I Hate Hallowed Blight

I haven't had a single good game as survivor since the event started. It seems like there's a killer bias due to their event points coming from hooks, something killers do already, but survivors have to go out of their way and focus on an extra objective for nectar instead of it coming from generators, which makes more sense, no?
Plus I'm getting really annoyed at the little event window that comes up after every game after getting some nectar, and the post-game lobby seems to be a bit buggy now.

Comments

• AChaoticKiller
    AChaoticKiller Member Posts: 3,104
    @centren well I guess I'm a nectar hog. I got 5 as survivor and 6 as killer so far. I think getting at least 10 vials a day is pretty easy as long as you don't get insane wait time in the lobby.
  • kisfenkin
    kisfenkin Member Posts: 617

@Exciter said:
    I haven't had a single good game as survivor since the event started. It seems like there's a killer bias due to their event points coming from hooks, something killers do already, but survivors have to go out of their way and focus on an extra objective for nectar instead of it coming from generators, which makes more sense, no?
    Plus I'm getting really annoyed at the little event window that comes up after every game after getting some nectar, and the post-game lobby seems to be a bit buggy now.

I couldn't agree more. The killers will definitely have an easier time if even one of the survivors is focused on nectar. It is totally unfair the they get progress towards what they were already doing.

In my opinion, the flowers should have ONLY been on hooks. If survivors sabotaged a flowered hook they get their nectar, and actually gain something that would be at least slightly useful.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,900
    edited October 2018

Making an objective that has nothing to do with surviving is a terrible idea. Survivors are all plant hunting, getting caught and hooked, and no gens are getting done.

This is why I just bought my Hallowed Dwight cosmetic. I'm not wasting time on those plants.

• Exciter
    Exciter Member Posts: 38

Has anybody significant brought up how unbalanced this event is yet? Or are devs completely aware and are just shilling out to killer crybabies?

• KiolL
    KiolL Member Posts: 46

@Dwight_Fairfield said:
    Making an objective that has nothing to do with surviving is a terrible idea. Survivors are all plant hunting, getting caught and hooked, and no gens are getting done.

This is why I just bought my Hallowed Dwight cosmetic. I'm not wasting time on those plants.

The problem there is that u will be the only one doing objectives... =/

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,900

@KiolL said:

@Dwight_Fairfield said:

The problem there is that u will be the only one doing objectives... =/

Yeah but what else can I do? At least if I get two gens done someone has a chance for the hatch.

• Exciter

It's simply just not as profitable to play survivor now when you can secure easier wins as a killer going against nectar tunnelers. PrettyGoodBlunderSoFar/10

• Malakir
    Malakir Member Posts: 799
    Exciter said:

@kisfenkin said:

@Exciter said:

I couldn't agree more. The killers will definitely have an easier time if even one of the survivors is focused on nectar. It is totally unfair the they get progress towards what they were already doing.

In my opinion, the flowers should have ONLY been on hooks. If survivors sabotaged a flowered hook they get their nectar, and actually gain something that would be at least slightly useful.

That's actually and interesting and way more fair concept, having to fight over nectar with the killers. Either way, this is a HUGE killer bias. Asymmetrical AF.

Killer bias lol
    Guys what's the difference between the time you spend to nectar and the time you take to please a totem? Oh right most survivor dont do that then cry about noed

Its not that different, I'm used to cleanse all totems I see and this event makes it swap from totems to nectar. Dont cry over greediness. Like over altruistic surveys giving them inv frames, which is no more thankfully.

Even totems doesn't give much by your line of thinking but I do those all the time. More bp and more boldness for emblems, wow almost like the nectar with bp and points for cosmetics
  • DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Don't participate then.
  • Exciter

@Malakir said:
    Exciter said:

@kisfenkin said:

@Exciter said:

That's actually and interesting and way more fair concept, having to fight over nectar with the killers. Either way, this is a HUGE killer bias. Asymmetrical AF.

Killer bias lol
    Guys what's the difference between the time you spend to nectar and the time you take to please a totem? Oh right most survivor dont do that then cry about noed

Its not that different, I'm used to cleanse all totems I see and this event makes it swap from totems to nectar. Dont cry over greediness. Like over altruistic surveys giving them inv frames, which is no more thankfully.

Even totems doesn't give much by your line of thinking but I do those all the time. More bp and more boldness for emblems, wow almost like the nectar with bp and points for cosmetics

So by that logic, there are potentially double to totems to get, which means double the time not being spent on fixing gens or helping survivors, AND decreases the probability of hexes being cleansed? Cause with the speed at which games progress now, survivors aren't able to spread themselves that thin.
    Maybe "bias" isn't the correct word, but the event is blatantly one-sided.

• Just_Meh
    Just_Meh Member Posts: 96
    Oblitiry said:
    All the bad killers can win all the time now at least! 

Yes we can and that's the way it should be. 
  • Just_Meh
    Exciter said:

@Malakir said:
    Exciter said:

@kisfenkin said:

@Exciter said:

Killer bias lol

So by that logic, there are potentially double to totems to get, which means double the time not being spent on fixing gens or helping survivors, AND decreases the probability of hexes being cleansed? Cause with the speed at which games progress now, survivors aren't able to spread themselves that thin.
    Maybe "bias" isn't the correct word, but the event is blatantly one-sided.

Why shouldn't it be? 
  • kisfenkin
    edited October 2018

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    Don't participate then.

You mean that all survivors just shouldn't play at all? What about the normal people that aren't obsessed with playing only killer or only survivor but play both? I thought the point of this thread is that the event is ruining regular gameplay... If there are no survivors there is no game.

• DeadByFlashlight
    DeadByFlashlight Member Posts: 1,642

@Exciter said:

Sucks that you cant rush gens and leave after 5 mins
    I know

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

I've had good games as Survivor since the event started.

Hmm.

• Just_Meh

@Exciter said:

Sucks that you cant rush gens and leave after 5 mins
    I know

They don't get that we are now more powerful. Now they can take the hook or not play. We don't need them. 
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I also would like the window to not open after every trial.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Entitlement at it’s finest right here. 

Be thankful your vials aren’t tied to your objective. You can get nectar without having to do Gens. Killers have to catch and hook folks on their special hooks to get ANY nectar. If the Killer can’t catch and hook people, he gets nothing. You can still get nectar without having to do Gens.

You don’t have to do your objective to get Nectar, Killers do. I’d love to hear you whine if it was attached to Gens “The Killer is Camping the special Gens!” You know, like the Survivors did with the BBQ event.

In exchange for NOT being able to camp the “special Gens”, you can’t Sabotage Killer’s special Hooks.

What would you rather have? The flowers off to the side, or Killers camping the special Gens? 
  • Just_Meh
    kisfenkin said:

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    Don't participate then.

You mean that all survivors just shouldn't play at all? What about the normal people that aren't obsessed with playing only killer or only survivor but play both? I thought the point of this thread is that the event is ruining regular gameplay... If there are no survivors there is no game.

Survivors will never boycott this game. It's all talk. Wah wah wah. 
  • Just_Meh
    kisfenkin said:

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    Don't participate then.

Survivors will never boycott this game. It's all talk. Wah wah wah. 
  • SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Exciter said:

@SovererignKing said:

Be thankful your vials aren’t tied to your objective. You can get nectar without having to do Gens. Killers have to catch and hook folks on their special hooks to get ANY nectar. If the Killer can’t catch and hook people, he gets nothing. You can still get nectar without having to do Gens.

You don’t have to do your objective to get Nectar, Killers do. I’d love to hear you whine if it was attached to Gens “The Killer is Camping the special Gens!” You know, like the Survivors did with the BBQ event.

In exchange for NOT being able to camp the “special Gens”, you can’t Sabotage Killer’s special Hooks.

What would you rather have? The flowers off to the side, or Killers camping the special Gens? 

I've literally never had a single killer camp special gens during the BBQ event. And you don't seem to understand the point at all. Killers have their event condition tied to their normal win condition - Hook. Survivors. Because survivors have an event condition and win condition that are completely separate, the likelihood of survivors reaching their win condition is now less probable due to people tunneling on nectar nodes.

I had plenty camp the event Gens. I understand your point perfectly. You’re just complaining because you want everything to be easy for you. You want to be able to Gen Rush, Get Nectar handed to you, and escape. 

Here’s an easy analogy for you : Cake = Gens/Hooks, Ice Cream = Escape/Kills, Sprinkles = Nectar.

You want your cake (Do Gens), Ice Cream (Escape), and you want both to automatically have Sprinkles on top (Nectar). You don’t want to work for your Sprinkles at all, you just want them handed to you for free.

Killers on the other hand, they don’t get Sprinkles (Nectar) at all if they can’t even get their Cake (Hooks). They can’t get a Ice Cream (Kills) if they don’t get their Cake (Hooks) either.

If the Killer doesn’t get Hooks in first place, he gets absolutely nothing. Survivors can easily get Gens or Nectar, they do have to work for the Escape though.

I can’t believe Survivors are whining, when they can at least get SOMETHING even if they aren’t trying on the Gens. Killers get NOTHING if they don’t get Hooks. 
  • cetruzzo
    cetruzzo Member Posts: 323
    edited October 2018

I got 29 vials as survivor in about 9 hours playtime, tf are you all complaining about? 12 days left for the event lol
    I'll start now the grind as killer

edit: I'll also toss an example: say you miss 1/3 of vial as surv: you enter the game, get that in about 30 sec and if you want to speed the farming, as I saw a lot of people doing, suicide on hook
    let's see the killer's persp[ective now: you have 5/6 of a vial, you have to play 1 whole game just to get that 1/6
    I think the grind is in favour of the survivors

• kisfenkin

@cetruzzo said:
    I got 29 vials as survivor in about 9 hours playtime, tf are you all complaining about? 12 days left for the event lol
    I'll start now the grind as killer

edit: I'll also toss an example: say you miss 1/3 of vial as surv: you enter the game, get that in about 30 sec and if you want to speed the farming, as I saw a lot of people doing, suicide on hook
    let's see the killer's persp[ective now: you have 5/6 of a vial, you have to play 1 whole game just to get that 1/6
    I think the grind is in favour of the survivors

Exactly the point! The event is causing regular game play for survivors to be much more difficult. How does anyone expect to gain blood or rank when many if not all survivors are running around looking for flowers instead of playing the game... I can't wait to take advantage of all these easy kills later tonight.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Haven't had any issues playing survivor other than nobody else putting out offerings. Killer actually feels fun now that the time pressure has eased up. I can't wait for more objectives to make it in to the core game build.
  • dbd900bach
    dbd900bach Member Posts: 680
    Perhaps they are just clarifying what adding another objective does balance wise telling us there are better ways to balance the game
  • PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Just have fun with the event right now. When everyone gets their serum everything should return to normal.
  • NextKillerSpongebob
    NextKillerSpongebob Member Posts: 271

Oh don't worry. You're just bad :D I played as killer and survivor tonight and both have it equally easy. Hooks are crappy now so it's hard to sometimes even get survivors on the canker hooks. Don't whine!

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    I had 4 games in a row where all 4 of us survived when I first started the event and I got 7 vials for survivor  "shrugs" but survivor mains will be survivor mains
  • DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    kisfenkin said:

@Doc_W__HOLLIDAY said:
    Don't participate then.

That's not what I said. The OP said they hate the event, so I suggested they don't participate then.
  • Fenrir
    Fenrir Member Posts: 533
    I cant even get vials since mine are bugged out
  • franticpig29
    franticpig29 Member Posts: 102

I'm not liking that the gens are not the event things like the past events. Nobody is doing gens bc all they want to do is get the vials.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

I'm not liking that the gens are not the event things like the past events. Nobody is doing gens bc all they want to do is get the vials.

The point is to make matches last a bit longer..... its kind of a test run for secondary objectives.... past events there were matches where survivors would finish the gens and pretty much be like "hey we got ours so screw you"  because they controlled the clock... 
  • Vecors
    Vecors Member Posts: 67
    edited October 2018

To be honest, i think Survivor, again, is done faster than killer or at least at the same pace. Got my 30 vivor vials in like 7-8 hours. As killer i solely got 6 cause it takes forever to get a full lobby and if your event hooks spawn in a cluster somewhere where people just dont go and they dont fall for you chasing them towards the hooks you end up with the same problem as if, lets says, youre the first survivor to get found by the killer and only could drain one nectarbulgething. Also, and thats most important - a LOT of people just suicide after getting their full vial, killer always stays the longest.

• kisfenkin

@NextKillerSpongebob said:
    Oh don't worry. You're just bad :D I played as killer and survivor tonight and both have it equally easy. Hooks are crappy now so it's hard to sometimes even get survivors on the canker hooks. Don't whine!

What game are you playing? The recent update made certain that the struggle ability of survivors is totally useless. There is a hook within half of every player's struggle distance everywhere on the map. The only way that is changed is if they are sabotaged or used, and I'm fairly certain the canker hooks can't be sabotaged.The only way killers could have more hooks is if they carried them around. That would be the worst. Not only did he kill you but the hook he used he pulled out of his ass... talk about scary.

• TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604

If you thought Survivors that focus on totems before gens was bad before you're going to hate that there are now 7 extra totems on the map.
    Every game I'm in takes like 20 minutes more because of people hoovering up nectar. (Myself included I'll admit.) If the killer has Ruin or Sloppy Butcher or is Pig they're basically guarenteed a 4k since no one ######### does gens.

• TerminalEntropy
    TerminalEntropy Member Posts: 71

This just made my day! Survivors are dumping whole game to get to the flowers = Killers have it too easy xD Yeah, it's Killers fault that survivors pour their bullshit attitude on their teammates the first time they got a chance.
    It's not that Killer has more spots to patrol trying to find you, or that you can move stealthy instead of running like madness III. Or why share objectives in the lobby, lots of times there will be sb with 1/3 or 2/3 till the full vial. Naaah, Killers have it easy, to get a full vial out of the game they need 3 offerings and actually have to play successfully instead of holding LMB for a while but that means obviously nothing.

And about having it easy, can anyone confirm, when 2 survivors do a flower is the amount of serum divided by half for each? Because from what I've seen till now on surv side, it's the extraction speed that goes up while any loss of the acquired amount was hardly noticeable.

• Vecors
    Vecors Member Posts: 67

@TerminalEntropy said:
    This just made my day! Survivors are dumping whole game to get to the flowers = Killers have it too easy xD Yeah, it's Killers fault that survivors pour their bullshit attitude on their teammates the first time they got a chance.

People like you are the reason the devs dont give a damn about what the community has to say. Survivors earn up to 28k bps in 5 min while running from nectar to nectar. Even if you play solo queue, you can easily make up to 35+k every game.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    Exciter said:

@kisfenkin said:

@Exciter said:

Then it perfectly fits what this game is: an asymmetrical horror survival game
  • TerminalEntropy
    TerminalEntropy Member Posts: 71
    edited October 2018

@Vecors said:
    People like you are the reason the devs dont give a damn about what the community has to say. Survivors earn up to 28k bps in 5 min while running from nectar to nectar. Even if you play solo queue, you can easily make up to 35+k every game.

Wait a sec, you do realize what I said was a load of sarcasm. ..?
    And second thing, how does the bps thing refer to what you quoted?

• projecteulogy
    projecteulogy Member Posts: 671

@SovererignKing said:

lol during the BBQ event not once did i have a killer camp the special gens at rank 1. The problem with this event is almost purely survivor sided except the queue time as killer regardless of rank. Its atrocious because everyone is wanting to play killer, not survivor. If you die as a survivor, the serum you obtained not to the line is lost. Other teammates farmed early and left you nothing? Whoops. Got around 90% from the line but you get camped/tunneled/mori'd? rip your progress. Tbh, I'd rather have the gens back from the BBQ event. At least then I had a MUCH better chance at getting my event points even if i died.

I have yet to play in a match where the plants didn't slow down progress by several minutes and killers with 0-2 perks were walking away with 3-4k. I don't mind dying. I mind being sandbagged or BM'd because of the event. Throw in Ruin/Lullaby and you're going to have one big killing field for players like me, who suck at killer.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    @centren well I guess I'm a nectar hog. I got 5 as survivor and 6 as killer so far. I think getting at least 10 vials a day is pretty easy as long as you don't get insane wait time in the lobby.
    I have 30 as a survivor, So Chaotic please, hold my beer.
  • mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767

The event is fun, survivors arent all about gens now.
    We as killers actually are capable of having games of 10 minutes length.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited October 2018

Yeah it sucks, and it is easier on killer this time around, since survivors have to go out of their way to get their event points.

But what exactly would they do with killer? Killer's don't interact with stuff, nor have the time to interact with objects to get points.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

@Just_Meh said:
    Oblitiry said:

All the bad killers can win all the time now at least! 

Yes we can and that's the way it should be. 

That’s not how any game should ever work.