious how you can’t read

• freddymybae
    freddymybae Member Posts: 613

This! All s killers have some way to teleport if a killer wants to be s tier he needs a tp

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

"Gen rushing" is such a weird thing to call out as a problem to me. Survivors' central goal -- their main motivation in this game, beginning to end -- is to complete generators. There are obviously options that make this action more efficient, and people will use them, and team up to crush a gen fast, etc. This cannot be a problem, anymore than it is a problem for a baseball team to just keep hitting home runs against their opponents.

The problem is that most killers don't have the mobility to pressure gens thoroughly enough. This is not a survivor problem, because the survivors are just doing what they are supposed to do. It is a killer problem, because many killers lack an appropriate response.

• MichaelAMyers

Funny you are the one who cant read you keep proving me right but cant comprehend it, also you don't even have the intellect of a 5 yr old to under that you proven my point that you are the one being the troll (multiple times with evidence) not me so thank you for proving that ;)

Your opinion about the killers being OP grouped or not isn't remotely factual. :)

Yes mines is because its not based on "Opinions" but a objective fact you nimrod.

1. You obviously wasn't raised right by the given fact you keep replying when you said this is a waste of time and that you left but you keep coming back for my attention and for my responses which is something that only trolls do online. (Further validating and showing what I said is factual about you.)
    2. If I can't read how did I respond and debunk your nonsense? jeez your parents must have home schooled you to be this ignorant/illiterate of what responding means since responding to your statements involves me reading and comprehending.

Watch everyone as as Zackdaylight here proves it further and further by his responses and his goal to seek my validation in this post that he can't handle walking away from something he said is below him. (Given that he responded numerously he must be triggered eitherway)

• Squirrel_Thicc
    Squirrel_Thicc Member Posts: 2,677

Not a community problem, it's a gameplay problem.

• Lefrongo
    Lefrongo Member Posts: 120

If you're getting close to becoming a red rank, you should've seen this coming so I'm not sure why you're complaining. It's just a strategy that tends to happen a lot, survivors have it just as hard. I keep from gaining a rank to loosing pips rather fast and deranking again, the struggle for survivors are also there. Which is why they should atleast have a cooldown for losing pips way too fast, have you tried tunneling generators? It's one of the few tactics that can tend to help a lot if the generator placements are in favor of the killer, but balancing the map's structure and dead zones being placed at fair areas is something the developers should be working on. Sure we can go back and forward on who's performance is rather weak in terms of winning bloodpoints to the max. Some survivors even wear brightly colored clothing too, which gives the killer an advantage; they probably due it for the challenge. Not actual tome challenges by the way, difficulty can be fun for people but not for everyone.

I'd like to say that there should be a separate category for other players that enjoy their play style, just like Overwatch's "Arcade" mode, it's more for casual players than it is for competitive players who like to get into the ranks. This is one of my few brainstorm ideas, would be neat to have more fun modes instead of just one because sometimes the game can feel rather lacking, making it seem like a high definition mobile game up scaled for console and PC players, not gonna lie there.

• MichaelAMyers

Some saying community some saying gameplay for me its a issue that should be worked upon and not ignored.

• MichaelAMyers

I dont care for red ranks and not complaining because its an issue for gameplay regardless.