Ready up glitch

Gravewalker200
Gravewalker200 Member Posts: 451

Every few games I play with friends it shows that they are not ready on my screen(PS4) and they load into lobbies without me. It is completely random and only happens in 2 man from what I have seen

29 votes

Need more info · Last Updated

Could you provide some more information on the circumstances where the issue occur? Can it occur on the first party after booting the game or does it usually happen after a few games have already occured? Has the game been idling on the main menu for a while before the issue occurs? A video of the issue occurring would be very useful as well.

Comments

• Krevetka
    Krevetka Member Posts: 3

I get this exact bug on PC as well. Made a thread about it not too long before this.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/146741/pc-have-to-restart-game-between-games-due-to-a-lobby-bug

• chaosdriver
    chaosdriver Member Posts: 74

I get this bug on xbox. For them it will she that I'm not readied up when I actually am. Then all of a sudden their characters go gray and it says they're in a match (got in a lobby) and I get an error saying unable to connect to host. The only way to fix it is to restart the game. It only happens after a game or two. Never happens on the first game. It happens more often when I die first and either spectate for a long time or don't spectate at all and sit in the lobby and wait for their game to finish.

• kris_tina
    kris_tina Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2020

I get this bug EVERYTIME I play with one other person on PS4!!! It’s horrible! I have to restart the game multiple times!

• kris_tina
    kris_tina Member Posts: 2

heres what I do-start the game...create a lobby...invite my friend...he joins and then it doesn’t show he is ready’d up but it says we both are and I’m looking for a game. I finally get a game but it’s just me and not him loaded in. I have to restart my game multiple times and so does he for us to finally get it to work. Not sure what finally gets it to work because we do the same thing everytime!

• Stormgladiator706
    Stormgladiator706 Member Posts: 1

I can confirm I actually came here to find a way to fix this I try joining my friends and either I can't see them entirely or they are ready and I can't see the check it just doesn't load into lobbies when this happens and I can't even play with them because it happens literally every time

• Oxygen_stealer
    Oxygen_stealer Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2020

My friend is having the same issue as well on ps4, He would have to restart the game at least 3 times till it lets us play then after the game we have to do it again. Anyway to fix this yet?

Post edited by Oxygen_stealer on
  • Oxygen_stealer
    Oxygen_stealer Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2020

To show proof, here is side by side screenshots of my screen and my friends screen showing that on my screen we are both ready but on their screen he is ready and I’m not.

mine:

^

His

Post edited by Oxygen_stealer on
  • Peepo
    Peepo Member Posts: 108

Happens on PC as well in about 1\10 games

• Splinterverse
    Splinterverse Member Posts: 445

This happens all the time on PC since Silent Hill update.

It happens when someone new joins the party OR after returning from a match with the same team and queuing up for another.

The only way to know is you have comms and you say "Is everyone seeing everyone as ready and seeing 'looking for match' in the lower right?" This is what I ask when the queues are long. If someone answers "No," we ask them, "Who does not appear ready?" Then that person unreadies and readies again as a fix.

If I'm the culprit, I just say "I'm already ready already!" lol

• RussianBot236
    RussianBot236 Member Posts: 1

This happens to me as well on ps4,

The circumstance would be when my friend invites me or when I invites him the same thing happens, We both ready up, On his screen he is readied and I am as well but on my screen he is not readied but I am, This happens every time we try to invite each other and the only way it seems to work is when we manually join each other. Then after every game it kicks me out of the lobby and says "Failing to connect" . I then have to close application and do the same thing over again and sometime i have to close applications 2 to 3 times for it to work. Is something being done or can I do anything to fix it?

• hoetito69
    hoetito69 Member Posts: 1

I as well cannot find a match with my friends as of lately. We have to close the application several times for it to work and lately it has not and it’s just getting annoying at this point. I’m tired of playing solo. It’s either one of us doesn’t appear ready or and error occurs in which we can’t host a lobby.

• OmniShenron
    OmniShenron Member Posts: 2

(PS4) It's November now and this bug still happens in SWF lobby, me and my friends left this game for months because of this bug, and nothing has been done about it? This bug is the main reason me and my friends left DBD.

• DangerGrem
    DangerGrem Member Posts: 1

(Mobile) it’s happening on mobile too. Me and my bf wanna play together, we got 1 game and then we were both readied up together and when it tried to find us a game it only puts one of us in and the other gets an error. When is this gonna get fixed? The whole point of this is to play with your friends!

• GraysonTaylor17
    GraysonTaylor17 Member Posts: 3

This is still happening as of December 25th, 2020.

Seen cross platform between PS4 and XB1 players. It shows as not all players ready to a different person everytime. Tried using only in-game invites rather than inviting the other XB1 player through the Xbox system.

This also occurred when the PS4 user switched to XB1. We tried the same thing, but still no results.

I think what may be causing the issue is if players are ready and then another player joins, the issue occurs. Not entirely sure. We did get it to repro several times that way though.

• ellieosheaa
    ellieosheaa Member Posts: 1

still happening on xbox august 2021 🙄 i’ve been trying to work out ways to fix it but nothing i try works, jus have to keep resetting my game over and over. if anyone knows anything please message me on ig or xbox 😭

ig : ellie.osheaa

xbox : ellieosheaa

• toksgyvenims
    toksgyvenims Member Posts: 4

Same for me on xbox one s. After the match my teammates are shown to me as if they are in a match, but they aren't, and after that i am not getting any invites. I need to restart my game almost after every game and progress are not saved when this bug occurs.

• Focus
    Focus Member Posts: 14

Happens ALL THE TIME to me and my friends. (Closing the game and restarting it usually fixes it.)

We all play on Pc through Game Pass. With three or four people it usually desyncs after a single game and we all have to restart. One or more people will be shown as still in match or someone's lobby will show people as not ready when in reality they are. Sometimes some of us will load in but one will be left behind.

With just 2 people it works half the time.

it's not ideal and some of my friends have moved on.

I can't blame them. It's ridiculous to expect them to restart the game every time we play a match.

• Zyie
    Zyie Member Posts: 90

This issue has been happening since I first started playing the game, over a year ago.

I play on Game Pass.

This happens very frequently if one or both players have either played some games solo/in a different party before playing together, if one person survives ~a few minutes longer or more while the other survivor backs out to the ready-up screen, if a player spends a few minutes in the shop or the archives.

It can also occur when none of those examples apply, but you have played a few games together already.

The only solution that seems to work is for one or both players to restart their games fully. Just leaving the party and re-inviting almost always causes the same issue to occur again.

• RL9VI
    RL9VI Member Posts: 1

Happens for me XSX basically every single game. What's more annoying is that even when we do get a game together that works only one game will work then same ready up glitch will happen.

• Focus
    Focus Member Posts: 14

Haven't even gotten to play one game this patch (Portrait of a Murder) without my 4 man party each having to restart the game twice before all of us saw each other as being ready in the game lobby.

I feel embarrassed to have even asked them to play.

• Cabbage
    Cabbage Member Posts: 349

Happens on Xbox too after every single game. Has been getting progressively worse each patch

• Lenox
    Lenox Member Posts: 234

I'm on PC (Steam).

This has been happening to my friend Xbox (on Game Pass) since we started playing in December 2020.

Someone I recently started grouping with also has the issue. They're on PC (Game Pass).

• pencels
    pencels Member Posts: 2

I play on PC (Steam) and have up to a 4-person SWF split across multiple platforms (DBD for Windows, DBD on Xbox). After most matches, we'll have the lobby bug out in a number of ways. (1) We either see one or more of the party is still in a match, (2) someone gets removed from the lobby due to some unknown error, or (3) someone gets left behind when we finally match against a killer.

We end up having to restart the game after every match in order to fix the lobby and it really makes SWF inconvenient to play for all of us.